Author Topic: TS4 suddenly crashing  (Read 3231 times)

Offline starpilot2000

• Nooboo
TS4 suddenly crashing
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »
This problem has started today for me. TS4 keeps freezing and then crashing without warning. I repaired the game, made sure my graphic card was updated, turned off origin in game, ran it as admin. None of these worked so i went on my computer system and security and looked at my recent crashes, clicked sims4 and it said the faulty application name is TS4_x64.exe  I have no idea what that file could be, but I can only run my computer is 64 bit because it has 12gb of ram. Im not sure what else to do?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: TS4 suddenly crashing
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »
I searched on this error and am finding conflicting information so I'm still not sure what's going on.

You might try:

Playing in 32-bit -- To do this go to Games Library in Origin. Right click on The Sims 4 photo. Select Game Properties > Advanced Launch options.
Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Learn more about 32-Bit vs 64 bit with the link below:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/when-to-use-the-sims-4-64-bit-or-32-bit-version/

Try playing the game in "Offline" mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Origin Menu and select Go Offline.

Start the game in Windowed mode -- In the Origin Client, go to the Games Library tab, and right click on the Sims 4 Cover and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay. If this doesn't work, try: -w und

More troubleshooting tips can be on the post linked below:

General Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29308.msg408903#msg408903
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline starpilot2000

• Nooboo
Re: TS4 suddenly crashing
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:20:05 PM »
Thank you so much! I changed it to 32 bit and it hasnt crashed at all. My processor must be getting old

anything