Author Topic: Stardew Valley  (Read 22971 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Stardew Valley
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2020, 02:06:16 AM »
@coolsim9999999
How have your neck and shoulder been feeling?  I have also taken a break from Stardew Valley these past two weeks or so, though I enjoy watching SDV Let's Play series by other people on Youtube.
I also enjoy YT videos where players guide viewers around their end-game farm.
Today, I was very tempted to start a new farm (4on the -Corners Farm layout again), haha.
But I told myself I cannot start a new save until I complete the three remaining Monster Eradication goals in Skull Caverns. *sighs

Thank you for explaining how meals and Skull Caverns work. I noticed in YT videos that folks were only drinking triple expresso coffee and one type of meal, so I figured that was the case (that, as you explained, the buff of da second meal cancels the first meal's buffs). I do have the Crab Ring. (I'd thought I earned it from killing x number of Rock Crabs, but now I'm not sure.)
I will go to SC with chest and different rings and meals, then experiment to see which combination works best for me. I'm sure your recommended combo will work best for me, since I'm poor at combat. :)
However, I used my fish ponds to grow yellow Cucumbers and Eels to make La stack each of Lucky Lunch and Spicy Eel, so I want to see how those meals work, too. One at a time, like you explained.

Don't laugh at me, but I doubt seriously doubt tthat I'll be doing any more Skull Cavern runs after I earn the Monster Hunter achievement.
I need to finish the three goals for Serpents, Mummies, and Pepper Rexes.
Honestly, I am quite happy hanging out at my farm, rearranging buildings and paths, checking my animals, farming, and earning gold from my preserve jars, kegs, and casks.
Now, I have the 3 Wizard's Towers and the Return Scepter.
After I save enough to buy the Golden Clock. After that, I'll consider that save finished whether or not I manage to complete my last 3 monster eradication goals.

Do you still enjoy creating builds for The Sims?  I'm Japanese so I'm really excited about the upcoming Snowy Escape pack!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2020, 08:33:04 PM »
Darn it, I just couldn't resist.  I started a new game today on the Forest Farm lot...
My farmer has her idea on Elliott but he's hard to please in early game without a duck or pomegranate tree. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2020, 04:24:59 AM »
@oshizu --- Elliot likes coffee, like every adult in the game.  At least that's a like for him --- and talking to him every day will help. 

I'm gonna write more tomorrow about your comments.  Good luck with Elliot and your forest farm.

I'm excited about Snowy Escape, but I can't build right now.

My neck and shoulder feel worse.  I'm waiting for a chirophractor's appt and maybe a doctor's appt/x-rays.  Now, my wrist is swollen, so all I do is watch You Tube and TV :(.

Offline DruidOfDreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2020, 03:04:09 AM »
@oshizu for early game, set up some crab pots along the beach, with any luck you'll catch a lobster which are a favorite for Elliot. If not, most regular fish usually are at least 'liked' by Elliot. He's just hard to get ahold of when he stays at home all day at first! The forest farm is also a favorite of mine, I hope you're enjoying it!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2020, 02:46:14 PM »
@coolsim9999999 and @DruidOfDreams

First of all, thank you both for the tips on snagging Elliott's heart!
My farmer completed the Pantry bundle on Year 1 Fall 14 (when my pumpkins matured), planted a pomegranate tree in the greenhouse, and got married to Elliott on Spring 12 of Year 2.
Haha, it's the first time in any of my saves to marry off my farmer so quickly!

coolsim
So sorry to hear that your neck and shoulder are still troubling you!  I hope you've since seen a chiropractor and are now on the road to recovery.
Please take care of your wrist, too!
As for Youtube, I do enjoy watching SDV Let's Play series! 

DruidofDreams
That's a great tip about lobsters in crab pots. I'm so lazy about beachside crab pots until I have a stable...
And I hadn't realized that he liked most fish, either!
Haha, it's hard reaching anyone in early game when our friendship levels are so low!
The worst is when I've brought a birthday gift to someone but they won't leave their bedroom, lol.

As for the forest farm, I love the greater/earlier availability of hardwood and the challenge of less space!
I'm thinking of relocating my coop and barn to the lower right corner of the farm.
Do you have a screenshot of your forest farm?  I'd love to see your farm layout!  :)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »
I love Stardew Valley. The Sims and SV are basically the only games I play. I rarely get time to play on the computer these days. Boo!

I do tend to get bored after completing the community centre though. Skull Caverns is too hard 😂

I haven’t played in ages though so may have to see what has changed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2020, 12:43:32 AM »
I love Stardew Valley. The Sims and SV are basically the only games I play. I rarely get time to play on the computer these days. Boo!

I do tend to get bored after completing the community centre though. Skull Caverns is too hard 😂

I haven’t played in ages though so may have to see what has changed.

@Tigerskin
I agree with you about Skull Cavern, haha. What fun is there to go there and diiiiieeee!?!?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2020, 03:05:44 PM »
Time to catch up! 8)  Hi @DruidOfDreams and @Tigerskin.  Great advice, as well.

I'm just posting now because my sprained wrist is almost healed, so now, I can type some.  It wasn't sprained when posted my results, but my arm and shoulder have been hurting all year, so it took me longer to play the challenge and the game in general.  Now, I can only play for a few minutes at a time, but I guess that's better than nothing.  I'm getting Snowy Escape today...

Thanks so much @oshizu.  I really love to watch You Tube let’s plays of Stardew. You’re welcome about how to get Elliot to love you. 
You love to start new farms!  That’s cool.  You can do Skull Cavern.  I believe in you.  I’m glad my Skull Cavern tips helped you.  It took me so long to even go to the 2nd level of the mine.  I didn’t want to see any monsters at all, but now, I know how to deal with them: The Galaxy Hammer (or at least the Galaxy Sword).\

“I do have the Crab Ring. (I'd thought I earned it from killing x number of Rock Crabs”
Yes, that’s how you earned that ring.

“I will go to SC with chest and different rings and meals, then experiment to see which combination works best for me. I'm sure your recommended combo will work best for me, since I'm poor at combat.”
That’s a great idea.  Don’t forget some wood to build a chest or 2 to leave you stuff that you don’t need outside Skull Cavern.

Those meals from your fish ponds sound cool.  What are the buffs for those?

“Don't laugh at me, but I doubt seriously doubt that I'll be doing any more Skull Cavern runs after I earn the Monster Hunter achievement.”
I promise I won’t laugh.

If you just want to hang out at your farm, then, that’s o.k. If you’re happy, then, it’s cool --- although, I know you want to finish those 3 goals.  I love the Return Scepter.  Good luck on getting 10K gold for the Golden Clock!  I think that thing is very helpful if you ever go back into that save or a new season is approaching.

I haven’t played Sims or built anything since Halloween.  How do you like Snowy Escape?

Coolsim

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2020, 01:56:10 AM »
Wow!  1.5.1 is awesome.  There's tons of new stuff, but new enemies can be quite challenging.  Have you seen the update yet @oshizu

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2020, 01:51:31 PM »
@coolsim9999999
No, I haven't played Stardew Valley since November end. All the farm-related clicking was making my right shoulder ache a little.
Also, I started the forum's new dynasty challenge. My dynasty household lives in Mt. Komorebi and I'm enjoying the new content. :)

Wait, the new enemies where? In the mines or Skull Caverns? I have given up on the 3 monster eradication goals that require my farmer to go to Skull Caverns, lol.
I will revisit Stardew Valley again in the very near future.

How is your neck and shoulder lately? Better, I hope.
May 2021 find our lives filled with joy and prosperity but free of neck and shoulder pains.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2020, 03:19:36 PM »
@oshizu --- Have fun with the new dynasty challenge.  I'm happy you're enjoying the new pack.  I explored it a little bit so far --- not with a dynasty.

In Stardew, there's a new area in the game.  Willy will send you a letter in the mail about it after you finish the Community Center (or complete the  Jojamart way).  That area has new enemies, but it's not all about them and they can't get you unless you go into their area. 

However, the mines and Skull Cavern only have new monsters if you complete special new challenges --- so those areas don't have to change. You can always complete the 3 monster eradication goals later.  I only went to Skull Cavern with enough staircases for the 25 and 100 level quests before.  I wouldn't even go to level 2 in the mines the first whole month I played the game.  Now, I've gotten good at using bombs and not bombing myself and ending up at Harvey's.

There are tons of new things in the new update --- in every piece of the game.  It was a huge update!

I hope your shoulder feels better soon.  My neck/shoulder/arm feel a little better, so I can at least explore Snowy Escape and the new Stardew update.

Thanks so much for your nice New Year message!  I hope the same for you and that we feel better physically. 8)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2021, 10:26:15 PM »
@coolsim9999999

Thanks for encouraging me to explore the 1.5 update. I subscribe to several SDV channels and Wickedy Chickadee always post good videos to introduce new SDV content.
I watched her 100% Perfection rating video and bookmarked her 1.5 Intro and Golden Walnuts videos for later. I might prefer BrandiganBTW 1.5 intros, though.
What I've started doing instead is watching Aavak's new 1.5 SDV LP series. He's definitely a min-maxer but his videos are so enjoyable because he takes such great pleasure in all the game's many details.
I've watched enough series where a player reaches Skull Caverns by the first summer or makes $10mil in the first year. They're rather exhausting, tbh.
(I say this but I still do my best to rush the Greenhouse by the first winter and start filling it with ancient fruit & starfruit....)

So I'm watching Aavak's series instead of playing SDV also because I'm so tempted to start yet another new farm.
The link to Aavak's series is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGe_S5n7MjT3gYv6PKifozmM-L1OwwvgV
I've reached Year 4 of my Forest Farm with Elliott.  Haha, I'm a startaholic---I want to start a Beach Farm and marry Elliott again.
I loved my Four Corners Farm and Harvey is a great spouse except when he turns his back and we can see that he's bowlegged, LOL!

Are you playing the new content with an existing farm of yours? Or did you restart with a Beach Farm? :)
Please let me know.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2021, 11:50:04 PM »
That's awesome @oshizu!  I'm using my first Stardew Valley save, in which I married Elliot.  It's the standard farm.  I did try the beach farm, but I wanted a save in which I'd already completed the community center.  Thanks for the you tube channels. 8)  I think it's a lot easier to use a save with a completed community center because then you can just focus on the new content.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »
I am mainly playing on my iPad now (able to grab 10 minutes here and there on the iPad rather than set time aside for on the computer).

Bit gutted to have to wait for the new update though! Have managed to start a new beach farm on the computer but only had a chance to play on it twice so far.

@oshizu I have watched the new content on SharkyGames and some on Tooshi. I did start to watch Aavark but when I realised he wasn’t playing on the new beach farm, I didn’t continue. I have watched his videos on SDV before though. He has a lovely voice.

Combat on the mobile seems a lot harder even though you can set it to auto attack. Skull Caverns is almost impossible! Haven’t managed to get to level 100 yet.

I am so impressed with ConcernedApe’s updates etc with SDV and all for free. Other devs could learn a thing from him.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2021, 07:16:15 PM »
@coolsim9999999
Haha, I mostly want to start a new farm to experience the challenge of remixed Community Center bundles.
On the other hand, I do not relish the idea of redoing the Dust Sprites geradication oal for my Burglar Ring.
For now, though, I'm busy with my 7 Heroes Dynasty challenge on Sims . :)

@Tigerskin
I laughed (at myself) when I read that Skull Cavern on mobile is impossible. My farms have beento Skull Caverns a total of 4 times. Pretty sure I've never gotten past Level 3 without dying.
Ahhh, your IPad. I can see how farming-on-the-fly would be handier, especially if you can finish at least a whole day in one sesh.
I agree that Aavak has that lovely smiling voice and is delightfully laid back in his SDV approach. I only wish I had remote access to his Community Center.
Obviously, I'm way more obsessed with getting the minecarts, greenhouse, and quarry asap. Haha.

So, now I'm waiting for Sharky Games to start his Beach Farm playthrough.
Frankly, I wish SG would just play without mods. He did a 1.5 preview months ago using a modded game and I almost unsubbed.
It was impossible to determine which were his mods and which were the 1.5 updates. Grrrrr.

anything