Author Topic: Vampires Guides and Reference Links  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Vampires Guides and Reference Links
« on: January 23, 2017, 07:33:35 PM »
Vampires Guides and Reference Links

Quick Links:

Guide Links
Reference Links

Guide Links

Four guides are presently written about vampires, along with the DLC overview. I need to update aspirations for the three included in the pack, and some other misc things like plants. For now this should help people get started, in particular the powers and weaknesses pages if you are interested in exactly how something works. If you feel it can be improved, leave feedback in this thread.

Vampires Game Pack
Becoming and Playing a Vampire: Needs, Abilities, Etc.
Vampire Ranks and Leveling Up
Vampire Perks, Powers and Weaknesses
Vampire Lore (Skill)

Reference Links

Forgotten Hollow: Lot and Resident Info with Images
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28288.msg463465#msg463465

Playing vampires in rotation
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28347.msg464186#msg464186

How-to guide to prevent getting bitten by a vampire
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28708.msg467997#msg467997

Caleb Vatore's background story
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30118.msg484448#msg484448

Offline Emia

• Nooboo
Re: Vampires Guides
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »
Since there are three aspiration, is there no way to expand on them? Well, they usually get changed during patch, but some preliminary view would be nice?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:57:23 PM »
I will likely add them to the aspirations page tomorrow afternoon. A quick run down of the overarching objectives would be: Create a vampire family, become a master vampire, and play a good vampire that doesn't feed without permission.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »
There is an interaction between the Vampire Family aspiration and the other preexisting Family Aspirations. A child can be either your "Child" OR your "Offspring". Not both, ever, for the purposes of these aspirations. I will use the word "progeny" for a Sim descendant so this description is clear. I suspect progeny could be by Woohoo means or adopted, but this testing was done with old-fashioned progeny creation methods.

1. If the progeny is not a vampire it is your "Child".
2. If the progeny is born a vampire it is your "Child", and does not count as "Offspring", even after it ages up to Teen and becomes a vampire. *
3. If you convert a non-vampire progeny to a vampire after they age to teen or older, it changes from "Child" to "Offspring"*
4. If you cure a vampire progeny that is a "Child", it stays a "Child".
5. If you cure a vampire progeny, then bite them they change from "Child" to "Offspring" (you got to case 4 to get to 3 on an alternate path) **
6. If you cure a progeny, that may or may not have been born a vampire, but which you have bitten and is now an "Offspring" they *remain* an "Offspring".*, ***

* The relevant counts in each aspiration will change. So should you bite a progeny which is a child, you get +1 on create vampire offspring and the count for say "Be Friends with 3 of your children" the count goes down by one. Vampire training given to a progeny which is in the state "Child" even if they are your vampire-born progeny does not increment the "Train 3 Offspring".

** That means if you have progeny that was born a vampire, and you want them as part of your Vampire Family Aspiration count, you need to, counter-intuitively, wait for them to age up to a teen and become a vampire, so you can cure them and turn them back into a vampire.

*** If you have a child, which you have bitten, and you cure them, and you want them to count as a "Child" for purposes of the older Family Aspirations, you are out of luck, as they remain "Offspring" unless you go into cas.fulleditmode and manually set relationships.

I would assume if another vampire converts your progeny, that also decrements the "Child" count on these aspirations, since a Sim can be either a "Child" or an "Offspring" but not both I think. So this is something to be aware of if finishing multiple aspirations, or if doing extended family or family rotational play.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »
@Hechicera

How wonderful that you have done so much testing on this and shared your results.
The way that Vampire Family goes with Big Happy Family/Successful Lineage seems very complicated--I would never have figured all this out without weeks of gameplay.
So I thank you profusely while I bookmark your post!   (Oops,I can only bookmark the entire thread, not just your post!)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 07:16:36 PM »
Thank you so much for sharing! I am just in the middle of working all this out. It is indeed rather complicated when you look across the family aspirations.

I guess at the end of the day a Vampires 'offspring' family need to be sims that they have converted. Like a gang of sorts I guess.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 10:08:49 PM »
Right, you can convert any random non-vampire you meet on the street and "BOOM" they are "Offspring". Basically, "Offspring" are vampires you create by biting after you have the relevant perk.

So for my main vampire, at first her mother-in-law, her husband, and her unrelated neighbor were her "Offspring". Then when their first vampire child aged naturally to teen, he was not an "Offspring". I though: "Huh?"

I was also starting on the Family aspirations with her after completing the nice vampire one and waiting on the day timer to tick down in the master vampire one, so I noticed the aspiration count change too when I figured out how to make my child vampire my "Offspring".

So, I scratched my head some more and started testing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lal-Soukyan

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 12:18:35 PM »
Note for the new Vampire Aspirations:

I have a vampire character and I just finished the Music Aspiration, in the process of pursuing the Music Aspiration, I became a Grand Master Vampire. Now, this is great but when I went to choose a new Aspiration and I chose the new Vampire knowledge one, it didn't credit me for the vampire ranks I had already completed. The "become a vampire" was checked but the rest were not.

I think you can only do the vamp ones that include vampire levels by doing them first and if that is true, I think you can only do one of the vampire aspirations?

Anyone else notice this?

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 03:40:36 PM »
That is odd, and sounds like a bug. I completed all three vampire aspirations with a randomly generated townie who was already a master vampire when I married her to the household. She did have one of the three as her chosen aspiration (Nice Vampire), but I did a couple of other aspirations before doing the two other vampire ones (Master & Family).

Vampire rank and lore automatically were marked as complete when I got to the stages.
The specific "Read Vampire Lore Book #" I did have to reread the book, and then it would credit.

Offline Lal-Soukyan

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »
Interesting, I will try and see if resetSim works. I hope I can fix it, I have become attached to this character. Thanks for the information!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 04:42:41 PM »
Note for the new Vampire Aspirations:

I have a vampire character and I just finished the Music Aspiration, in the process of pursuing the Music Aspiration, I became a Grand Master Vampire. Now, this is great but when I went to choose a new Aspiration and I chose the new Vampire knowledge one, it didn't credit me for the vampire ranks I had already completed. The "become a vampire" was checked but the rest were not.

I think you can only do the vamp ones that include vampire levels by doing them first and if that is true, I think you can only do one of the vampire aspirations?

Anyone else notice this?

Yes, I've had this happen. I had just assumed that the aspirations needed to be chosen for the requirements to check off. I had to work through each one repeating the book reading and so on in each aspiration! lol Must be a bug then.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything