Author Topic: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen  (Read 34698 times)

Offline oxJennxo

• Nooboo
Re: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2018, 07:28:18 AM »
Congrats @reggikko !

I'm not a very strategic player, so all of the different strategies are so cool to read about.  I hope some of that rubs off on me.

I just had my two sims paint.  The house doors were locked to keep them outside.  I just moved a bed, toilet, and shower outside and then bought them the cheapest grill and a couple of easels.  Lot traits were Private Dwelling, Natural Light and Home Studio.  Both sims were creative, loner, and loves the outdoors.  Both sims got Creative Visionary and completed the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.

I made a list of every lot in available and kept the houses at the cheapest in a row (same list as reggikko).  I would leave the cheapest landscape painting in the house, making sure it left the house just under the next house price.  Depreciation was my enemy for sure.

I have only ever used the SimRay once and I never made money off of the lockers and never used it again.  I also did not even think of having a club. 

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2018, 08:29:01 AM »
I went with the connections & jobs, 2 painting clubs plus photography route, boring but it does give a lot of money.  My sims were married to speed up completing SoulMates for the points for connections.  The painting clubs were easier to track because the husband had all lads, and the (alien) wife had all lasses.  I started to run out of real time and had to drop photography after the 1st Wednesday otherwise I would have made more money.

I went with the most expensive houses I could afford, but plowed as much of the upgrading as I could into floors and wall papers to avoid some of the depreciation.

My sims also complete Painter, Wealthy and Mansion aspirations along the way so plenty of points for moodlet solvers, plus the bonus from shrewd and the rebate from build mode both helped.

Lastly, I want to say a thank you to @oshizu for her super useful posts on Towns & Townies which made planning this one so much easier.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mens0067

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2018, 05:27:13 PM »
I guess my strategy was a little different from everyone.

My main goal was to get to the highest valued houses as quickly as I could. I started out with two married sims and got through 2 1/2 tiers of the soulmate aspiration. I purchased the marketable reward and had my sims make money by woodworking. I stayed in the cheapest houses the first couple days so I could save money. Once I reached level 7 handiness, I went on vacation and learned how to make the camping mascot and then went back home right away. That is what I thought was the fastest way to make money in the sims 4. I don't play active careers very much and never though of the SimRay from the Science career. I did start a club, but never thought to add extra members of the club to help me make money. In the club I purchased the handiness boost. After a few days I was making a ton of money and bought the highest lot I could. By day 4 or 5 I was buying the highest valued lots I could and only placing camping mascots to make the value of the lot as close to the next lot without going over. I kept all the other camping mascots in my sims inventory. On the last house, I placed over 200 camping mascots.

I learned a lot on this challenge, and reading everyone strategies! I am not looking forward to the next challenge, I have a hard time managing large households. We will see how well I do...

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2018, 06:28:20 AM »
@reggikko Very Well deserved win.  ;D Your strategy went beyond just well executed to showing just how genius your brain must be. The thinking about depreciation is inspired! Thank you for the information about the I. Constructor too. I will have to remember that we don't need to go into the office to make things! @xyliajames thank you for the information about 2 clubs too. I never knew we could have multiple clubs until now!
@GlazeyLady I did originally think of photography but i really really hate having to use it for a long time and so does my computer  :P

Well done everybody for your efforts and strategies. Can't wait to see how everyone gets on with juggling all the Careers next :)

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2018, 08:29:43 AM »
[I did originally think of photography but i really really hate having to use it for a long time and so does my computer  :P

Agreed - it gets very boring, and to keep my computer from locking up, I have to go out to the screenshot folder constantly and delete all the photos.  I play in window mode with the screenshot folder open in another window, queue up 7 photo actions, and when complete, I sell the photos and then flip over to the screenshot window and delete all the files.  As long as I don't let the number of files in the screenshot folder get too large, my computer doesn't lock up. 

anything