Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236912 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3900 on: September 19, 2012, 04:27:59 AM »
Hi everybody!

@Rhapsody (awesome name, by the way):

If you want to suggest a challenge for the official tournament, PM Challenge Coordinator Metropolis Man. If you want to propose a Project, then PM Metropolis Man and Pam. :)

Offline Rhapsody2312

• Townie
« Reply #3901 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45:09 AM »
Wonderful! Thank you very much, Seabody.  I'll do that as soon as I've finished writing it up properly.  ;D
Listen to the mustn'ts child, Listen to the don'ts;
Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts.
Listen to the never-haves, then listen close to me;
Anything can happen, child; anything can be.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #3902 on: September 19, 2012, 04:47:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum everyone! I hope you have a wonderful time here!  :D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #3903 on: September 19, 2012, 06:22:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum everyone! :)

SimBlip

« Reply #3904 on: September 19, 2012, 06:34:38 AM »
Welcome, Easilyamusd and Rhapsody!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3905 on: September 19, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Rhapsody!  And thanks very much to Seabody for sharing the information about Challenges and Projects.

As for my personality, I'm 26, animal-mad and have a slightly warped sense of humour.

Thanks very much and I look forward to getting more involved in the sims community.  :)

From what you've told us about yourself, I think you'll fit in very well here!  ;) I hope you enjoy your time here.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline roboveg

• Nooboo
« Reply #3906 on: September 21, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »
I've been lurking a long time, but I think the time is right for an introduction. I've used the site and forums extensively for information over time, and I'm looking forward to contributing to one of the more civil forums I've found on the internet!

I have been playing the Sims since the original came out. It's pretty much my only casual gaming outlet. I enjoy building and playing informal legacies, although I prefer not to worry too much about rules and have yet to complete any of the challenges. I've actually finished entries for a few of the building contests, but I've been too shy to actually submit them. Baby steps, right?

In real life, I'm a graduate student and a work-at-home parent. As my name implies, I am a vegan. I am not, however, a robot. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #3907 on: September 21, 2012, 12:15:08 PM »
Wecome to the Forum, roboveg! Have a wonderful time!  :)

Offline mermaidgirl47

• Nooboo
« Reply #3908 on: September 21, 2012, 02:30:43 PM »
I too, have been lurking since I got my game a couple months ago.
I have been playing since the first one but it was only with the second one that I really 'got' it and got serious.
I'm not sure how I feel about the online aspect to the game, unlike most people I live way out in the country and my internet is definitely slower than in-town DSL and these patches and stuff sometimes wreak havoc. Like today, I am installing a patch for the third time...it takes over an hour to download and if I don't download it, the computer thinks I am trying to do something I shouldn't. It's frustrating. But I do love the game and can play hours at a time. I'm getting Supernatural today and soooo excited!
I have a kind of unique situation in which I am sort of stuck way out here by myself for the majority of my time so my online community is my social life. Everyone here seems awesome! Thanks for having me!

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #3909 on: September 21, 2012, 06:20:21 PM »
Welcome to everyone that I have missed!
I love rain!

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #3910 on: September 21, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum roboveg! Don't be scared to submit your entries, the only way you can win, is by trying.  :)
Welcome to the forum mermaidgirl47! I too lurked on the forum until I finally joined.  :D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

SimBlip

« Reply #3911 on: September 21, 2012, 09:34:59 PM »
I'm not sure how I feel about the online aspect to the game, unlike most people I live way out in the country and my internet is definitely slower than in-town DSL and these patches and stuff sometimes wreak havoc. Like today, I am installing a patch for the third time...it takes over an hour to download and if I don't download it, the computer thinks I am trying to do something I shouldn't. It's frustrating. But I do love the game and can play hours at a time...

Welcome to this Forum, Mermaidgirl47. I live in a 'forgotten' patch of the land, too. This sounds so familiar to me. If anything, it helps to play off-line. Still, I'm sure, that you will have a great time here, and come to love this community as much as I have.  :D

Offline Aniala

• Nooboo
« Reply #3912 on: September 21, 2012, 09:58:24 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a while. Bad experiences with forums in the past means I don't normally participate, but you all seem so lovely I had to say hello.
I've played Sims, Sims 2, and now Sims 3, though I really only started with Sims 2. I really love the escapism that the Sims offer. Well, that and playing decorator :-D

I want to thank everyone for all the work on this site. If I'm ever stuck, this is always my first port of call. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #3913 on: September 21, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Aniala!
I love rain!

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #3914 on: September 24, 2012, 11:39:47 PM »
Seems like I missed this thread!

Hello to all you lovely simmers!

Ok, I'm Velocity and I'm a 22 year old Computer Science undergraduate. Yes, a nerd lady.

I'm not that much into gaming, actually the Sims 3 is the only game i play and that is also because of the story-telling aspect.To be honest, I just don't understand any other video games. My boyfriend is a huge gamer and I have yet to figure out what's so interesting in Halo etc etc etc LOL!

I'm a wanna-be-writer and currently working on my first ever Sims 3 story, Six at Sunset. The thread is over here at the Miscellaneous forum: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12443.0.html. I'm a huge reader and more often than not, you may find a character referring to a book they've read LOL!

I am not so good at building, though I really love furnishing and sim creation. At times, I've spent hours just trying to find the perfect CC!

So, hope to see more of all of you over here :)!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

anything