Author Topic: Don't Put All Your Collectibles in One Basket  (Read 18478 times)

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
Re: Don't Put All Your Collectibles in One Basket
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »
So am I interpreting the scoring correctly in that each household can collect and sell items from any collection in order to increase their household funds, but when determining the multiplier, I can only count up to 9 complete collections per household. So if each household completed the maximum number of collections the multiplier would be 1 + (.9 x 3) = 3.7?

Each household is only allowed to collect 9 of the total different types of collectibles in the game. So, the income needed for each household would have to be based off of sales from whatever 9 types of collectibles you choose.

This is different to what Ratchie said to Reggikko up above?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 01:01:12 PM »
So am I interpreting the scoring correctly in that each household can collect and sell items from any collection in order to increase their household funds, but when determining the multiplier, I can only count up to 9 complete collections per household. So if each household completed the maximum number of collections the multiplier would be 1 + (.9 x 3) = 3.7?

Each household is only allowed to collect 9 of the total different types of collectibles in the game. So, the income needed for each household would have to be based off of sales from whatever 9 types of collectibles you choose.

This is different to what Ratchie said to Reggikko up above?

Then, she'll have to come in and have the final say since she wrote this rule set....I was interpreting from...

Goal
Actually, you have 3 baskets, one for each household. This is another rotational challenge, but your score is based on all 3 of your households. Each of your one-Sim households will be able to collect 9 different types of collectibles. Yes, there may be overlap among your households' collections.

It's the sentence that I bolded that might be confusing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
@ratchie -- please clarify the above post. Thanks.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 03:13:19 PM »
Each household can collect whatever they want at the end of the challenge choose 9 unique complete collections per household and sell anything you don't need.
When replying to Reggikio I should have said 9 complete collections per household not just 9 complete collections.

Hope this makes sense.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 03:20:15 PM »
Here's the problem...for me at least...

Each household can collect whatever they want.

Then, from the intro Goal...

Each of your one-Sim households will be able to collect 9 different types of collectibles.

So, that kind of makes it sound like each household can only collect 9 different types. Maybe reword the intro?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 03:33:55 PM »
Play each household for 3 days and switch at midnight.

For the first sim, do we switch at the third midnight (Tuesday) or do we play 3 full days and then switch at the next midnight (Wednesday)?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »
Hey, Rachel - if you want to keep this rotational ...i.e. every 3 days you change, that's fine. But, I'm wondering - do we need to? I mean would it make things easier on everyone as far as simplicity if you just played household A until the aged up to Elder, then boom - that's when you switch to household B, and so on. I do not care either way, I'm just thinking of would it make things easier.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
If it makes life easier then players can play the three households concurrently.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
If it makes life easier then players can play the three households concurrently.

Rachel
Concurrently?  Or consecutively?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »

Rachel
Concurrently?  Or consecutively?

Play one until that one is done. Then play another.

Okay - let me reword a few things in the words, ratchie.

--------

Okay, done. Check out the rules again.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 06:29:29 PM »
The only thing is that when you create all three sims at once and then separate them, the game will still consider all of them as playable, because they have been "played." Your rules only indicate to turn off aging for unplayable, which will not stop two of your three sims from aging.  You also need to have Age only active household turned on.  I mentioned this yesterday, but my post was missed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »
The only thing is that when you create all three sims at once and then separate them, the game will still consider all of them as playable, because they have been "played." Your rules only indicate to turn off aging for unplayable, which will not stop two of your three sims from aging.  You also need to have Age only active household turned on.  I mentioned this yesterday, but my post was missed.

It might be easier to understand the Gameplay settings with an image.
This is what @simfulicious means by selecting "Age only active household."  (Correct me if I'm wrong, simfulicious)

I'm sorry to see that the rules have changed to playing one sim at a time until their elder birthday.
3 days at a time would have been really hectic, I think, but a week at a time would be very manageable.
You wouldn't consider offering weekly rotations as an option, would you? (I'm fine with a negative reply. It just never hurts to ask...)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 06:55:14 PM »
Exactly what I mean, Oshizu.  Thank you.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
Just to clarify we can only sell collectibles from the 9 collections we are scoring for that household?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 08:08:06 AM »
Changes:

Play each household for 3 days at a time, switching between midnight and 2 a.m. Your 2nd household will start at midnight Wednesday, and your 3rd at midnight Saturday.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.