Author Topic: That's Quite an Achievement!  (Read 11054 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
That's Quite an Achievement!
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:38:28 AM »
That's Quite an Achievement!

Goal
We're revisiting a simple challenge from two years ago where players try and grab as many achievement points as they can in the allotted time.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 1 Young Adult Sim -- Sim cannot be a Vampire, but other Vampires can be in the game.
  • Remember to play your file on Short Lifespan.
  • No limitations on household additions or moving.
  • If your original Sim dies then you are done with the challenge. Post in this thread that you are DNF.
  • Bowling content is not allowed as it comes out after the challenge begins.
    • The team is requiring all participants to write down all achievements and their value to make sure everything adds up if questions arise.
    • This challenge concludes when your original Sim ages up to Adult.

Scoring

Achievement Points — When your Sim ages up to Adult, immediately pause your game and go to Options > Achievements and note your total score accumulated. Please take a screenshot indicating the amount in case the challenge team needs verification. Do not include the screenshot when you post your score in this thread.

Ch-Ch-Changes
    The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
    Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, MarianT, LenaLJ, and Trip) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
    After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Achievement Points       
    LenaLJ2575
    Alex2555
    ratchie2300
    cyclonenic2285
    lesleyj422265
    reggikko2225
    Minnie Mouse1770
    Eighty8Keys1340
    MomOfMany1105
    CynKuy520
    Metropolis Man455
    Bloudwedd410
    sdhoey370
    Windhavyn370
    Ginj360
    vancanuckfan86350
    JocyMc245
    Alexandra88245
    MysteryGem160
    coolsim9999999110
    fanofaband110

Offline wonderoona

• Nooboo
Re: That's Quite an Achievement!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »
Achievements? Do you mean like whims and such? Or lifetime acheivements? I'm a little confused. Thanks in advance!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:43:27 AM »
When you are playing a household click on options then go into achievements, you will see a list of,well,everything your household has achieved.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:11:03 AM »
Just so everyone is clear - there are no restrictions on household additions and moving in this event. However, the achievements you count is the list presented in Options at the end when your initial Sim turns Adult. There is no carrying over of achievements obtained from prior households.

-----------

EDIT: Okay, someone reminded me that achievements are tracked for each save file, so what I said above is misleading. Bottom line: you can pretty much do whatever you want to do to rack up achievement points aside from opening up the cheats panel :).

EDIT 2: Since it's been at least an hour since I have squawked at everyone I needed to also remind you that some achievements will be impossible given your original CAS Sim is your timekeeper. In other words, you cannot leave him/her behind in someone's home. You have to keep them because it's when they age up that you stop playing.

Offline vancanuckfan86

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »
Oh man - I think this will be a really tough one for me - I think I'll play for the lowest score on this one haha  :P!

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 02:32:15 AM »
Since I totally botched the Cupid Challenge (forgot the 6 h rike) I am going to read and re-read the rikes this time! 😜 How about the new achievement from Bowling Nights? Is that ok for this Challenge?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 05:49:08 AM »
Since I totally botched the Cupid Challenge (forgot the 6 h rike) I am going to read and re-read the rikes this time! 😜 How about the new achievement from Bowling Nights? Is that ok for this Challenge?

All the various content packs are fine for this event.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »

Sorry, @Bloudwedd, Metro was reminded that we don't allow content from packs that come out during a challenge, so the Bowling achievement will not be allowed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 11:54:57 PM »
Although we're not going to post the following screenshot, "Achievements and note your total score accumulated. Please take a screenshot indicating the amount in case."

How do you take a screenshot of those achievements?  When I completed my practice file, I wrote down my Sims' achievements, but I could not get a screenshot of them. 

Thanks a lot,

Coolsim

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 03:18:25 PM »
When Maureen Murphy aged up to adult, she had a total of 110 points from achievements :).  This was a really fun challenge, as always!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 02:52:04 PM »
Gem Lakes aged to adult with a total of 370 in achievements.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 11:54:59 PM »
Good job, sdhoey :)!

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »
With the major failing that I by mistake let my founder blew out birtday-candles I ended up with 410p one day early:-)  No idea how I managed that since none of my plans worked :-D

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
Are you not allowed to make your sim a vampire as it states one young adult sim and the challenge stops when the sim becomes an adult? The young adult is not the problem but the vampire will age differently. Can we just count 10 days?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 03:25:40 AM »
You cannot make your starting Sim a vampire but vampires are allowed.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.