Author Topic: [BUG] Music on a strange loop  (Read 3228 times)

Offline faithgr

• Nooboo
[BUG] Music on a strange loop
« on: October 28, 2017, 09:46:57 PM »
If this is in the wrong place, please let me know and I'll re-post where it's appropriate.

My build mode/map view/world select AND main menu all get stuck on a loop of one song, and the only way I can seem to get it to play something else, is to exit the game entirely and go back in. Has anyone else experienced this? And is there another way to possibly fix it? Also, I haven't been able to find said song anywhere, and I've listened to most of the tracks on youtube to identify it. Which I also find strange. In case it will help to fix this, here is a link to a recording I made of the music on my phone: https://clyp.it/ntnu5ku5

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I have ADHD and so hearing this constantly repeating is driving me a little crazy lol

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Music on a strange loop
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 01:51:11 AM »
I'm not sure why it's doing that other than it sounds like something has glitched in the game. In doing a search on this bug, it's been around since the beginning. From what I can tell comes and goes. The best you can do is to get out of game and back in when it happens.

[OPEN] Load music stuck in loop
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Load-music-stuck-in-loop/td-p/3459687

Suggested tips are:

1. Fully exit the game and restart it.
2. Exit the game and Origin - shut down the computer and restart it.
3. Repair Game - In Origin, right-click on the Sims 4 and select Repair.
4. Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401669.html#msg401669

If you'd like, log into Answers.ea.com and click the Me Too button under the first post.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Music on a strange loop
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 03:09:04 AM »
I get this happen quite a bit as well. Like you say, exit and re-enter the game seems to help. Mrs F, I've tried all the usually tips and tricks, but, it seems to go away after a while and then rear it's head again a few weeks/months down the line. Frikken annoying, but, not a game changer. For me at least. I have ADD and OCD, so it freaks me the heck out, but, luckily, "rebooting" the game helps :-)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Panol

• Nooboo
Re: [BUG] Music on a strange loop
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 04:07:50 AM »
I've been plagued by this and the only fix seems to be a Sims 4 game restart.

anything