Author Topic: Nraas Story Progression Lag  (Read 3776 times)

Offline Alucard117

• Nooboo
Nraas Story Progression Lag
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »
Howdy.

I got the Nraas story progression mod about a year ago, my sim was in Uni at the time, and it worked wonderfully. By day he went to class, and by night he had epic battles with the vampire slayers. Genuinely fun.

Eventually he got every degree with top marks, cause what Else do you do when immortal, and went back home. Shortly after however, story progression started lagging me. Hard. I have a version of Moonlight Falls that I've expanded and put many custom houses into. And by custom, I mean apartment buildings that fit on a 20x20 lot, not actual custom content. I don't get any of that, or try not to. Needless to say, I have a Lot of sims.

Now what I absolutely love about this is that it forces these townies to get jobs, advance skills, get promotions, etc. It even moves them out when my shoddy planning has too many sims and not enough beds. The problem is that it lags me hard. To the point where I can no longer superspeed my game, which is really needed when you're skilling...everything.

My question is this: Is there a way to get Story Progression to not lag me into a CTD? And if not, is there another mod that forces sims to get jobs and move and skill what they need to that, again, does not lag me? I have an Asus, so running a game this old isn't a problem, or rather it shouldn't be. I'd really like to keep Story Progression, even though I've since reduced it to just the base mod, with no gangs or factions or whatever.

Also, I'm aware that I may just have too many families. Is there a number on how many you can have before things start lagging to much? I've put every family from every town in a game before, but this time I only added the ones I liked. If there's a limit to how many families one can reasonably have, or how many sims there can be, I'd like to know it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Nraas Story Progression Lag
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:02:58 PM »
You may want to ask about your issue over at Nraas. It's their mod and can help you figure out the problem better. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alucard117

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 08:47:44 PM »
I would but that probably won't help. Story Progression is notorious for this. I've decided to try to find a mod that does something similar, perhaps one time on a new town, or just with new sims, and won't cause near as much lag. The regular story progression should be fine if the stupid parts of it are fixed. Like killing sims when new ones are born.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:34:37 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't know of any alternatives. If you're having problems with SP you might try reporting on the issues to Nraas. They may be able to fix them. As the modders over at Nraas are still updating the mods from time to time. There's no use to complain here, when we can't really do anything about it.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything