Author Topic: Trouble connecting to www.carls-sims-4-guide.com except via VPN  (Read 1481 times)

Offline WildLemur

• Nooboo
Hi there. I hope this is an appropriate question to ask here.  I'm not sure exactly when this began because I don't visit the site regularly, but I currently can't connect to it from my home IP address.  Interestingly, if I connect to a VPN service like Private Internet Access, it works fine.  This is the only site where it seems to be a problem, so I'm pretty sure it's not something on my end.  The symptom suggests something like the webserver restricting access to my IP address (or a block of addresses that includes mine).  I'm connected through the VPN now in order to post this.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Trouble connecting to www.carls-sims-4-guide.com except via VPN
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »
I have contacted Carl about this to look into the issue. Thank you for letting us know.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Trouble connecting to www.carls-sims-4-guide.com except via VPN
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:11:20 PM »
@WildLemur could you send me a PM with your home IP address, so that I can look it up in server logs and see what's going on? We definitely didn't choose to block ya, yet I can't see anything in logs that indicates recently used IPs were caught by security.