Author Topic: 2018 Sims 4 World Ranking  (Read 8692 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2018 Sims 4 World Ranking
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 06:53:23 AM »
The World Ranking is now up to date with the closing of Tricks and Treats. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »
The World Ranking is now up to date with the closing of the Romantic Interests challenge. One thing of note is that was the 10th challenge of the season and a few players -- not many -- have actually participated in all events so far. So, what the means is they now have their participation component of the World Ranking at 100%. Whenever they finish their next event, I'll be able to drop their worst performance. So, to really maximize ranking participation becomes a big deal for players who can invest the time in many events.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 06:41:24 AM »
The ranking is now updated with Jokers Wild in the books. GlazeyLady is quite intent on remaining queen of the hill with another win. Welcome to the World Ranking, junegem. :) 

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 09:24:23 AM »
The ranking is now updated to include results from Baby Boomer. Several players made nice jumps in the ranking with their good performance in that event -- oshizu, Tynynounours, and sdhoey. The gap at the top between GlazeyLady and LenaLJ got a bit smaller now that I was able to drop Lena's DNF in Tricks and Treats (Baby Boomer was her 11th event). With the upcoming season Finale counting double, I predict that whichever player does better in that event will end up being the champ for 2018. We'll have to wait and see.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 08:34:28 AM »
The ranking is now updated to include the Klepto challenge that just closed. Not too many significant changes in the standings -- HelenP and Nikitachi swapped places for 3rd and 4th.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 12:47:02 PM »
Ohhhhh, look how close the top scores are! It's so exciting!
*runs off to make popcorn

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »
Ohhhhh, look how close the top scores are! It's so exciting!
*runs off to make popcorn

It really is. And guys...guess what? We have more in the World Ranking now, then at the finish of last year. That's really big news. I do not need to tell anyone that Sims 4 is in its twilight, but I am hoping the changes the team has made this year made participation more inviting. And even if you have not participated in one event yet, you CAN earn a World Ranking this year -- just jump in Scout Troop and the Finale and you're golden. I really want to see that 50 player number this year. It's so close!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 07:11:20 AM »
The ranking has been updated with the results from Scout Troop.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 07:44:45 AM »
The final 2018 World Ranking for the season is now posted.

We fell just a tad short of my goal for 50 participants this year, but I am very happy given 43 total players made the ranking which ended up being more than last year.

Wow...what a battle the entire year between GlazeyLady and LenaLJ. I honestly had no clue who would end up winning the overall title....GlazeyLady was on top most of the year, but if Lena had won the Finale and it being a Major and counting double, then it's hard to say. Lena is no stranger to what it feels like to come out on top with several championships under her belt, so I knew she would be a threat all year long, but this is new territory for GlazeyLady at the top -- congratulations!

I want to thank all 2018 Tournament participants. I hope the Challenge team offered all of you a nice variety of events to bring your games to another level, but most importantly, just have some fun.

We'll see you in 2019 for more Sims 4 competition.

Offline Snoochenpurner

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 10:49:31 PM »
When should we look forward to seeing the 2019 tournament. Before or after the holidays?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 12:16:20 AM »
The first events have usually been posted in mid December so that we can practice. @Snoochenpurner :).

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 05:02:20 AM »
The first events have usually been posted in mid December so that we can practice. @Snoochenpurner :).

Correct. Thank you for jumping in, @coolsim9999999 . It's coming up soon...I will post all the threads Monday morning.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
You're very welcome, Metro.  I'm glad I could help.  I'm really looking forward to Monday!  Your challenges are always so awesome 8).

anything