Author Topic: 2018 Handiness World Championships  (Read 36381 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2018 Handiness World Championships
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
Selling items purchased to lvl up handiness?  I'm confused. Can you sell anything else you may get through inventory?

You can only make income via selling woodworking items you make.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:01 AM »
I received a PM this morning concerning the following, so I added a clarification at the end...

Scoring is a combination of your Household Funds multiplied by a percentage to indicate the number of unique upgrades you have made. You start the challenge with a multiplier of 1.00 and for each unique upgrade (a unique upgrade has its own name) you make 2% (.02) is added to the multiplier. NOTE: All upgrades in the game are eligible, not just handiness ones.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snoochenpurner

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 12:07:58 AM »
Okay for clarification, the 2016 rules state no use of potions and No Get Together Club Content. In the 2018 rules those aren't stated. However the link attached to this challenge is the rule set from 2016. So am I to assume the 2016 rule set still stands or that 2018 has opened up things that were previously closed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 05:29:37 AM »
Okay for clarification, the 2016 rules state no use of potions and No Get Together Club Content. In the 2018 rules those aren't stated. However the link attached to this challenge is the rule set from 2016. So am I to assume the 2016 rule set still stands or that 2018 has opened up things that were previously closed.

Oh, sheesh. :( Sorry about that. I will update the link.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »
Whimsical Peanut PM'd the team with the following question...

"add Self Cleaning" from toilet and "self cleaning" from shower can be considered 2 unique upgrades? The toilet upgrade has the word "add" as well  ;D

cheers,
WP

Yes, that's true it does. But, I do not want to get ridiculous and go overboard with the whole notion of "unique" upgrades. In the example given in the ruleset, you have two different named upgrades that both mean the same thing. But, in this example, you have two upgrades using the same words, but one simply has an extra word tacked on. So, my vote is no, that does not qualify. We have not gone live yet, obviously, so I am willing to listen to other's opinions. And if the rules need to be made more clear, we can do that to avoid confusion.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 01:34:21 AM »
Hi Metro,

"But, if you did Self-Cleaning for the sink and Self-Cleaning Wall Coating for the Shower, then those have different names and both can be counted."

The word "add" is a separate word, and so it seems like a unique upgrade, to me.  I know, it's just one word, but it is different.  For, example, it would be a different puzzle in "Wheel of Fortune" because there is at least one word that's different.

Whatever, the team decides is fine, but I wanted to explain my reason for my opinion of which upgrades should count as unique :).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 06:22:43 AM »
Very good points, coolsim9999999. Well, to avoid any possible confusion we'll just go on the assumption that as long as one word is different, then you can count a Unique Upgrade.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 08:10:36 AM »
The team decided to add the following restriction given there will likely be additional upgrades to this pack and not everyone will jump in and buy it right away...

• The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack is banned.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
That's awesome Metro!  I'm glad I could help 8).  I'm excited about this challenge.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 02:00:16 PM »
That's awesome Metro!  I'm glad I could help 8).  I'm excited about this challenge.

Me too. :) I tend to do better in events that focus on money-making.

EDIT: Speaking of which...is everyone clear on what you need to look at for the Household Funds score? The team has had a few questions regarding this. Forget the amount of money you start with. It's the same for everyone, so that is irrelevant. And forget how much money you spend on your house and other stuff. All you need to write down at the end is the amount in the bottom left of your screen.

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »
The team decided to add the following restriction given there will likely be additional upgrades to this pack and not everyone will jump in and buy it right away...

• The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack is banned.

Thanks for clarifying that, I was wondering about that too. After watching the Laundry Day livestream I'm pretty sure you're right and there are new unique upgrades, so that's good to know. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 06:58:00 AM »
This event goes live on Monday, so look the rules over one more time and ask any remaining questions you may have. Good luck.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 08:25:33 AM »
The following rule needed some clarification, so "only made by your Sim" was added...

• All income is restricted to selling Woodworking items only made by your Sim via inventory - no retail stores allowed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 09:49:52 PM »
Han(nah) Dyman made $290,980 and had a total of 25 Unique upgrades.  I believe that makes her multiplier 1.5 if my math is right.

Total= 436,470

Offline shashniae

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 09:58:52 PM »
MY sim Zachary Lawrence

Household Funds = $11,534

UU =1.18

Total = 16,059

anything