Author Topic: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge update 5.8  (Read 80474 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge update 3.1
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
OMG!!! I LOVE how Kas is all "Um, I don’t think you want to have our baby there…" lol He's all, I know what they do there and I really don't think it's a good idea.

I'm so glad I caught up with this in time to await the new heir's birth.

Yes Kason sure knows all about what goes on at the hospital, which is probably why he is so keen to switch careers.

I have been away a couple of days and I'm going away on holiday again on Wednesday, but I hope I have time to write up the 2 chapters that I already have pictures for before then.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
3.2 Millicent is Born
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Vlad: Welcome to San Myshuno Hospital, here for a blood test?

The hospital in San Myshuno was very creepy. It was staffed by all kinds of suspicious types such as vampires and ghosts. Aria had always wanted to give birth at the same hospital her mother had been born at, but when she was following the mysterious Vlad down the corridor to the maternity ward she started to feel doubt.

She was right to be apprehensive, the ghostly doctor didn’t really seem to care about weather his patient lived or died, maybe that happens when you keep practicing after your own death.

Despite it being touch and go for a while, a new little baby girl was born. Her name is Millicent Caliente, and her parents will call her Millie.

Millie soon became a silly toddler. She has Aria’s skin tone and Kason’s hair and eyes.

Aria was so excited to stretch her parenting wings with a toddler. She didn’t let Millie out of her sight. Kason was a lot less interested, but he also worked long hours at the creepy hospital, so she felt he deserved some rest when he got home exhausted every night. Aria and Millie soon became good friends (4 points)

Now that Millie was older Aria felt more comfortable in taking her places, so when her mother invited her over to the park in San Myshuno, she couldn’t really say no. Millie was a bit frightened by the fireworks, but Aria couldn’t really fault her mother for wanting to celebrate her first grandchild with a bang. Her uncle Alfredo Caliente also came along, and they became good friends (5 points).

While at the park they worked on potty training, and Aria reached level 4 in the parenting skill (6 points).

Soon Millie was roaming all over the house, she handled the steep stairs with aplomb and was more and more interested in exploring her environment.

Aria spent most of her days teaching Millie skills and playing with her, she quickly became more proficient at parenting and reached level 5 and 6 in no time (8 points).

Despite having her mother mostly glued to her, Millie still managed to play in the toilets as often as possible.

Because of this, she had to have many baths, which she loved. Way more fun than skilling!

Like all in the family that had come before, they loved dancing together. And Aria soon reached level 7 of the parenting skill (9 points).

Millie’s favorite toy was her duckie, he was by her side regardless of if they were in the water or not. He was there, faithfully by her side, on the day she maxed the potty skill (11 points). And the first free day came along.

On the free day, Aria and Millie kept going as usual, and Kason finally managed to pick up the phone to resign from his job at the hospital.

He promptly applied at the science centre, and was accepted in the scientist career.  He celebrated by reading lots of books and getting the required number of breakthroughs for a future promotion.

He also played a lot with Millie, who fortunately didn’t give him an angry mood yet. They are now good friends, and that will hopefully make things easier for him in the future.

Kason tried to teach Millie all about the scientific method, but she was not very receptive.

A bath was better received, even though Kason was just as wet as Millie by the end of it.

While Kason took over some of the responsibilities for Millie, Aria could finally get to all those pesky home repairs that needed to be done around the house.

A Note: I am carrying over 1 point from this group of 10 until next time. So, I will only need 9 points to reach 20.

I was thinking that I would hate playing in this house because it’s so small, but I love it! It’s such a compact house, and the routing works great. It’s not a house for a large family, but I would not consider it a poor choice for a starter house in the future. In a file without these building restrictions, it could be a really great place.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
3.3 Millicent Ages Up
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
Yay I am back! After visiting some great beaches on Jamaica and battling jet lag I finally had enough energy to go in game and play some more.

Aria starts the way to 20 points with one carried over from before her first free day (1 point).

Having a toddler in the house is great for maxing cooking (3 points) and Aria is happy to report that Millicent seems to like vegetarian food. Dare she hope she will be a vegetarian as well?

In the time-honoured family tradition of the Calientes, Millicent bobs her way to a maxed movement skill (5 points).

She is also quick to work on her imagination skill as soon as she gets a free moment. She maxes that as well (7 points).

She is not as interested in the flashcards, but her parents try their best. At least Aria is gaining skills when working with them, she has now reached level 9 of the parenting skill (9 points).

Despite their valiant effort, she doesn’t manage to max all five toddler skills. So far, I have had no luck getting it done in the allotted days. Maybe it’s just not meant to happen? She was very close, she had about half a bar left in both in both communication and thinking skill. At least she became a happy toddler, and got that nice boost to future skilling,

She grew up with the same lack of chin as her mother, and is very pretty. I gave her more curly hair though, since she got it from her father’s side of the family. Millicent gained the geek trait and choose the creativity aspiration.

Time to rake in the satisfaction points, since Aria got A’s in high school, all she needs to do to gain level 3 in two jobs is to apply for them. A few quick phone calls later and she has finally rakes in enough satisfaction points to reach 1,000 (10 points). The second free day can begin.

Aria invited her family to celebrate her free day, she needs to become better friends with Anton, so that she can count him as a good friend. They spend most of the visit catting in the corner.

Millicent started working on her creative skill, and some paintings that could be hung in the museum. Aria has not been very good at adding new things there so far, but she has Millicent’s birth certificate to add at least.

Kason used his free day to pant a small garden and work on getting breakthroughs. He also went to work and got a promotion, it didn’t count towards the points but it’s nice for him to be able to feel like he is contributing.

Now that Millicent is older and more independent, Aria can focus more on her own skilling.

Kason: What are you doing Millie?

Millicent: My first homework!

Kason: What is it about?

Millicent: It’s about space and aliens. Do you know any aliens daddy?

Kason: No, but I am sure I could come up with a way to find some.

Millicent: That would be sooooo cool dad!

Millicent befriended a boy named Zack Fujita on her free day, and one day later he came over after school. I don’t think they are such great friends, because he didn’t really care to talk to her, he just made mess after mess on the drive way. 

We will have to keep an eye on him, because he is a townie, so he might be Millicent’s only option when it comes to marriage!

After working on charisma in the mirror…

…writing a couple of books on the computer (Aria brings in around 1200 simoleons a week in royalties) …

…and strumming on the guitar. Aria finally gained level 5 in five skills, and with that reached another 1,000 satisfaction points (1 point).

Meanwhile, Millicent can’t seem to shake of Zack, and he comes home with her again! This time they get into an awkward conversation because she was angry from school and he makes a mess upstairs in Aria and Kason’s bedroom! This time Aria decided to do the prudent thing, and asked him to leave after that.

Millicent needed to calm down, so she went upstairs to play with her doctors set. Aria has been encouraging her to play, so that she can reach the first milestone of her aspiration, but not all of her times playing registers. So far, only playing with the dollhouse has seemed to register at all.

Millicent also started working on her school project. She is way more interested in that, than doing her homework. Luckily Aria can get her to do it, and she managed to come home with a B from school (2 points).

As a reward she got special playtime with mum, and Aria maxed parenting (5 points).

Aria: …and then when you are older you will get married and move to a different house just like this dolly moved in with you.

Millicent: But I want to live with you mummy!

Aria: Sweetie, when you are older you will want to do it. May be with Zack…

Millicent: Yuck! Zack is so annoying, I would never want to live with him!

Aria: Millie, that’s not nice!

Millicent: Zack is not nice either, and it’s not nice to say that I will have to live with him.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge update 3.3
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2017, 10:58:33 AM »
Wow -- you are making so much progress. Millie is really cute. Zack won't be making messes when he gets older; hopefully he'll develop some good traits.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge update 3.3
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »
Wow -- you are making so much progress. Millie is really cute. Zack won't be making messes when he gets older; hopefully he'll develop some good traits.

Yes this generation is pretty straight forward, having only one child takes way less energy and gives time for other activities as well.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
3.4 A Dark Visitor
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »

Kason: If you ever want to get this project done, you have to work on it for more than 5 minutes of a time.

Millicent: But dad, I get bored!

Kason: Being bored is no fun, but if you ask me or mum for help it would be more fun!

Over the weekend Aria tried to get a gold medal for a party. We had several failed attempts where no guests showed up! Finally, she decided to jazz it up and throw a costume party. Unfortunately, the only costumes anyone showed up wearing was hot dogs.

Tamara Lilly: Hello darling! What a lovely hot dog costume you are wearing!

Aria: Thanks mom! *eye roll*

This was the last event Tamara Lilly attended before her death, and all we have to show for it are hot dog photos.

Zack came as well, he is now a teenager and focused more on dancing than making a mess this time. Maybe he will improve even more with age. Unfortunately, his colouring is not very attractive, but you can always colour your hair.

Elmer is now also a teenager, I think he is the most handsome male relative this far.

After a long weekend of failed parties, only the TV could cheer the family up. Hopefully, next week will be more productive! At least following all of her whims has gained Aria 1,000 more satisfaction points (6 points).

However, in the middle of the night a dark visitor entered the house.

He snuck into the master bedroom…

…and attacked poor Kason. Kason passed out due to blood loss (5 points).

Millicent spends a lot of her time directed to work on the art table, Aria hopes that she will be able to draw all the different types of drawings in order to complete her aspiration.

Kason got another promotion (6 points), I can only assume that an experiment went horribly wrong to make him smell that bad.

Apparently all those 5 minute snippets ad up, because Millicent has come home with an A (7 points).

After spending most of her “free” time being directed to draw, Millicent maxed out the creativity skill (9 points).

Aria was just 50 points shy of another 1,000 satisfaction points, so she headed to the spa for some the chance to trigger new whims. Relaxing in the sauna made her reach her goal (10 points).

I worked really hard on fulfilling whims this 10 pointer around, I have to say I have not been paying enough attention to this! It is a very profitable way to spend time when doing this challenge, and is an easily done by multitasking mealtimes or with some romance. Going out to meet new people would be even more effective if you decide to work on this, but I was hard at work trying to compel Millicent to draw so that was out this round.

On the free day Aria mostly worked on skilling, she now has 4 skills at level 8 or higher and need 2 more to complete her aspiration. Handiness was something she had a whim about, so that was on top of the list (100 satisfaction points for levelling up is not a bad deal).

The garden is still alive, Aria waters it sometimes and we have been having luck with the free days coming close. Kason uses it to gain his breakthroughs, and so far, it has been very effective. In the background, you see the llama sculpture we got for the silver costume party.

During the free day Millicent got all her kinds of drawings done, the rest of the time she worked on her violin skills. As soon as the free day was over, Aria asked her to play some more, and she completed the Artistic Prodigy aspiration (2 points).

Aria wrote excuse notes for both Millicent and Kason, and took them to the museum in Willow Creek for some photo’s. She maxed the photography skill (4 points) and got some nice pieces to hang in the museum.

Kason aged up, with no party this time. He did get a nice cake though, as Aria is working on maxing gourmet cooking.

Breakfast is one of the best times of day for family time, and for telling dirty jokes to your partner. Aria is turning into an adult today, but she will make it low key, just reuse Kason’s cake and work on some books. Tomorrow is Millicent’s birthday, and this time she is determined to throw a successful party!

I was so surprised when a vampire broke in - and that it wasn't Vlad! He has been stalking my family for 3 generations now. Maybe he is getting old and is not the king of the vampires anymore?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
3.5 A Golden Party
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2017, 12:01:15 PM »

Millicent aged up and gained the creative trait. She also decided to become a Computer Whiz when she gets older.

I am happy to see that she had more of a chin than her mother, hopefully we can avoid the no-chin fate in the future.

So far, the only teens we have met in game are Zack and Elmer. I know there are other kids in the world, but I think they are all homeless. I kicked a number of ghosts out of houses last free day and maybe there will be someone new moving in – if we are lucky.

At least Zack delights me with his nice choice of hats, I love when uncontrolled sims wear weird things.

Aria: Look, Zack is here.

Millicent: Don’t even think about it…

Aria: What?

Millicent: He’s not my type mum, can you please stop with the matchmaking?

With a full gaming table, we finally managed to get a gold medal for a party. Happy Birthday Millicent, we did it (5 point).

After the party, the family headed over to the museum to get some more photos taken. Now that Kason is an elder, Millicent and Aria want to make sure to have some of the good times memorialised.

Afterwards they all headed over to the flea market, and Kason entertained himself and Millicent in the karaoke rooms.

Aria was socializing and trying to make friends. The lady to the left is Zack’s mother. I don’t know why, but Aria was having no luck with her friendship building. The lady in pink lives in Newcrest I think, maybe she has some kids – we will be sure to check that out.

Sometimes the game just won’t let my sims progress beyond acquaintances. Or maybe it’s because it’s hard not to have someone unwanted butt in and make any conversation uncomfortable.

At least she was able to fulfil lots of her whims and gained a further 1,000 satisfaction points (6 points).

Millicent was a bit bored after a while and mostly walked around complaining.

Millicent: When can we go home?

Aria: After we have some food dear.

Millicent: Are you done yet?

Kason: We are just going to do another round of karaoke, then we can go home.

Millicent: I can’t wait until I get to be the sim in charge!

After moping around for a while, she saw the basketball hoops, and decided playing was more fun than complaining.

Aria: Millie, are you ready to go?

Millicent: Not now, I’m busy.

Since gaining the creative trait, Millicent has spent most of her free time painting. She’s reached level 5 and is hoping to be able to paint her father before he passes away.

Aria is one career number seven (she has never gone to work though, because she always seems to wish to quit her job before the first day comes along). But this time, she rolled a wish to get a promotion, so she is stuck trying to gain enough fitness skill to qualify.

Here she is going to her first day of honest work, which is more than her mother ever did, being pregnant all the time.

While Aria was away, Millicent got to play on the computer. She got hooked on Sims Forever of course!

She has also started taking Elmer home with her after school, it was apparently the only way to keep Zack away. She didn’t want to give her mother any more ideas about what would not be.

Rocking her new cheer leader uniform, Aria comes home from her second day of work with a promotion (7 points).

Millicent got her A the next day (8 points), she was excited because she was one step closer to having control of her own destiny!

Kason also came home with a promotion (9 points).

Kason and Aria are a cute couple, I know I haven’t shown them together a lot, but they are very lovey-dovey together.

Case in point, this is how they usually raises their fun at the end of the day. This time, Aria forgot to turn the sound of her phone, so Anton’s invitation to meet at the Von Haunt Estate for a dance party.

Aria had a little nap earlier, so she decided to head out to see if she could score a final point this evening,

She made a new friend in Prisha Chadran, a joyful soul who didn’t seem intimidated by all the ghosts hanging out at the estate (10 points).

Once she had reached 40 points Aria felt she could just relax and enjoy herself, and since her grandmother was there, Aria decided to hang out and chat.

Aria: So now all I need are the last 10 points and I will be ready to hand over to Millicent.

Nina: Good, you are making progress, and you have been adding things to the museum as well, which is great. Your space was sparse for the longest time, but you finally seem to have gotten your act together. Any idea of what kind of collection Millicent will be contribute?

Aria: She has been painting a lot lately, maybe she has inherited Diego’s gift?

Nina: Oh, that would be wonderful! Diego will be so pleased when I tell him. We love going over to our museum on date night.

Aria: Have you talked to mum since she passed away?

Nina: I have, but she and your father spends most of their days in bed making up for lost time. I’m just thankful no one has come up with a way for ghosts to have babies yet, of I would never have time for anything other than babysitting!

This sure is a quick generation! I will try for some other party points on the way to 50, maybe I can get a house party as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge update 3.4
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2017, 12:11:37 PM »
Millie's growing up fast, and she's really pretty, too.
Regarding spouses -- they don't have to be the same age as the heir, so Zack (I hope) won't be the only option. When I do this challenge again, I'll probably include a pollinator or two in each household to go out and make sure that future generations will have available Sims to marry.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: A Muy Caliente Story the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge update 3.5
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2017, 12:24:49 PM »
Millie's growing up fast, and she's really pretty, too.
Regarding spouses -- they don't have to be the same age as the heir, so Zack (I hope) won't be the only option. When I do this challenge again, I'll probably include a pollinator or two in each household to go out and make sure that future generations will have available Sims to marry.

I know, which is goo!, At this points, all the other sims in houses are either relatives, female, has children or are elders. I think I might have to do a pollinator in this generation to keep things from getting too grim on the marriage market. Another option is to marry someone, and then get a child by someone else, or adoption. But I do like to see the genetics, so I will so what can be done!

As it's going so far this generation I don't think I will need the points I get for the character traits this time around either, but I still try to work on them. It's just so hard when you can't control the sim!  I wish teens still could be taught to say sorry and their please and thank yous!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2017, 01:19:22 PM »
Finally all caught up!!
A lovely story thus far and I'm learning a lot about how the Ten-Gen Dynasty works from reading this (and MarianT's Straud Dynasty).
Out of curiosity, are you having all female heirs on purpose, or is that just coincidence?  Just wondering if it plays into your strategy for the point-scoring and all.
I'm so glad Nina keeps coming back to make sure things are going well.  She's one of my absolute favorite townies!
Can't wait to see who ends up getting the honor of becoming Mr. Millicent  ;=)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »
Congrats on overcoming chinless wonders! Glad that 50 points are on the horizon...hopefully.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2017, 03:34:17 PM »
Finally all caught up!!
A lovely story thus far and I'm learning a lot about how the Ten-Gen Dynasty works from reading this (and MarianT's Straud Dynasty).
Out of curiosity, are you having all female heirs on purpose, or is that just coincidence?  Just wondering if it plays into your strategy for the point-scoring and all.
I'm so glad Nina keeps coming back to make sure things are going well.  She's one of my absolute favorite townies!
Can't wait to see who ends up getting the honor of becoming Mr. Millicent  ;=)

Thanks!

I wanted the first heir to be a girl, but after that they have all been randoms. I think that it might make a lot of sense to have female heirs if the game does not move in YA or A female sims. If the heir is female, the next heir will be no problem on that score. It's also a personal preference since I like to dress my sims up in cc, and I have way more female cc. So, I might make Millicent's heir be female too, I haven't made up my mind yet.

I love how Nina shows up everywhere too. I don't really interact with ghosts a lot in my regular game play, but in dynastic game play it sure is nice to have the forefathers visit the current generation.

Congrats on overcoming chinless wonders! Glad that 50 points are on the horizon...hopefully.

Thanks! I am crossing my fingers that it will keep going for generations to come :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2017, 09:42:38 AM »
Interesting answer about the sex of heirs. I did wonder if you were going for all female heirs again like with the Auroras. I feel you on the lack of male CC! I try to be fair with who I make and play but I like using The Sims to play dress up. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2017, 03:37:59 AM »
Interesting answer about the sex of heirs. I did wonder if you were going for all female heirs again like with the Auroras. I feel you on the lack of male CC! I try to be fair with who I make and play but I like using The Sims to play dress up. :P

I love playing dress up so much! I don't wear a lot of fancy clothes in real life, but in the sims I and live out all my clothing fantasies...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
3.6 Not According to Plan
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2017, 05:03:40 AM »
I think we have been there. Everything is going great in game and you think to yourself – wow this is going so well I bet we will get this done in x amount of days. Well, as someone once said, your sims have a way of doing the exact opposite of what you want them to. They really showed me this time.

I must stop thinking everything will go as planned and work on contingencies more!

Now, back to the story.

On the free day, we went back to doing photography, Millicent took some lovely photos of Aria and Kason for the museum. I think we will be able to fill most of the ground floor of the museum filled up once Millicent’s generation is over.

It’s crazy how quick photography is to level up! Millicent is already on level 4, so we have to be careful to not have her tip over the edge, it would be a waste to miss out on the points for her.

I love the museum part of this challenge (maybe a bit too much?)! Doing the museum/collection was one of the most fun things when I did the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty, and I love it this time around as well. It will be nice to save the completed museum and upload it to the gallery once it’s done. I think I will use it in more casual games and have it be a fun place to visit (at least for the watcher!).

Kason works diligently on his breakthroughs. Since I have moved the chess table outside, he even does some gardening autonomously sometimes!  But, we have received a warning that his days will soon be numbered, so we are all worried he won’t be alive when Millie takes over.

Millicent has now completed 10 paintings and is on level 7, I am hoping we can use her maxing the paining skill for some of the points. She is also currently in the green for 3 character traits, so that is a nice backup plan

Aria maxed the gourmet cooking skill (2 points).

She also maxed dancing (4 points) and we were on a roll.

At this point, I decided that I really wanted a painting of Kason in the museum so I had Aria level up painting and do one of him before he passed away.

This was not the most expedient thing. I lost a lot of time and progress towards the points with this detour. But, once I get invested in my sims I tend to lose track of some things and this felt like a priority for Aria, and a choice she would make. Unfortunate for Millicent’s independence but deeply satisfying for Aria and the Watcher in that his painting can now be added to the museum.

As the Watcher and her mother was pre-occupied with their own thing, Millicent decided to rebel. She skipped school in favour for standing outside the house and chatting to a random sim that walked by.

K: The name is Khaled, DJ Khaled.

Millicent: You are a DJ? Wow, that is so cool!

Khaled: You should come listen to me play some time.

Millicent: I would love to!

To the Watchers distress, Khaled seems to loiter in Millicent’s neighborhood around 08.00 every morning, and Millicent seems to have a big crush on him, since she will wait for hours (literally hours) to have him come to the lot to chat. After two days of missed school, the fear of demotion started to surface.

As far as I know, there is no way for a parent to tell their child to go to school – surely a missed opportunity in the Parenthood game pack?

Aria, realizing she had to step up her game to get those points rolling in again, headed out to the Hare and Hedgehog to see if she could befriend some of the local citizens. She met a kind red head called Huston Lewis, and the new man in town Officer Mitchel.

Officer Mitchell was on the job, so he was not very receptive to socialisation, but he did let drop that he had a younger brother. Maybe Millicent has someone other than Zack to fall back to anyway…Things are looking up!

No good friends were made this night, but Aria managed to get Huston to friend status, so we are hopeful.

However, as soon as she got home Kason felt the life draining from his body.

Aria: I can’t believe I spent his last night away from home!

Grim: I have come for Kason!

Aria: You could have waited until morning!

Grim: You should be thankful I waited until you got back home, I am not the one out gallivanting all over town.

The following days were rough on Aria and Millicent. There was a lot of mourning going on and skilling was slow due to the perpetual bad mood Aria was in. She still needs to get one more skill to level 8 for her aspiration to complete, and it’s slow going. Millicent has also turned away from working on her painting, she spends most of her time either under her blanket crying or playing computer games. She has acted out a lot, and as a result now only has one of the character traits in the green.

Aria threw a house party to build her friendship with Huston. Zack showed up as usual which left Milliecent in a bad mood. The party felt flat and not much progress was made.

When Huston called her the next day to ask how she was doing and to see if she wanted to get out of the house, Aria jumped on the chance. They were supposed to meet up at the Rattlesnake Juice, but when she got there he hadn’t arrived yet.

Grim: Fancy meeting you here.

Aria: Come to rip someone else’s heart out?

Grim: Hey, that’s uncalled for. I need to unwind form a stressful day at work like everyone else, it’s not fun having to make people cry all day! Besides, it’s not like they are gone forever, ghosts live forever, and if you are desperate, there is always ambrosia. Meanwhile, I get abused wherever I go, it’s enough to make a guy depressed.

Aria: Sorry, I took my bad mood out on you.

Grim: Whatever, I am off.

Once Grim left, Aria started chatting to the pink haired lady at the bar, and she and Aadhya Gandhi became good friends in no time (5 points). Maybe pink haired sims are the way to go in the friendship hunt?

Huston showed up later, and also became her good friend (6 points). She is a bit more than halfway to a further 1,000 satisfaction points now, so maxing her aspiration should net her 4 points towards her last 10. She just needs to get the skilling done!

Before she could get the points together, she had to take time to make Millicent a cake. Millie aged up with the insane trait (she blames her mother) and an aspiration to become a Computer Whiz. She also gained the character trait responsible (7 points).

Early the next morning, while Millie and Kason were having a chat, a yell of triumph could be heard from upstairs. Aria had gained level 8 in charisma and completed the Renaissance Sim aspiration (9 points) as well as gaining enough satisfaction points to add a further 2,000 to her tally (11 points).

The last free day could begin, and Millicent was free to pursue her own destiny.

The first step was to head over to the museum and hang all the paintings she had completed during her teenage years. There were more than 10, but that just helped fill the walls up better. She was proud to have one masterpiece in her collection (the little pot next to the pop art painting), and she felt confident that she could always fall back on painting as an income if her career wouldn’t take off as planned.

Another things that slowed the progress down further was that Aria had gotten a job as an astronaut on a whim, and after Kason's death was unable to quit her job for several days - which gave her less time for skilling. I was finally able to have her apply for a new job and quit through that method, but it really made the last slog of this generation a pain. I had to repair game and clear all caches before I could even apply for this second job, once she had it she could quit that no problem.

This whole drama didn't really fit in the story, but I wanted to share my frustration with you guys. Sometimes the weirdest things happen!