Author Topic: What is a new/untouched Mod folder supposed to look like?  (Read 9127 times)

Offline BaileyKay

• Nooboo
What is a new/untouched Mod folder supposed to look like?
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »
Hello! After installing some mods (and copious amounts of uncategorized cc) my sims are no longer able to do any romantic interactions so I'm trying to clean up and clear out my mods folder to see if that'll fix the problem.

However I don't know if there was anything in it to begin with and I wouldn't want to delete something that will cause me more problems.
I've attached a screenshot of what my mods folder current looks like if that'll help! (I think I did..)

My apologies if if I placed this topic in the wrong place!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: What is a new/untouched Mod folder supposed to look like?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:19:51 AM »
I'm not sure if this will be much help, but did grab a couple screenshots in hopes that it'll help.

(Click images to see larger view)

Your Sims 4 Folder should look something like this:

And your Mods folder - new - nothing in it but the resource.cfg should look like this:

What may have happened is that the user files from the Sims 4 folder got copied into the Mods folder by accident.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BaileyKay

• Nooboo
Re: What is a new/untouched Mod folder supposed to look like?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:19:09 PM »
I cleared out everything except the resource.cfg and I think it worked! I loaded my game and interactions between sims are working again. Thank you for the help!

anything