Author Topic: "TS4 stopped working" every 5-10 minutes in CAS  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Mielke

• Nooboo
"TS4 stopped working" every 5-10 minutes in CAS
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »
I'm trying to play The Sims 4 but its impossible! Every time I was creating my Sim, game crashs (TS4 stopped working).
I open the game, and i play for some 5-10 minutes and the game crash. Every time. I not even can finish my Sim. Why?

I tried:
1. reinstalling the game
2. run as administrator
3. deleted my User/Documents/EA/The Sims 4 folder
4. turned off firewall and anti-virus
5. system check (no errors found)
6. updated the game
7. disabled UAC
8. visual redistributables updated
9. updated directX

I'm recently formated my pc, but i installed all the essentials drivers... So, what I can do?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: "TS4 stopped working" every 5-10 minutes in CAS
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:26:21 PM »
1. You might try turning off Origin-In Game. -- Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect or turn Off to disable Origin In Game.

2. Try playing the game in "Offline" mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Origin Menu and select Go Offline.

3. Start the game in Windowed mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Games Library tab, and right click on the Sims 4 Cover and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay. If this doesn't work, try: -w und

There are other troubleshooting tips in the post linked below to try:

Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29308.msg408903#msg408903

There have been reports that the new expansion Dogs and Cats have been crashing due to computer's not meeting recommended specs. So it maybe a good idea to make sure your computer meets or exceeds those. (See post linked above for recommended specs)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mielke

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:44:51 PM »
1. You might try turning off Origin-In Game. -- Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect or turn Off to disable Origin In Game.

2. Try playing the game in "Offline" mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Origin Menu and select Go Offline.

3. Start the game in Windowed mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Games Library tab, and right click on the Sims 4 Cover and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay. If this doesn't work, try: -w und

There are other troubleshooting tips in the post linked below to try:

Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29308.msg408903#msg408903

There have been reports that the new expansion Dogs and Cats have been crashing due to computer's not meeting recommended specs. So it maybe a good idea to make sure your computer meets or exceeds those. (See post linked above for recommended specs)

Still crashing... im giving up. but ty

Offline Mielke

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 03:57:13 PM »
update: i literally do everything from "Crashing Issues tread" and nothing helped me.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »
If none of those troubleshooting tips are working you may need to post about the problem with your Origin/EA account or at Answers HQ - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/The-Sims-4 as they may be able to help you further with the crashing issue.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *