Author Topic: Game Worlds Question?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Game Worlds Question?
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:32:00 PM »
Hello,

I have a couple of "late" game questions:

1.  Has anyone had any trouble downloading Union Cove?  It's been around for while but I would finally like to download it.  It looks like fun!
2.  Was Lucky Palms discontinued?  I am guessing that it was, but I would like confirmation.  Can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game Worlds Question?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »
It's been awhile since we've downloaded Union Cove, but when we did we didn't have any problems.

Union Cove by Carl's Sim Community
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php

If you have all expansions and updated to patch 1.67 or 1.69, download the Seasons version.

You mentioned having trouble downloading the file?

Also, all Sims 3 Store worlds are still available for download. For example Lucky Palms.

Sims 3 Store Lucky Palms
http://store.thesims3.com/luckypalms.html

When looking for store worlds, search for Sims 3 Store and then name of world.

I'm adding two links, one on how to download store items and two how to back those files up. In case you need them later. It's been a lifesaver to have store files backed up. :)

How to Download Store Items:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg437664.html#post_dlitems

How-to: Backup and Restore Store Content
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=18945.msg355355#msg355355
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »
Ahhh the Sims Store.  Never thought of looking there.

I do have Seasons in my Expansion list.  So I'll go ahead and download UC.  Will keep fingers crossed that some "jerk" hasn't attached a virus to it - it has been around awhile.

Thanks, Mrs. Flynn.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 07:08:31 PM »
I downloaded the UC Season file this morning to test downloading it and had no problems. I've recently downloaded items from the store and had no problems there either. So hopefully you shouldn't have any problems either.

Do you have Riverview? It's a free town/world from the Sims 3 Store
http://store.thesims3.com/riverview.html
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 09:56:09 AM »
Hi again Mrs. Flynn,

I tried downloading UC last night and got the message that my request could not be processed.  Below is what I did - please let me know if I did the right or wrong thing:

Since I have all but Pets and Generations (leading up to Seasons), I downloaded the 'seasonssave' package and extracted that file in the Save folder.  Next, I downloaded the main UC zip file and put that in the Save folder.  I opened the zip file and just saw that it had the large UC file in it.  But when I double clicked on it to install, I got the launcher message that I mentioned earlier.  So what I did was remove both files to the Recycle Bin and will start over.

Is there anything that I might have done wrong?  Please advise.  BTW - I successfully downloaded and successfully installed Lucky Palms.  Didn't realize the store was on the Sims 3 site, not Origin.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 11:16:00 AM »
I'm not sure what the problem is, as it sounds like your installing it correctly. I'm not finding anything Sims 3 related when searching the error message [My request could not be processed].

Did it pop up when you were downloading the UC files or when you were trying to install them?

The best I can think of if it's from installing is to install into a fresh Sims 3 folder to test, to see if that helps any. - Move your Sims 3 folder to your desktop and run game so it generates a new folder. More information in the link below:

Sims 3 Factory Reset (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 01:48:38 PM »
Mrs. Flynn,

I tried again to get UC, starting from the beginning (after deleting what I had attempted last night).  I first installed the seasonssaved file.  Next I downloaded the world itself.  Then when trying to install, I got the same message in the launcher stating that my request couldn't be processed.  So I deleted the file and again went to the UC download site.  But this time, I used the windows Edge browser instead of Chrome (which is what I normally use).  Well, I double clicked on the UC world file - this time, the launcher opened, and I did not get the message.  But nothing happened.  It seemed as if the launcher refused to install the UC world.  Quite frustrating!  Ah well, I did install Lucky Palms and Riverview.  But I was really anticipating playing UC after reading about it.  Ah well, as the French say, c'est la vie!

Thanks again for your assistance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 02:12:54 PM »
Thank you for clarifying that it's an error in the launcher. The launcher is pretty finicky these days. Try clearing IE's cache to see if it might help.

Clear Internet Explorer Cache and Reset IE

The launcher still uses parts of Internet Explorer to start up. Clearing out IE's cache and cookies may help it work better.

To Clear IE's Cache:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Go to the Tools menu. (Gear icon) on the right of the screen. Click it and choose Internet Options.
3. On the General tab under Browsing history click Delete.
4. Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.
5. Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies and History boxes.
6. Click Delete and Okay.

----------
To Reset IE back to factory default.

1. Open IE and go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset.
2. Check the box that says "Delete Personal Settings.
3. Restart your computer

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 05:07:30 PM »
Success!  But it was a bit challenging.

Microsoft Edge is slightly different from Explorer.  But once you find the Settings icon, the commands are similar.  I cleared cookies and cache - something I didn't mind doing since I am primarily a Chrome browser user.  I then downloaded the UC World once more and had the file open once finished.  I then double-clicked on the file and waited.....and waited.  The launcher opened, but again nothing was happening.  So I double clicked on the file again and waited  Finally after several minutes, the launcher screen opened another box - this time it was the install box.  The install was successful.

Thanks again for your help.  I won't be playing the game right now, but when I do, I hope things will go smoothly.  If there is another problem, I will let you know.  Thanks again, Mrs. Flynn.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »
I'm happy that it worked for you.

Just to note, Internet Explorer is different from Microsoft Edge.  We are not talking about Microsoft Edge or whatever browser you may be using to browse the internet.  We're talking specifically about Internet Explorer, it has ties into Sims 3's launcher and may need it's cache cleared or fully reset to help the launcher work again.

Sorry, this is something I should have noted before. As many get confused about this.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 11:20:03 PM »
hmmm...interesting....I suspect that Microsoft may be trying to move from IE to Edge.  They both have the same "e" icon.  In any case, it worked so I am thinking that Edge has some of the same elements as Explorer. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 11:29:54 PM »
Yes they are most-likely trying to move away from IE.

Thank you for letting me know that clearing cache in Edge worked. I'll definitely make note of that.

anything