Author Topic: [BUG] Missing names in Vampires (Solved)  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
[BUG] Missing names in Vampires (Solved)
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:07:28 PM »
Hi guys,

Don't know if this is the right place to post my problem, but here goes. A lot of stuff is missing from Vampires - Sim names, object names, lot names, conversation topics as well as all names of skills, traits, and aspirations. Either there is an empty space or it says 'debug'. I have tried updating and repairing my game and followed this site's steps for clearing cache. What am I doing wrong? :'(

~Nindigo
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Missing names in Vampires
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »
My first thought is that it may be part of the empty bubbles bug.

Codes instead of Text/ Empty Bubbles
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/

We may have to wait to see if Play's got any ideas of what it might be.

Note: Players that have Vampires installed are reporting this issue.

Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p/3903165

Look on last page - pg.54 at time of post. Solution can be found on first page of thread. - Link above.

This bug isn't specific to Vampires, it's a long standing bug that's been around quite awhile.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: [BUG] Missing names in Vampires
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 11:48:50 PM »
Hello MrsFlynn,

Thanks for your reply. I decided to investigate my installation and seemed to find the problem. For some odd reason, I had both a regular version of the main game as well as a premium version installed. However, they weren't both updated and/or repaired. I uninstalled the lot of it and removed all remnants of TS4 in terms of folders etc. Then re-installed the premium version along with all the expansions and packs. It took a bit, but everything now seems as it should be. Phew. Time to enjoy, finally :)

~Nindigo
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted