Author Topic: Question about deleting game packs  (Read 9163 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Question about deleting game packs
« on: April 27, 2017, 01:19:00 AM »
So, I really hate the vampire pack. It's just too intrusive. I tried deleting the premade vampires but the game seems intent on creating more. I don't like that talking about vampires figures so prominently in the dialog tree. Anyway, will it harm my current game if I uninstall the pack? Can I keep Origin from auto-installing? I'm not concerned about cosmetic stuff, but I'd hate to break my game.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Question about deleting game packs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 01:38:55 PM »
It's best to turn off Game Updates in Origin, before trying to disable any packs. Or else Origin will try to download the pack(s) you are trying to disable.

To Turn Off Origin and Game From Updating

1. Open Origin and click Origin in the menu in the upper left.
2. Select Application Settings.
3. Look for the Client Update section - Where it asks Automatically update Origin and/or the game, click Off.

When the option is off, it will be grey.

This will prevent Origin from automatically updating the Origin client and/or the game. it will prompt you to update when there is an update.

When it prompts you to update, you will need to log in with username and password and have the choice to update or play offline. Choose offline if you don't want to update Origin.

When in offline mode, you will not have access to the community gallery or other online features.

You can disable Vampires if you so choose, see link below for more details:

Disable Single Packs
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
Thank you, MrsFlynn. It seems too risky to disable the pack for my current save, but I will bookmark the page for future reference. Maybe Maxis will adjust the vampire spawning in a patch at some point.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 07:05:46 PM »
It most likely not be a good idea to do for your current game save.

From what I understand, at this time they don't have any plans to have a turn off button or adjust the spawning of vampires. But maybe if more players speak up about it, they'll change their minds about that.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:00 PM »

From what I understand, at this time they don't have any plans to have a turn off button or adjust the spawning of vampires. But maybe if more players speak up about it, they'll change their minds about that.
Vampires, in my opinion is the best thing they done for sim 4 I love them. I get they are not everyone's cup of tea, but reducing their spawn rate would diminish my enjoyment of the game. But a dial would be nice not wanting them to dominate their game would be nice for those like reggikko. Maybe they will in the future like they did for Sims 3.

I am glad they did make a way to remove them for those not into them but bought them anyway. I didn't know it was possible. Thanks, MrsFlynn, I learned something. Reggikko, I hope being able to restart, minus vamps, in the future helps. I am sorry there wasn't a way to remove them from the current game. Some aspects from City Living really bother me like those annoying phone call inviting my sims to fake events. Grrr. So I know what it is like to find certain aspects of the game annoying.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 05:32:16 AM »
It's interesting how we are affected differently.

I rarely notice the spawned vampires. Practically only when they wander at night og use teleportation at festivals. My lots always has the "private dwelling" trait for other reasons, so vampires don't visit my Sims ever (maybe Vlad will at the beginning, but it's just once). I tend to ignore the vampire related topics in a dialogue. There's a bunch of other topics in there already that I never use anyway, so I just click past it all.

Having a vampire or more in the household is a bonus in my opinion as their needs are easier to deal with. I just buy them a load of plasma packs that they carry in their inventory - it doesn't spoil, so they are good for a long time.

I'm kinda of the opinion that something is only a problem if you make it one ;)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »
The only issue I have with vamp spawns is, well, my vamps can't feed off of them, lol. I hate competition for my lunch. (Actually I don't think I seen an NPC feed off of another sim other when one of my sims asked to be turned, and Vlads first and only visit.) But if one was trying to play a non-supernatural game, I could see the issue. To each their own as different life states is one of the attractions of the game to me but some people just want regular boring sims. That doesn't mean they are making a problem just the aspects they enjoy are different then mine and yours.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
I think it was ratchie who suggested using the Private Lot trait to help with the vampire stalking. Well, that does the trick! I turn the trait on at night and off in the morning so that my Sims' friends and extended families will still visit. It works like a charm!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »

I seriously hope the devs never adjust the rate vampire spawn! I have paid for the game pack that centers around vampires and I do not want any of these features to be nerfed. Ever.

A toggle that is at the players discretion would be acceptable but nerfing paid-for-features..... no way. There has already been way too much of that occurring.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 02:36:06 AM »

I seriously hope the devs never adjust the rate vampire spawn! I have paid for the game pack that centers around vampires and I do not want any of these features to be nerfed. Ever.

A toggle that is at the players discretion would be acceptable but nerfing paid-for-features..... no way. There has already been way too much of that occurring.

I totally understand that position. I was very frustrated when I made this post because I had two townie vampires hanging around my lot. When I went into CAS from the Manage Worlds screen I saw that the game had spawned 6 vampires, all in ridiculous outfits. Besides that, other Sims who are not vampires are wearing random clothing--career outfits or vamp-type clothes--instead of their formal wear when they walk by at night (possibly related to the dark form outfit change?). I was in CAS more than I was playing and was on the verge of a rage quit! :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »
I hear you on the ridiculous spawning of townies. The amount of overweight elders that spawn in my game is so frustrating. I do wish we had more control over that side of the game. It takes so long to edit all my townies that I now have just completely given up and ignore them to the point of directing my own sims to use the mean interaction 'go away'. My vamps all put them to sleep or memorize them, basically anything to immobilize them. Even if they spawned in with better clothing variation and body shape variation at least that would be a step in the right direction.  :-\

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 07:18:53 PM »
@reggikko TwistedMexi has released a mod that allows you to toggle vampires off. I think currently it is in pre-release for his Patreon Supporters only but he may have plans to release it for free to everyone so even if you do not want to pay for content it may be worth following his twitter or patreon for information anyway.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 11:20:18 PM »
Oh, thank you! I'll look into it. I actually don't mind paying a little if it's a one-time thing.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Vampire Toggle On/Off Mod from TwistedMexi
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 10:30:34 PM »
With this mod, you can turn vampires on or off!!

Vampire Toggle
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595415

tm.togglevampires on

tm.togglevampires off

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 02:19:35 AM »
That's the Vampire Toggle from Twisted Mexi that I was talking about on my post above! Great to see he has released it free to use for everyone.  :)

anything