Author Topic: My Sims 3 keeps crashing on windows 10 everytime i loaded it up  (Read 6906 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
I have a Windows 10 acer laptop everytime,I loaded The Sims 3 it ran ok but this time it keeps on crashing how do i stop this from happening again,I have 800GB memory which is very low for The Sims 3 if i upload and get rid notes pictures and videos will my Sims 3 run again without crashing.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My Sims 3 keeps crashing on windows 10 everytime i loaded it up
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:55:20 PM »
Here are some general crashing tips to try:

General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »
I have done the update of the drivers and the graphics device and fix the corrupted mods my Sims 3 game still crashes,I also tried the dep technique to Sims 3 crashing that didn't help either what about backing up the electronics art fold will that help stop Sims 3 from crashing.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 02:40:53 PM »
Backing up the Electronic Arts folder or the Sims 3 folder won't help Sims 3 from crashing. This will just ensure that you have your Sims 3 user folder and/or Electronic Arts folder is backed up.

I'm going to give you a few tips from the crashing tips that I think are important enough to check over.

If you've got Windows 10 and the Creators update it may be crashing the computer or games. Try turning off the GameBar, as it's known to be causing issues.

Turn off or disable Game bar in Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to-disable-windows-10s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

If you have a dual graphics card system, make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.msg446248#msg446248

A hard drive that is low on space may cause the game crash. It's best to move extra files such as game videos, game saves, screenshots to an external drive or usb drive if you're running low on hard drive space.

Check to make sure your computer meets the minimum or better yet, recommended requirements for both Origin and the game. As trying to run Origin and/or the game on an older/lower end computer will cause both not to work at anytime.

It's strongly recommended to play the game on a computer that meets or exceeds the recommended specs. If your computer doesn't meet these the recommended specs, you may have problems running this game well. Meaning you will run into crashes, lag, freezing and other general headaches. - Integrated video cards lack the dedicated video memory to allow for good gaming performance.

Recommended specs:
Processor: 2.5 GHz processor or faster from either AMD or Intel.
Graphics: GTX or AMD R7 or better (dedicated) graphics with 1 to 2 GB video memory. Look for a card that has GDDR5 memory.
System Memory: 8 GB Memory
For laptops - a cooling mat (even if the laptop will be used on a desk).

If you're not sure how to check the specs of your computer, see the link to the post below:

How To: Find System Specs - Windows 10, 8 and 7
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=18902.msg354633#msg354633

If you've checked over the tips above and made sure your computer meets or exceeds the recommended specs and it's still crashing there isn't anymore that I can do to help.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
Sorry i don't know where the gamebar is.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 11:29:49 PM »
That's fine, the article below will tell you what it is and where to find it.

Turn off or disable Game bar in Windows 10
https://www.howtogeek.com/273180/how-to-disable-windows-10s-game-dvr-and-game-bar/

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 03:35:42 AM »
How is it crashing? Is it just locking up or does it dump you back to the desktop with an error message?

And what are the specs of your laptop?

The reason I ask is because I'm running a non-Origin version of Sims 3, with all expansions and most stuff packs, on a Windows 10 machine with vritually no issues. So if I can get that information, I may be able to help. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.