Author Topic: Union Cove Help: Unicorn isn't spawning!  (Read 3685 times)

Offline Asuryan

• Nooboo
Union Cove Help: Unicorn isn't spawning!
« on: August 05, 2017, 12:41:33 PM »
Hello everyone!
I've been playing Union Cove these last days: it's really nice and I'm having a lot of fun!
The only problem is that the Unicorn isn't spawning anywhere at night. I've searched around for the aurora, no luck. Wild Horses are regularly spawning, though.
More info on my game: I use all expansion packs and all stuff packs. I use Nraas Errortrap, Mover, Traveler, Overwatch, and MasterController, but they are at default settings.
So why is the Unicorn not spawning? I've been playing for about 200 sim days and I am at my wits' end :(

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Help: Unicorn isn't spawning!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:13:21 PM »
I don't know why they aren't spawning, unless there's a glitch with them in-game. I don't know much about unicorns but when I searched the subject I found this guide that might be helpful.

~*Unicorn Guide*~
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=7397.msg152366#msg152366

I did see a mod that can help with making the chances of seeing one better, but I don't know if it has been updated to the current patch level 1.67/1.69

Not enough unicorns? Too many spawning?
http://modthesims.info/d/459352
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asuryan

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 04:45:02 PM »
Thank you for the answer. I usually have no problems with unicorns spawning in other worlds (appaloosa plains, twinbrook, riverview, and so on, they always spawned for me), I'm only having problems in Union Cove. So I was wondering if anybody else has had problems with them spawning in this neighborhood. I usually check the 2 fishing spots + the zen garden, and zoom out at night looking for the aurora lights, but no luck :(

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »
You might try creating a new game with Union Cove to see if it's just the one save that it happens to or if it happens in a brand new UC game. If so, I'm not sure it will be fixable, as the team that created Union Cove isn't available to help with fixes. So there isn't anything that can be done, if it's an actual bug within the world file.

You may want to try it without mods to make sure they're not interfering. I don't think they are, but just in case. It maybe worth trying, to help with troubleshooting.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Asuryan

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »
I'll try. Meanwhile, do you happen to know if MasterController has commands that can force spawn the unicorn?

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 06:29:59 PM »
That I don't know. You'll have to either look around in MasterController or ask at Nraas's site -
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

If MasterController doesn't have that option, they may be able to direct you to a mod that can do that. :)

Offline Asuryan

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 04:38:38 AM »
So far, no luck  :( Not even starting from scratch without mods.
Could it be because the fishing spots have too little space for an unicorn to appear? How much is the minimum space required for it to appear?
If only there was someone from the Union cove staff I could ask for advice to  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 11:04:20 AM »
I don't think it would be too little of space, but I really don't know for sure and I'm not sure what the minimum space requirement for one to appear is.

Offline Asuryan

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
OMG IT SPAWNED! 
...I didn't even have to do anything, I had lost my hopes and was fishing at night and then BAM unicorn  :o after about a hundred simdays...
...I'm so happy! <3
Thanks for your advice MrsFlynn :)

Online MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 03:33:10 PM »
Yay!! I am happy to hear that one spawned. :)

anything