Author Topic: TSM quest doesn't end  (Read 6701 times)

Offline atreya

• Nooboo
TSM quest doesn't end
« on: October 16, 2017, 04:42:42 AM »
Hello,

I've recently started playing The Sims Medieval again. I'm doing the guilded guilds quest with my wizard. I completed the quest (completed all the steps i can find in walkthroughs) but the quest doesn't end. The screen 'quest completed' doesn't come. Does anyone know what I need to do to end this Quest. I don't want to give up on the quest because I want to keep the staff I earned.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: TSM quest doesn't end
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »
I don't know if this will help, but searched on the issue and found these two links:

The incident quest won't end
http://modthesims.info/t/474343

End the War - Quest is not ending
http://modthesims.info/t/483350
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline atreya

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:30:35 AM »
Thank you for answering.

I already read those before I posted. It looks like the problem is quest related. Both had some issue related to their specific quest (death of a character in the quest or clothing received during the quest). So I need to find something related to the guilded guilds quest.

Offline atreya

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 06:11:41 AM »
I found the problem.

In case anyone ever has the same issue: I started the quest because I really wanted the wizard NPC that stays around after the quest completes. So I rushed through the beginning of this quest and ended some quest tasks by cheating. (control+click on the task). I think doing that on the first task prevented my game from giving me a message with the quest story. The task completed and the quest moved on but not getting al the message text about the quests prevented the end of the quest.
So I guess I had to learn the hard way not to cheat.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:20:41 AM »
Yes - that's a caution with the cheats in TSM. They can help with some problems, but they can also introduce instabilities. ONLY click through a Quest stage if you are stuck, having accomplished the task without advancement. Playing through the long way also lets you build up to Platinum completion if your focus stays high - and you can also work on relationship with that NPC you want to keep around.  Doing that quest with my Knight, I actually let her marry and have a child with the trainee she took on - which meant missing a few Responsibilities, because you can't spar or duel while pregnant! Still worth it!
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

anything