Author Topic: City Living disables mods/CC upon start-up every time - solved!  (Read 1734 times)

Offline hkmaja

• Nooboo
I'm sorry if this topic has been covered - I have tried several searches, but seen no answers. I understand the patch auto-disables custom content, and how to reactivate it in the game options menu - however, I simply cannot get the game to register this. I have gone into the game, saved from within the live screen, and exited, all to no avail. It seems the game thinks upon each start-up that the update has just been installed, and disables all CC.

How can I get around this? It is SO frustrating. I've tried deleting the options.ini, but that didn't work either.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: City Living disables mods upon start-up every time.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:23:22 PM »
Have you tried repairing the game yet?  In the origin screen (not the sims menu) right click on the game icon and choose repair.

Other tips can be found in this thread: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg401672.html#msg401672

Hope you find something that helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:18:41 PM »
This definitely shouldn't be happening. Like HelenP mentioned Repair Game may help.

If you haven't already, try removing your Mods folder to see if it's something in the mods/cc folder that is causing this. If game works fine after taking out the mods folder. It maybe that one or more mod is outdated and needs to be updated.

Link below will help with searching for outdated mods/cc.

Problems with CC or Mods? How to Fix!
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline hkmaja

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 06:13:08 AM »
Thank you both! I did repair the game and the problem persists. However, removing the mods folder does make the game capable of remembering the setting, and readding even a small amount of it makes the problem reappear... I hope this just means the problem is with one of the items in the first batch! Will resume testing later today.

Again many thanks!

Offline hkmaja

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 07:32:52 AM »
Sadly, no success. I deleted Sims 4 and Origin cache files, and removed my entire mods folder, letting the game create a new one. Works fine. To be safe, I download a very recently uploaded romper from TSR and put that into my Mods folder as the only file - the game immediately disables all mods upon launch. Enabling and saving doesn't get me out of this loop :c

Is a full re-install my best bet at this stage?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:52:42 PM »
Maybe try a factory reset first to see if that helps? Then if need be a reinstall of the game.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401669.html#msg401669
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline hkmaja

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 04:31:51 PM »
I did a full re-install and the problem is gone! Ironically not a single one of my mods or CC is causing any problems... I guess the game just got messed up.

Thank you for the support! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.