Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 542530 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4050 on: November 18, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Autumn Morning! The challenges are amazing, especially the Dynasties! It'll be great to see another member try them out!  ;D

Offline fairygothmother

• NPC
« Reply #4051 on: November 18, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »
Hello
I am Cathrine. I am a married 28 year old goth. I travel a bit and grew up in Michigan, lived in LA and now I live in the gothtopia of Germany. I am involved in the scene and attend concerts festivals and do freelance design and photography for underground and some well known bands in the industrial and goth scene as well as metal.

When I have free time to kill which I do right now I play sims and enjoy building and creating characters and homes. I am on the Sims community and theres some of my creations available to see for download. If I can share them on here like my pandoras chapel than that would be cool. I havnt got the expansions but will be soon. I look forward to the 70s 80s and 90s stuff pack as well.

I have no children and in the process of searching a small pet probably a cat. I like animals including rodents reptiles and and birds.

My husband Helmuth plays sims 3 as well.

Okay well I dont need to ramble on about myself. If theres any questions please feel free to contact me.

Cat The Fairy Gothmother

sims community id is CathrineMilson2009

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #4052 on: November 19, 2012, 05:18:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Autumn Morning and Fairy Gothmother! :)

Offline smilesdude98

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4053 on: November 20, 2012, 01:42:40 AM »
Hello all,

I really appreciate active gaming communities, especially ones that are as helpful as this one. I have been a user of this guide for a while now, and hope to be able to become a part of this community.

Offline Aurna

• Nooboo
« Reply #4054 on: November 20, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »
Morning!

Along with most folks it seems, been a long time reader of Carl's Guides, thought I would take the plunge and say hi.  Currently living in Denmark with my partner, our mad mutt MaGee and grumpy cat Gibbs.  Been playing the Sims Franchise since it was first released, long time addict  ;D

Aurn

Louise56

« Reply #4055 on: November 20, 2012, 03:18:41 AM »
Welcome, smilesdude and Aurn! Enjoy the forum. ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4056 on: November 20, 2012, 03:31:22 AM »
I'm not new to the Forum.  In face my Forum number is 2.  Haha!  Yes, I was the second member of this Forum, right after Carl himself.  Even though I'm not new, I thought I'd introduce myself to the many new members we've gotten recently.

Carl and I partnered together shortly after The Sims 3 was released in 2009.  This Forum didn't even exist as a seed of an idea back then.  When we started it and got it running, Carl took the Guide side of things and I took the Forum side of things.  The last three years have been exciting, heartbreaking, and some of the best years of my life.  My position is Administrator and Community Manager.  This means that I have a little more authority and ability to do things than a Global Moderator, which makes up the rest of our staff.  I try my best to do what's right for the community as a whole, and even for members as individuals.

I want to welcome all of our new members, as well as our not-so-new members.  I love all of you and I'm so glad you're here!  My door is always open, so please don't hesitate to contact me if I may help you in any way.

Cheers!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #4057 on: November 21, 2012, 05:02:53 AM »
Welcome Aurna and smilesdude! Enjoy the forum!

SimBlip

« Reply #4058 on: November 21, 2012, 07:09:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Autumn Morning, Cathrine, Smilesdude 98 and Aurna. Have a wonderful time!  :D

As a not-so-new-member; thank you, Pat. You messager gives me warm fuzzies. :)

Offline LadyMustang

• Nooboo
« Reply #4059 on: November 22, 2012, 11:35:49 PM »
Hello All!

I was going to start off by just asking a couple of questions but have decided to introduce myself first, instead. I am accessing this forum with a PS3 console rather then a PC, so thought this would be a good way to test out a first post and see if it works.  So far, so good. I do have a computer but it is in another house.

So my real name is Donna and I live in the mountains of Northern California, in a tiny town of about 300. We are surrounded by hay and cattle ranches and wilderness. I share my house with two adorable Shetland Sheepdogs. At one of my Sim houses I have Shelties too. It's amazing how much the Sim Shelties behave like the real thing.

I began playing the Sims 3 on PS3 about a year or so ago and then earlier this year I finally got the PC version, which is proving to be a lot better. My biggest problem is trying to keep up with my Sims. The PC Sims seem to be much more hyper and think for themselves more.

Any how thats about it for me.

~Donna S.~
~Donna S.~

Louise56

« Reply #4060 on: November 22, 2012, 11:48:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum Donna! :)

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #4061 on: November 23, 2012, 03:51:48 AM »
Welcome Donna!

Appeagdal

« Reply #4062 on: November 24, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »
Glad to join this great forum, just want to make some new friends here.

I'm from New York City, btw. If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM. :)

If I'm not post in the right board, please remove this thread. Cheers.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #4063 on: November 24, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
Glad to join this great forum, just want to make some new friends here.

I'm from New York City, btw. If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM. :)

If I'm not post in the right board, please remove this thread. Cheers.

Hey there. I've merged your introduction into the Introduce Yourself topic so that more members will see it and come by to say hello. I've also edited your posts for some punctuation inconsistencies. Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your time here!

Louise56

« Reply #4064 on: November 24, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum Appeagdal! ;D

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #4065 on: November 24, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
I haven't posted on this thread for a while, and there are so many new members! Welcome to the Forum everyone :)

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4066 on: November 24, 2012, 11:13:26 AM »
Hi everyone. ;D I've been a lurker for about a year, but recently decided to officially join.

So, about me. I'm Kender (a nickname given to me by my first boyfriend years ago, but it's basically my second name now lol), a mid-20s American expat living about 30 minutes west of Seoul, South Korea. Pretty sure my parents thought I'd only be here a year or two before giving up and moving back near them, but then I went and got myself married to a local last month. Whoops! Sorry, Mom and Dad, but it's not like you haven't seen it coming since I started teaching myself Korean in highschool. ;)

Hubs and I are having our wedding ceremony sometime next fall or winter, if we can survive this adjustment period. (Trying not to kill him is very trying some days. Like today. Must be love, right? ::)) No plans for kids yet, but Hubs is pushing 30 and his biological clock is ticking. (Pushy Asian parents. Although to be fair my father is also being a bit pushy about it. And we've only been married a month!) I'm fine being childless for now, but I'm pushing for a dog and/or a cat once I get my marriage visa and find a job, since growing up we had at least one of each at any given time and I miss having a furry friend. If I had my way we'd own German Shepherds or Irish Wolfhounds or some other big furry bundle of love, but unfortunately we live in an apartment (or a "villa" as it's called here, which is basically just an apartment in a small building as opposed to a highrise) and Hubs isn't really a fan of big dogs unless they're a Korean breed like the Jindo, which is a gorgeous creature but frankly way too much work for me. Also he has this weird misconception that cats and dogs absolutely cannot live together. ???

Anyway! I've been a Sims fan since I got Sims classic for Christmas way back when, although I was so addicted to it for a while that my parents had to cut me off. And then they refused to get Sims 2. :( Meanies. But Sims 3 more than makes up for the loss (I have all the expansions and all the stuff packs, although I'm sure I don't use them to their full advantage), and now that all my foreign friends have gone back to their respective countries and I'm alone with my non English-speaking husband, it's pretty much the most English exposure I get. :-\ I use this as an excuse for my addiction. ;D

Oh, and I tend to talk too much online. Makes up for me being the silent type in real life. :P

As we say in Korea, 잘 부탁드려요~ ♥ ("Please take care of me/treat me well~ ♥")

♥ Kender

SimBlip

« Reply #4067 on: November 24, 2012, 11:41:48 AM »
Welcome, Donna, Appeagdal and Kender! :)

Louise56

« Reply #4068 on: November 24, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
Welcome, Kender! Enjoy the forum :)

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #4069 on: November 24, 2012, 05:38:41 PM »
I welcome all new members to this awesome forum! I hope you enjoy your time here.  :D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Occult
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #4070 on: November 25, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »
Welcome to all the members I have missed!
I love rain!

Offline KachieSan

• Nooboo
« Reply #4071 on: November 28, 2012, 03:09:24 AM »
Heyla everyone!

I've been lurking the site and forum for... ever it seems. Finally decided to join the forums so I can join in all the fun and help people out the way scouring the forums have helped me.

I'm a long time Simmer, been playing since the first generation when my mom and sister got into it and graciously allowed me computer time. Now I'm (almost) 25 and playing Sims 3 on my own laptop while still commiserating about the games with my mom and sharing all the awesomeness with new generations of players while working at Target. (Seriously, I talked two little girls into gettings Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, World Adventures, and Pets and sharing the expansions between their laptops, with their grandfather's permission. Was great feeling.)

Also, I live in northern California, waaaaay up by the Oregon border and on the coast. When not working, I'm either at home where I rent a room from my dad and stepmom with my tuxedo kitty Semira and my ever-rotating collection of rats. Currently providing for four... one store-bought agouti hooded male named Latte, and adopted-from-the-wild triplets Cappa, Chino, and Honey, who I've had since they were a week old. OR I'm out at my boyfriend's where he gets a huge kick out of watching me play Sims 3 and all the shenanigans my sims get into, and where I have to manuever around his mom's terrier who wishes he was my dog. With any luck we'll be able to finally (after four years of dating) get our own place sometime next year and I can finally get a dog of my own to go with my menagerie.

Hoping to have a fun time chatting with people!

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #4072 on: November 28, 2012, 03:36:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum, KachieSan. I hope you enjoy it here!  :D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Louise56

« Reply #4073 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:21 AM »
Welcome to thge forum KachieSan! :)

Offline Rainforest

• NPC
« Reply #4074 on: November 29, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
Hello there to Carl and everyone here!  I have been using this site for a few weeks now... it seems that every time I have a question and do a google search, Carl's Sims3 is where I end up, so I have quit the google searches and just come straight here now! lol

Thank you so much for such a wonderful site... it's full of so much information!  I have been a simmer since the very beginning of Sims1, but I only started playing Sims3 a few weeks ago.

Anyway, nice to meet all of you,
Rainforest  :-*