Author Topic: Share Your Sims 3 Screenshots!!  (Read 62617 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Share Your Sims 3 Screenshots!!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2020, 08:28:25 PM »
Screenshot-44.jpg

I've now realised why I never was able to get the Sunset Valley lighthouse in any of my screenshots! I was always aiming the camera in the wrong direction.

Screenshot-45.jpg

What a wonderful day for a hot air balloon ride!

I also discovered after however many years it has been since Sims 3 came out that I can click on the various buildings from my home lot, and it will enable me to choose any of the usual activities associated with that lot, provided I can see them on my phone. So I can click on the Town Hall' and select 'join political career' or 'Varg's Tavern' and 'click on go here with ...'. I never knew that before, I guess because I never tried it.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2020, 10:18:08 PM »
Beautiful photos Deklitch! And clicking on the buildings in town to send your sims where they need to go is a great time-saver! I'm glad you discovered it. Better late than never. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2020, 10:23:00 PM »
This is what I've been working on when I'm not playing or writing my TJ and Farmacy. A build I call the Von Braun Mansion, based on the RL Gamble House, used as a basis for a home in a movie.
Can you guess which one?

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2020, 02:00:07 PM »
I recently started playing an older game that began in Twinbrook with the Bayless family.
Chase became friends with the paper boy in town, Preston Daley, so I aged him up to teen as I didn't care for Jeffrey Castor, since he's Evil.

But with it's swamps and routing issues, Twinbrook is just too laggy for me.
And I needed a guinea pig family to do some traveling/change home world stuff with so....Chase and Preston and their family moved to beautiful Sunlit Tides.
Quite the change from swampy Twinbrook, which was definitely in it's favor, along with the fact that it boasts several beaches, perfect for Preston's career as a lifeguard.
Though moving did reset his LTW saved sim count back to 0---but since I forgot to check if he actually had saved any sim lives in TB, we'll let him start from there.

The point of this post though is to show off Chase, Preston, and their three children!

Chase's first pregnancy resulted in twin sons, Daley, the eldest, who I named appropriately as he takes after his dad in looks, with his dark hair and Asian eyes.
His ears look normal too, but I can't remember if the Bayless ears show up then or until children.
Screenshot-2.jpg

His twin Pace, on the other hand, looks like his mother, Chase, so again, named well.
Screenshot-3.jpg

And then their baby sister Esse, who's a beautiful combination of both her parents.
Screenshot-19.jpg
I guess when they age up to children we might see the Bayless ears? Though I wouldn't mind if that didn't happen! :)

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »
After reading Nella's great ISBI and Do It As You Go combined challenge in the story thread, I decided to give that combo challenge a shot! Nothing formal like a story, but I thought I'd share a few screenshots. Mostly because Nella was right and crazy stuff happens with a house full of insane sims, especially when you only control the torch bearer, and some of the event rolls are doozies!

Founding Couple:

Male rolls: Name him James Bond, wears a stupid shirt, and is Inappropriate

Female rolls: Blonde hair, young adult, lucky

Well, not so bad---but the thing is everything not specified I'm using random, so here are my Founders!

James Bond-- YA human
LTW: Master of Mysticism
Traits: Inappropriate, mean-spirited, natural born performer, night owl, and sailor
Screenshot-3.jpg

Ericka Bond-- YA human (torch bearer for founding gen)
LTW: Jack of All Trades
Traits: Lucky (rolled), Insane (required for torch bearer), Unflirty, hot-headed, and good
Screenshot-2.jpg

I did add two extra sims to the founding household which is an option, but you have to roll for who they are.

roll 1) a son
Male rolls: blue/red/green/purple/orange skin, inappropriate, artistic

Here's Dean Bond --child human (so I could make him inappropriate as rolled)
Traits: Insane (required of all children of the torch bearer), inappropriate and artistic as rolled
Screenshot-4.jpg

roll 2) teenager (not related to the household)
female rolls: hat hairstyle, first outfit must have wood textures, 2 extra rolls, base her off of an animal, make her a pretty princess

This one took a little more thought, but here she is:

Aileen Marshall-- Teen human
Traits: loves to swim, vehicle enthusiast, good, and family-oriented (great the one with no family gets that trait!)
Screenshot.jpg

Her pretty princess look is her formal outfit, I wasn't sure if a crown counted as a hat, so I left the hat.
Screenshot-253.jpg

So there they are, my crazy ISBI family.

My first buy/build roll which is optional: Panic Room (complete in 9 days per rules, I've decided to go with 7 to make it easier to remember to roll)

Wasn't sure exactly what they meant by panic room, but I ended up making a tiny basement with a couple of chairs, a sleeping bag, a ghost mirror, and some cobwebs.
It must be okay because James and Dean spend a lot of time down here!
Screenshot-271.jpg

My first event roll: Cheater! (Flirt and try for baby with someone other than your spouse)
Seriously? My good and unflirty founder has to do that!?!
Okay, so first thing after moving in, I have Ericka go to a community lot to track down a male sim, whichever one she meets first, that's her target!

Did I forget to mention I'm playing in Riverview?

Oh, maybe she can hook up with Don Lothario!?!

No such luck, the first male sim she meets and has hearts with, no less, is Lucky Perkins!!!!
Screenshot-6.jpg

And to my surprise, she did manage to complete that event not long after that!
Screenshot-55.jpg

Offline Nella

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2020, 08:10:35 PM »
Love them! Aileen particularly with her hat. Change nine to seven days for the buy/build event it's a good idea, I'm going to borrow it because it's one thing less to worry about.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »
@deedee_828  I hope you post these from time to time as I love reading and seeing the photos.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2020, 01:57:26 PM »

Thanks Nella! I've not used that hat much but it seemed to suit her. The 7 days for the buy/build roll is much easier. It's hard enough keeping track of the event roll happening every three days. I'm having to keep a log and write down when I need to roll for them, since I've already forgotten a few times and rolled late. Luckily by the next day, but then it narrows the completion window down to two days!

Wow KRae! I was surprised and happy to see another comment on my ISBI photos. I have started to put together a few more photos, but, as usual, my few have turned into more than the allowed amount for the screenshots thread. So I'm considering posting it in the regular story thread, though it will be more like captioned photos than a text/dialogue heavy story.

Offline NikkeiSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2020, 06:23:24 PM »
Yes, as of 2020, I have dove head-long into CC.  Sorry...moderators, I know that CC isn't really liked around here...but well...I've had no problems with it. 

This is the "River McIrish" that I play with...  Well, in this one she's River McIrish-Chikamori. 

...and letting my "portrait photographer" (used to do landscape photography for a living) out to play

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2020, 03:28:39 PM »
Here's Anthony Salas before traveling to France. His yellow ghostly self.

And here is when he arrives, in human form, looking as he does in Stylist, which is one of the travel glitches that can happen.
Though it's easy enough to add his ghostliness back via NRaas MC.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »
I play the Alvi family again. Iqbal has been sneaking off Into the Future while his sons, VJ and Miraj, attend school.

Screenshot.jpg
The Renowned Philanthropist of the future, Iqbal Alvi.

Screenshot-2.jpg
Iqbal the Couch Potato got around to do something with his life. He also achieved his lifetime wish of Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2020, 09:39:44 AM »
@Nindigo: I'm happy to see your Alvis again. Iqbal looks so proud of himself and he deserves it (for good work and because we've been too mean to the old man)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2020, 02:36:00 AM »
@Trip: Thank you, although I was not aware that he had been targeted :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2020, 07:55:38 AM »
"Iqbal is ugly tho, it's crazy that story progression paired him with anyone!" - ancient 2012 proverb

Anyone else have fun in the future? I don't have it installed so I'm living vicariously through you and others. Nope just found your story thread carry on!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2020, 05:32:26 AM »
When I came back to playing the sims this year after finishing my Domination Dynasty I decided to try more ITF stuff, I started a game and then basically moved straight to Oasis Landing as soon as the portal turned up.

Had an absolute blast doing the plumbot LTW, they are just so much fun, I sold all of them but one I made to be the family plumbot, 8R177-4NY or Brittany, I adore her, she is such a character which to be honest I didn't expect of plumbots, even without sentience chips they are interesting.

So after reading Trips crossed out line, I thought I must have some pics of my time there, turns out I didn't take a single screenshot  ::)

I did however take an in game pic of her standing in front of my legacy statue so I took a shot of that.

brittany_statue.jpg

The main purpose of wanting a plumbot was to help around the garden but I gave her other helpful chips too, she cleans, cooks, repairs and once my family had kids also got the RoboNanny chip, she is a little overzealous with toddlers though so I have had to power her down at night else she keeps waking them.

brittany_garden.jpg

I've found her creator never really asks her to do things but her husband will sometimes treat Brittany like a servant and she does not like that, she's sentient not his personal dogsbody so she gets angry at him and gets a 'you didn't say please' moodlet ;D

Unfortunately my game got laggy so I left it, but I think I will definitely play with Plumbots again.

anything