Author Topic: Three Times a Lady: A Rival Dynasties Challenge Story  (Read 9945 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Three Times a Lady: A Rival Dynasties Challenge Story
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 07:07:30 PM »
Prologue

One pair of sensible, mid-height heels bounced anxiously beneath one practical pencil skirt of reasonable length, itself situated beneath the worn wood of a small table in the Universal Exports company cafeteria. Above the table, Loelia Ponsonby’s delicate fingers gently caressed her mug of darjeeling, her large brown eyes lost in the steam, and one eyebrow arched reproachfully at the string of the teabag trailing down its side.

“It’s like putting your tea in the dustbin.” declared Eve Moneypenny as she heavily claimed the chair opposite Loelia’s, swiftly tucking her own sensible heels and practical pencil skirt beneath the table, pinning her briefcase securely between her leg and the wall.

“That’s what I always say!” moaned Loelia. “Tea from a bag is revolting. The leaves need to be free to bloom and swim about in the hot water. It’s a crime against tea, really. What would it cost them to just brew up a whole pot properly?”

“Still,” Eve arched her own eyebrow, “if it really is the Champagne of Teas, as you are always claiming-“

“It is!” insisted Loelia.

“Then why would you order it in a place like this, hmm? You wouldn’t drink champagne lukewarm from a pint glass at the corner pub, yet you expect the company cafeteria to supply you with the highest quality beverage imaginable.” She took a sip of her own Earl Grey and grimaced. “God, that’s awful.”

“He’s limping,” Loelia murmured after a brief pause.

Eve’s eyes narrowed sharply. “Yes, the dossier mentioned something about a gunshot wound. Still, it’s not like him to let it show.”

“I know!” exclaimed Loelia. “It must be really bad.”

“How is he otherwise?”

“Wistful,” sighed Loelia.

“Woman?” asked Eve. “Nevermind. Of course it is. Did you catch a name?”

“No. To be honest, I’ve stopped trying. There’s too many to keep track of, and he’ll have forgotten her in a week or two. He always does.”

Eve leaned forward. “Yes, but you’ve got two girlfriends who are starving for details, darling, and as his personal secretary you’ve got the best access. We’re depending on you.”

“That’s right, where is Mary? She ought to be here by now. She’s the one who called the meeting, after all.”

“Oh, she’s always late.” Eve relaxed against the back of her chair, “Probably got herself stuffed into the boot of a car, again.”

“You don’t really think so?” Loelia’s eyes widened.

“Wouldn’t surprise me a bit,” smirked Eve.

Loelia allowed herself a guilty giggle. “She is a bit accident-prone, isn’t she?”

Both women took sips from their disappointing mugs of tea, and were sharply interrupted by the thud of a document hitting the table between them.

“Sign!” commanded Mary Goodnight, gigantic blue eyes ablaze. She tossed one pen each at Eve and Loelia, and sat triumphantly on the one remaining chair at the table, swinging one sensible heel high to cross her stockinged legs at a rakish angle. She likewise crossed her arms firmly atop her ample bosom and allowed an anticipatory smile to settle across her face.

Eve glanced at the document briefly, then returned to her tea. “This,” she declared, “is a letter of resignation.”

“Really?” Loelia snatched it from the table and skimmed it intently. “Mary, you can’t be serious.”

“I am,” insisted Mary. “I’m getting out of this place, and I’m taking you both with me.”

Eve yawned. “So you’ve finally lost your mind for good, eh? That must be a relief. Now you can stop looking for it.”

“Where is Newcrest?” Loelia looked up from the letter.

“Nowhere,” grinned Mary. “It’s a completely empty little suburb, waiting to be claimed and molded. It’s the perfect place for a fresh start. Nobody will know us there, because there isn’t anybody there at all. We can make it whatever we want.”

“But we can’t all leave the *ahem* company at the same time,” Loelia protested. “Things would be in an uproar!”

Eve rolled her eyes, “Oh, yes! Three secretaries simultaneously give their notice and the entire British Secret Service crumbles. How will 007 continue to defend the crown if his mail isn’t sorted properly?”

“Or his private liquor cabinet stocked?” interjected Mary.

“Well, I am the only one who can make his tea the way he likes it,” sulked Loelia.

“No, the ‘company’ would survive just fine without us three,” said Eve, “But the reason we’re not doing this is that I love my job and I’m not going anywhere, and I’m especially not going ‘nowhere.’”

“Do you? Do you love this job, Eve?” Mary leaned closer and fixed the enormous blue discs of her eyes directly on her friend’s. “Or are you like the rest of us? Just biding your time, waiting for him to return from one mission after another? Combing documents for mentions of him, searching his face for new lines of care, his eyes for the reflection of new loves, his coat for new bullet-holes?”

Eve’s eyes dropped once again to her tea mug. Mary grabbed her hand, then Loelia’s.

“It’s time. It’s time to stop being supporting players in somebody else’s life story. It’s time to take the lead, and this is our chance. Come with me. Build a city with me. Just sign the letter and let’s go.”

The tension hung thick in the air as Eve audibly drained the last dregs from her mug. Loelia’s eyes darted around the room before finally settling on the pen sitting in front of her. Mary did not release their hands.

“Let’s go.” she repeated as she finally surrendered them, and folded her own hands in her lap.

Shaking, Loelia reached for the pen in front of her. “I . . . I just don’t know if I can . . .”

“Oh, what the heck?” grumbled Eve, as she snatched the letter from Loelia and hastily scrawled her signature at the bottom.  “You pleased?” she snarled at Mary as she tossed the document back across the table.

“Very,” Mary smiled and looked gently over at Loelia. “Now you, dear.”

“Well, if Eve’s on board then I suppose . . .” Loelia picked up the pen and neatly inked her own name beneath her colleague’s. “Though I don’t know who’ll make his scrambled eggs when he’s laid up at home.”

“Open a restaurant,” grinned Mary as she gleefully added her own graceful, loopy signature to the letter she’d written, “You can make eggs for all of Newcrest.”

“He always did say my eggs were the best he’d ever tasted,” said Loelia, “and he’s very discerning, so you know that means something. I bet if I opened a breakfast place I’d do quite well.”

“And there wouldn’t be a single teabag in sight!” smirked Eve.

“Certainly not!” grinned Mary, “It’s like putting your tea in the dustbin!”

“That’s what I always say!” cried Loelia.

“We know, dear,” said Eve, rising from the table and putting on her coat. “We know. Shall we?”

“Indeed,” Mary bounced up from her chair, sweeping the letter into her bag. “We have work to do. Got a number of things to finish up so I can head home to pack.”

“To pack,” Loelia smiled thoughtfully, and looped her handbag over her arm. “I can’t remember the last time I packed a suitcase for myself.”

“Don’t forget your toothbrush,” said Eve, “Now let’s be off!”

Three pairs of sensible, mid-height heels clicked out of the cafeteria, with perhaps a bit more bounce than when they’d entered. Three appropriate, practical pencil skirts parted ways at the elevator, returning to their desks to empty them out in anticipation of a new life. A few hours later, a person known only as M smashed an exasperated fist onto the surface of his desk upon reading a certain letter signed by three secretaries who, truthfully, could never really be replaced.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
Stats - Ponsonby Household: Restaurant Option

Founder:  Loelia Ponsonby
Traits: Romantic, Neat, Perfectionist
Career:  Business - Management
Restaurant: The Gnome & Knickerbocker
     Value:  $80,641
     Days at 5 Stars:  3
Spouse: Raj Rasoya
Children:  Honey Ponsonby, Domino Ponsonby

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »
Stats - Goodnight Household:  Vampire Option

Founder:  Mary Goodnight
Traits:
Career:  Scientist
Aspiration:  Vampire Family
2 Tier 5 Vampire Powers:  Tamed Thirst, Beyond the Herd
Vampire Garden:  Complete - Cowplant, Plasma Fruit Tree, Wolfsbane, Sixam Mosquito Trap, Dragonfruit, Deathflower
Spouse:  Lilith Vatore
Children:  Tatiana Goodnight

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 07:11:03 PM »
Stats - Moneypenny Household:  Alien Option

Founder:  Eve Moneypenny
Traits:
Career:  Astronaut - Space Ranger
Fully Upgraded Wormhole Generator or Rocketship:  Rocketship, complete
Rewards Acquired:  Steel Bladder, Never Weary, Antiseptic
Spouse: Corey Somethingorother
Children:  Felix Moneypenny

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »
I always guessed Miss Moneypenny was an alien! What an intriguing prologue. Definitely looking forward to more (and they're all pretty, too).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 11:11:03 PM »
Yay!  What a great start!  It has a different feel to it, a little bit of mystery and suspense.  I am excited to meet their spouses and to learn more about your leading ladies.

Good luck.  I hope they get to eat pizza.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 02:23:44 AM »
Reading and following. What an awesome prologue - it had me smile and really get into the spirit of their situation. I love all the details!
~ A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear ~
Origin ID: Nindigo79

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 07:20:21 AM »
A girl in every port, and gadgets up my sleeve,
the world is not enough for the both of us it seems :)

I'm really excited!  I love the idea of all these pining secretaries removing themselves from the situation!  Rebellion!

I liked your new writing style a lot.  I think I'm going to be rooting for Eve.  Loelia is pretty endearing though.  Her dedication to properly made food and tea!
Kind of have to admire Mary's take charge attitude as well.  Oh heck I don't know if I can even choose a favorite now.  I'm even excited to see the line of restaurants after watching Morris succeed with his.

Good luck!

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
Love your different founders and how they're leaving behind "that secret agent" at last.
Can't wait to see who they romance and how their households turn out.

So your three dynasties are retail (restauranteur), vampire, and alien!
I'm starting out waving a Team Moneypenny banner, because the Alien option seems the hardest.  ;D

Best wishes on your new challenge! I'm looking forward to watching those stat posts fill up, too!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 11:40:38 PM »
Good stuff!  Glad I caught this one early on unlike the Spiffendales.
I don't have any favorites so far...other than Mary  ;=)  It's the eyes, I think.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 08:08:52 AM »
Oh I am so following this!!! Even if I don't get online as often as I used to (blasted Tapatalk).

I have no idea why, but, Mary reminds me of someone... I want to say Rose Tyler, but, it's not quite her. I know she's based off of Britt Eckland (who is freaking gorgeous herself), but, it's someone else and it is going to bug the bejeebers out of me until I figure it out lol

(for now) Team Mary

ETA: Olivia Wilde, but in this specific image:
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Heart Foam

• Occult
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 04:14:23 AM »
And I watched the one with Miss Goodnight only recently! She was useless. Team Moneypenny.
Various Forum Adventures:

Vlad's Nose story
Sims Eugenics II - the big chateau one
Vacuous Green house (I totes like this one)
Island Living Beachfront Mansion

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 08:11:07 PM »
*emerges from under a pile of orc limbs*

Oh, man, you guys . . . . what year is it?

So. You've heard of World of Warcraft, yeah? That's where I was. For, like, six months. Give or take. I had to cut myself off cold turkey because it was taking over my life. My subscription ran out yesterday. I'm coping nicely, thank you for asking, and I think I'm going to be okay. And now I want to write stories again! I've had the first three chapters of this one virtually ready to go since last spring, but well . . . you know how it goes. Blood elves and whatnot.

Also, there was the issue of photo hosting. Having been burned badly by one free site I was reluctant to trust another one, so I've started a blog to host the pictures going forward, and if you happen to have a strong desire to read exactly the same thing I'm going to post here, just in a slightly different format, I highly encourage you to visit Spiffentales.com (GET IT?). I know very little about blogging and formats and such, but I'm hoping little by little to make it a fun place to be.

Okay! To recap, when we left off the standings were as follows:

Team Ponsonby:  Nobody :(

Team Goodnight:  @Magpie2012 , @PeregrineTook (tentatively)

Team Moneypenny: @Heart Foam , @oshizu , @wfgodot

Undecided:  @hazelnut , @Nindigo , @Caterina , @MarianT

Let's rock and roll, shall we?

Ponsonby, Week 1

Dear Ladies,

Well, it’s happened. I’ve arrived and set up house and I couldn’t be more overjoyed if  . . . well, I just couldn’t.

I’ve settled on a lovely large lot in Newcrest in a home pre-made by the renowned architect @Playalot . It’s called the Red N Black Starter and it’s darling. Clean, modern, and ripe for expansion, which was necessary almost immediately because . . . well, I’m getting ahead of myself. But so much has happened already this week that I can hardly grasp it myself.

Recognizing the necessity of getting things underway in the spouse and children department I wasted no time in knocking on the door of my ideal mate. Of course I immediately recognized who was the the head of that particular household and set straight out to plead my case to the person in charge.

Geeta, or Mother Geeta, as I now call her, saw the wisdom in my plan at once. In fact, I believe I had her at the word, “grandchildren.” I was initially concerned she’d be resistant to the idea of surrendering her rent-controlled, nicely appointed apartment in the Spice District of San Myshuno, but it seems her desire to see her dear son nicely settled and her legacy carried on superseded any other goals, and we soon arrived back in Newcrest, my household having tripled in size in just a few hours!

The next order of business was to secure the financial end of things. I’ve decided to open a breakfast restaurant, as Mary suggested, and as bricks and mortar don’t grow on trees I’ve enlisted a woman to help grow something just as valuable. Our gardener’s name is Jessica and she’s a dear. We should have a bumper crop of dragon fruit ready to harvest in no time at all.

Which brings me to the next great conquest of the week:  the husband. Though he may not possess the suave, debonair aplomb of a certain mutual acquaintance of ours, truly Raj is an ideal husband. Though initially prickly toward any romantic overtures (and perhaps just a touch annoyed that I set about wooing his mother before I did him), once in the right mood my darling proved to be a rather soft touch, bless him. He’s an absolute teddy bear and we’re sickeningly happy together.

It took only a few quick dates to convince him that we were soul mates. I’m just as convinced as he is, to tell the truth. He’s a marvelous cook, a tender, affectionate soul, and a fantastic father. Oops! Getting ahead of myself again.

I hope you won’t think less of me when I tell you we did things a bit out of order, but I know you understand the time pressure we’re all under. Conception occurred on the first try, and Mummy, Daddy, and especially Grandmama were all overjoyed.

A few hours (and dates) later I took it upon myself to make us an honest couple, and Raj readily agreed.

We completed the ceremony immediately, under the ever-watchful eye of Mother Geeta.

I confess the joy and excitement of the week caught up with me a bit later that evening on yet another date. I suffered a rather alarming bout of hysteria and was forced to give myself a stern talking-to in the bathroom mirror of the Narwhal Arms.

I’m pleased to say I regained my composure quickly and that Raj and I completed Soul Mate soon thereafter, granting me enough satisfaction points to buy Connections and finally get my career underway! Romance and keeping house are lovely, but you both know me; I’m most at home in an office and get fidgety when I’ve nothing to file and no paycheck on the way. I’ve entered the business career and am making great strides. I ended the week at level 5, Regional Manager.

We made the unfortunate discovery later that evening that not everyone in the household was looking forward to our new arrival. It seems our live-in gardener has a bit of a temper. And just after we’d redecorated, too! Oh, well. Nothing a locked door can’t fix.

The other details of the week taken care of, we invested the remaining proceeds from the sale of Raj and Mother Geeta’s apartment into our own little corner of Magnolia Promenade. I present to you:  The Gnome and Knickerbocker. It’s everything I’ve ever hoped for, and I do hope you’ll both visit at your earliest convenience. I can promise you the finest cup of tea you’ve ever tasted! The samosas aren’t bad, either. Though darling Raj can’t serve as chef himself, he’s a a real whiz at creating a menu and I think he’s really in his element as a restauranteur.

(Yes, that’s me asleep on the bench. I’m sure once your first weeks are over I won’t have to offer you any explanation whatsoever for that.)

From there the week was just a bit of the day-in, day-out skill leveling and gardening until the arrival of our precious Honey. I’ve named her after an old acquaintance of our mutual friend, and I think it suits her perfectly.

While I’m at work Raj and Mother Geeta see to things at the G&K, and it’s going swimmingly. We’ve already got a marvelous crop of regulars. I admit I don’t feel perfectly easy about leaving Honey home with the hot-tempered gardener, but she’s such a well-behaved baby that I’m sure she could win over even the prickliest of caregivers.

Grandmother Geeta is, of course, over the moon about the new arrival, and spends every minute possible with her. I’m gratified to have kept my promise to her regarding grandchildren so early on.

Life is not all sunshine and roses, however. We were quite put out the other day to find that our restaurant’s head chef is a vampire. Though I’ve not had any negative interactions with vampires personally, I can’t say whether or not her tendency to arrive at work in bat form will be good for business. I’ll certainly have to check the health code regarding winged rodents in a commercial kitchen.

Additionally, after the first heady flush of happiness, Mother Geeta seems to be displaying a melancholy streak. She quickly agreed to give up her job in favor of becoming the family painter, and has made great progress in improving her skill. However, she never quite seems content, and has developed a rather annoying habit of sighing loudly and gazing at the ceiling several times an hour. I expect I shall have my hands full keeping this particular member of the family satisfied. I mentioned my concern to darling Raj and he just laughed and laughed.

Still, the good moments by far outweigh the bad. I get off work and head directly to the restaurant where I’m able to help out for a few hours before heading home to snuggle my lovely baby. Raj tends bar and makes me whatever snacks my heart desires when we’re in between helping customers.

All too soon the moment came for my little angel to age up into a little monster. She’s absolutely precious, I’m sure you’ll agree.

I wanted to let you know, Eve, what a marvelous time we had out with you at the pub on Alien Night! I hope I didn’t come on too strong, talking you up to that stunning blue-skinned fellow, but he seems like quite a catch! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for the two of you!

Well, I’d best close this missive here. I can’t wait to hear how the two of you fared on your respective first weeks! If you’re even half as happy as I am I’ll already consider this mad adventure a great, rousing success.

Affectionately,

Loelia

Offline MarianT

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 08:49:19 PM »
Okay, I'm charmed. Put me down for Team Ponsonby. Anyone who's willing to move in her mother-in-law is okay in my book. Also, I love it that your restaurant has a vampire chef. I sent a couple to one with a vampire host once, and it was hilarious.
So glad you've returned to the bosom of us hard-core gamers!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 04:52:49 AM »
Welcome back to Sims-world (not the real world...that's too far away!), @FrancescaFiori . I used to play WoW intensely like you have. Over the past year or so, I have lost my passion for it, though. I stand with @oshizu and Team Moneypenny 8)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 08:58:24 PM »
Oh man, you make it really hard to not be on Team Ponsonby.  She's so charming, and I really love Raj.  He's actually really good looking!  I love the picture of them taking a selfie.  I'm very excited to see how Honey eventually turns out - I haven't played with Raj's genes much yet.  It amuses me, his jawline reminds me of what you had going with Bob Pancakes and the Spiffendales.

I've enjoyed Geeta's role in this.  The restaurant is cool - especially the bat chef.  Though you make a valid point about rodents in the kitchen, yikes.  And yes, that blue alien is rather striking.

So, I hope Eve's chapters turn out as nice!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 12:56:46 PM »
@MarianT Thanks! I so happy to have someone on Team Ponsonby! Woot woot! It's so great to be back reading and writing sim stories. I'd really missed it!

@Nindigo Glad you get where I'm coming from with WoW. It really was everything for awhile there, but it just wasn't sustainable. Team Moneypenny with have to wait a little longer for her update, but I hope you like today's. :)

@wfgodot I think Raj is super-handsome, too! And Loelia's got a pretty good chin on her as well, so maybe the Ponsonby line can avoid the disappearing chin disease that seems to afflict so many multi-generational sim families. The Pancakes chin made it at least to Gen 5, so we'll see!

Goodnight, Gen 1, Week 1

Darlings!

I hesitate to even begin this letter because you won’t believe a word of it! Not one word! I’ll start out slow: I bought a house.

The design is by @Shewolf13 and it’s quite intriguing and deliciously dramatic, but after a few seconds of staring at that patchy grass and empty space I grew overwhelmed and went looking for help. And, oh my word, did I find it!

Caleb and Lilith Vatore are a brother and sister duo and a pair of dreamier dreamboats never existed, I can tell you that right now. Fit doesn’t even come close.

We hit it off instantly. All of us. One more than the other, I have to say, but we’ll get there. Juicy bits incoming, I promise!

And then I took the plunge. I asked to be turned, and my new chums were only too happy to oblige. That’s right! I’ve joined the ranks of the undead. But the sexy sort, not the zombie sort! Make no mistake!

The change took a few days, but we made good use of it. Both gorgeous Vatores accompanied me back to my new abode, bringing all of their marvelous, gothic furniture with them. Decorating has been a treat and a half!

Caleb and Lilith are remarkably close, and rather unusually affectionate with one another. I know my brothers and sisters and I never hugged half so much, but I suppose spending eternal life together will do that to you. I guess I’ll find out!

At any rate, that all happened Sunday, and then I had a whole week to settle in while you were getting things going at your place, Mary, and when next Sunday rolled around, POOF! The big change occurred.

It was uncomfortable, to put it mildly, and I’ve still got some lingering growing pains, but it’s so worth it. I really feel I’ve broken free of the the past and I’m an entirely new person. It’s intoxicating!

Emboldened by my new form, I took the leap and acted on the lusty feelings I’d had simmering all week. I mean, just look at her! How could anyone resist? You’ll perhaps be a bit shocked by my choice of mate. Caleb certainly was. He went off to sulk in the new basement, muttering something about losing his mojo. Surprise or no, Lilith is my eternal love, and we’re both ecstatic.

Lilith was in for her own shock a short while later when I told her the next generation was on the way! Doing things out of order? Mary, really! This is a race, you know! Who has time to stand on ceremony? Or hold actual ceremonies? Please!

Caleb, being the only daywalker among us, set out to bring home some nice, warm sustenance and search for his lost mojo. Do you like his makeover? The beard was my idea. He pouted, but said, “Why not? It’s not as if anybody around her is appreciating my adorable chin dimple! Might as well cover it up!” Pouty little prettyboy. I think it suits him.

At any rate, he struck out with Eva in the romantic department, but did manage to get her inside so I could have a nice snack. I’m drinking for two, you know!

It’s not all mesmerization and romance around here, though. We’ve got our share of grunt work to do, too. Caleb’s working on the garden, I’m having breakthrough after breakthrough for my new scientist career, and my darling Lilith has taken up painting. Well, I suppose it’s fair to say Caleb is meant to be working on the garden. In truth he seems to have an awful lot of time on his hands, enough to spend it sighing and posing tragically on the couch next to me while I’m trying to read up on vampire lore, murmuring things like, “tragic misstep,” and “completely wasted in a basement.”  Tiresome doesn’t begin to describe it. Lilith finds it hilarious. I think I’ll have him take up the violin.

It was such a joy to run into you in the park, Mary dear! You seemed so sad, though. I do hope things are all right at home. I’ll be very anxious until I receive your next letter. Everything seemed so perfect in your adorable new life! I can’t imagine what could have gone wrong!

I’m sure I gave you a proper shock taking a bite out of Johnny Zest the way I did right out in the open. I do apologize, but don’t worry! He’s fine! In fact, he’s one of my progeny! I’m in the process of creating an entire vampire family for myself and it’s great fun!

I caught sight of that blue-skinned alien fellow myself this week, Eve, and I have to agree with Mary. Jump on that! He’s darling! Call me nosy, but I went ahead and detected his personality and he seems to be evil. I’m sure it’s nothing you can’t handle.

So on to the bad news: my career. After all the shocking developments so far it will probably come as no surprise that I attempted to close the gap on the race to level 10 by enlisting the help of a magic wishing well. It was an unqualified disaster. Despite my unbelievably generous donations into the gaping maw of nothingness, for every bonus or promotion the cursed thing spit out it came back the next time with performance hits or even full demotions! I’m just sick about the whole thing. I’m doing fantastically at work, everyone says what a genius I am, but because of my forays into the occult I ended the week at level 3, probably just where I’d have been if I’d have gone it alone, only thousands poorer! What rotten luck! I’m afraid I’ll never catch up!

Caleb eventually grew tired of telling his woes to our baby plasma fruit tree and decided to seek out a sympathetic ear elsewhere. He found one in Jana Moya, the gardener at Oasis Springs’ park.

She’s unbelievably patient with him, and I’m so grateful. My brother-in-law is a dear, but he does go on! She’s agreed to move in, officially to help with the garden, but between you and me I think her true best use will be reassuring Caleb that his chin dimple is still visible under his new beard and that his mojo hasn’t gone anywhere.

She’s also the latest addition to my vampire family. One more checked off the list, thank goodness!

Lilith is none too fond of her, but I expect that’s just because she’s creative and is constantly jumping on one of my sweet lady’s easels. We’ll have to find another way to keep her occupied. No doubt Caleb can help with that. If not, there’s always the pipe organ.

Work’s a bit of a grind, but at least there’s plenty to eat.

This precious thing is Yuki, another of my progeny. Isn’t she adorable?

Johnny’s not working out quite as well. To be frank, the boy’s a twit. He turned one bright, sunny morning just down the road and stood out in the open, sizzling, for ages and ages until Caleb finally ran out and begged him to come inside. We’re all going to have to earn sun resistance as soon as possible, and I think I may have to marry Johnny off to the next generation just to ensure he won’t burn himself to a crisp. Vampire parenting is hard!

Now for the moment you’ve been waiting for: here’s Tatiana! I took a page from your book, Mary, and named her after James’s old flame. I hope it brings her luck!

Here’s the point where Caleb’s desire to regain his mojo turned a bit desperate. Honestly! Standing right out in the open, wafting his vampiric allure at passersby. I had to speak to Jana and beg her to offer him some reassurance. She was very obliging.

So thankfully Caleb’s back on top of the world and my new niece or nephew should arrive within the next few days.

Here’s Tatiana as a toddler. Sassy little thing, isn’t she? I can’t wait to see which of her mummies she favors more!

I was worried at first that Lilith might be a bit intimidating as a parent, but she loves Tati dearly and is absolutely entranced by our little angel.

I’m sorry to say she made a bit of a scene at the Romance Festival, but managed to become a Grand Master Vampire with that fight, so I’m chuffed to bits.

Well, that’ll do it for me for this week, dears. I hope to have better news to report next week regarding my career and that blasted wishing well.

Hugs and Kisses,

Mary

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 04:28:35 PM »
First of all - LOL

You're a very entertaining author, @FrancescaFiori ;D

I'm also enjoying your take on the Vatores. It's always refreshing when roles are swapped and explored. I hope you will be able to cope with the toddler stages. It's my personal least favorite. As for Mary's career, I'd send her alone whenever possible to grind her way to the next promotion. Otherwise, it might get too repetitive.

I lyke yer stile 8) Can't wait for next chapter!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »
So glad you're back!!
Mary is so awesome!!!  As soon as she moved in the Vatores, I was hoping she'd end up with Lilith (though I expected Caleb to step in as the surrogate babydaddy or some such thing).  I think Lilith is stunning (and would have had her be a Took spouse if she hadn't burned up during one of our parties).
The vampire makeover on Mary is fantastic!  I mean, she was already lovely, but now she's a stunner!
Vampire Yuki is sooooooo cute!!!
Thanks for exiting the World of Warcraft.  It's good to have you back home on the forum  ;=)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 07:52:45 AM »
Mary had an eventful chapter, but I think Loelia's was sweeter :)

You know, I was really surprised when she went for Lilith over Caleb, and then I realized... I already knew that would happen and simply forgot.  I have seen makeovers done on Lilith and she is truly gorgeous.  Better looking than her brother, I think.  I can't wait to see what their kid(s) look like.  I'll probably say that for everyone, because can't wait to see what anyone's offspring looks like.  Tatiana, as a toddler, is cute.  I love the big hair.

Caleb's makeover is surprising!  I definitely didn't recognize him at all!  I love chin dimples :3  I didn't even realize Caleb had one, though I haven't paid much attention to him in my games.  It's too bad it's covered up.  I'm with you, Caleb.  Sorry I didn't notice before!  You do look nice in a beard, though.  His tragedy is too funny.  It's nice he found Jana, and I think she's pretty.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
I am so loving this new story of yours so far!
Mary's shift from office lady to vampire queen is quite amazing. Like everyone else, I always look forward to the birthdays of offspring and can't wait to see more of the toddlers as they grow.

How did you manage to get Desert Bloom Park hopping with so many aliens? I like how Mary checked that dude out for her former co-worker.
Haha, before you explained, I saw Caleb in a screenshot and wondered, "Why is Paolo there?" Poor Caleb and his concealed chin dimple, lol.

And yay, the next update will be Ms. Moneypenny! Can't wait! <3

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 01:16:49 PM »
She is still my fav for the win! Sexy vampires unite! lol not that I'm a sexy vampire... Or, am I *eyebrow wiggle
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 02:15:55 PM »
@Nindigo Thanks! Yeah, the Vatores are a wonderful pair, but they're so useful and interesting they get used a lot in dynasties, so I wanted to try and shake them up a little and make them my own. I'm pretty happy with the way they're turning out. Toddler is my least favorite, too! I thought they were so cute when they first came out, but now I find them really stressful! Oh, well. If I do a good enough job I can at least age them up early. :) Thanks for the advice on Mary's career. I can use it! She's giving me so much trouble!

@PeregrineTook Thank you! It's really good to be back. I think Lilith is stunning, too, and I'm really excited to see how Tati ages up. I guess we know for sure she'll have giant eyes, anyway! Glad you like the vamp makeover. I keep trying to make scary vampires and then going, "Hmmm . . . .nah. Let's go with sexy again!" Agreed on adorable vampire Yuki. And she picked that cute outfit out all by her little simself. Yuki's the best!

@wfgodot I love the big toddler hair, too. It was my favorite until the super curly one came out with the toddler pack. I guess we've all been a little starved for curly styles. Glad you're enjoying the Tragedy of Caleb Vatore (and his chin dimple)! He cracks me up. I'm glad he's found Jana, too, though, and I'm sure their child will be stunning.

@oshizu So glad you're enjoying it! My alien population is so healthy because I made a point of going to alien night with Loelia on the first week to make sure some spousal candidates would spawn for Eve. I even talked her up to a couple of them so they'd already be acquainted. I know my ladies are supposed to be rivals, but I wanted them to be friendly and help each other out a bit at first. Things can get sour and more competitive with Gen 2. :) As to why all the aliens are hanging out in the park at night, your guess is as good as mine.

@Magpie2012 I will never reveal your sexy vampire secret! I promise! ;) Mary appreciates your support.

Moneypenny, Gen 1, Week 1

What on earth have you two gotten me into?

Here’s the house. I built it myself. It does the job and has a bit of alien flair. Enough said.

Here are the husband prospects, among them the evil blue-skinned chap you’re both so fond of. You’ll note that none of these fine specimens had the sense to don a disguise, so I was forced to select one based upon personality, of all things, rather than actual physical attraction. Can you imagine?

I decided this particular fellow’s assets were the most appealing, so I moved him in, and wouldn’t you know? I got lucky.

Yes, I believe Corey is going to suit me just fine.

Mary, I’m assuming you recognize this walking musical nuisance? I realize you have to keep him occupied, dear, but he plays violin at the crack of dawn on my street corner Every. Single. Morning. Without fail. It’s just got to stop. He must have mastered the skill by now. He’s tireless! And completely unrelenting!

I’m assuming this is his dark form, as that legendary chin dimple is brazenly on display at all times!

I said yes. Obviously.

We spent a bit of time together.

Which resulted in a touch of nausea. You’ll no doubt know what that means.

This guy flirtily introduced himself to me in the middle of my date with Corey and now seems to think we’re sweethearts. I mean, really.

The next day. Crack of dawn. I am not even remotely joking. Mary, he must be stopped!

We’re adorable. You don’t have to tell me.

In case you were hoping for updates on your offspring, Mary dear. There you are. Vamping along just fine. (NOTE THE BACKGROUND MUSICIAN. IS HE EVERYWHERE?)

I’ve entered the astronaut career only to discover that as a pregnant woman I’m not allowed to perform my daily task for work. The only equipment they’d let me near at the gym was a basketball. What an eyeroll of a situation! Lawyers ruin everything. Feel free to make humorous comparisons between my stomach and the ball. Everyone else at the gym did. At any rate, while dribbling about didn’t complete my daily work task, it did raise my fitness to level 3, so I’m at least set for my next promotion in that regard. Also, it was fun, so I’ve installed a court at home, right behind the rocket ship, and I’ve got a whole club of aliens to play with me whenever I like.

Unlike you two hippies, I elected to bring my child into the world at the nice, sensible, safe hospital.

Corey is in a bit of a snit in this photo because he was convinced they’d see through our disguises. They did, of course, and even if they hadn’t I think the bright purple baby would have tipped them off, but all they did was give us a fancy birth certificate. Being an alien is so blasé these days. I blame you and your sexy undead friends, Mary!

I'm pleased to present my son to you. Felix. So now you can both say you’ve got a friend named Felix who can fix anything.

Aren’t you lucky?

Delightfully, I’m now allowed to exercise again. On another topic, do you think one of you might consider marrying your offspring off to that Paolo Rocca fellow? Though I’ve never paid him the slightest attention he’s constantly flirty around me and is always calling to ask me out to breakfast. Corey’s not a jealous man, but this really needs to stop. Help a girl out, would you?

Corey and I both had to leave for work one morning and I realized there was no one around to watch Felix. I’m not averse to hiring a nanny, but we could use some help around the house with other things, and my gym trainer’s a real peach, so I asked her to move in.

Like I said . . . help me out here.

My boys. I dare you to find a handsomer pair.

I think it would be safe to say I’m quite satisfied with myself and my little family.

Jillian is a wonder with Felix,

and an utter tyrant with me.

Yours babble nonsense to you, too, yes? Any clue as to the meaning of “Fee bee lay?” I’m utterly confounded. Parenting tips are gladly accepted. It’s quite fortunate for Felix that he’s so independent, because mummy is more than a little bit lost.

One last shot of the house and I’m through. It’s been an exhausting week, girls. Congrats on yours and keep me posted.

Cheers,

Eve

anything