Author Topic: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen  (Read 34704 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: House Hunters Challenge: The Baker's Dozen
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
A quick question: When you say "apartments," you are referring to rented lots, right?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2018, 12:16:43 PM »
A quick question: When you say "apartments," you are referring to rented lots, right?

I think we're also referring to the apartments you can buy. Basically, the only thing eligible in San Myshuno would be the Salt House.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2018, 12:53:50 PM »
I think we're also referring to the apartments you can buy. Basically, the only thing eligible in San Myshuno would be the Salt House.

That's probably the best way to handle it to avoid any confusion.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »
Thank you, MarianT!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2018, 07:20:58 PM »
All references to apartments are being scrapped from the rules. House purchases only. I suppose it makes sense given the challenge title. :)

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2018, 11:17:13 AM »
When you're moving houses, since once you asses lot value nothing can change, do you move with the furniture? As I understand it, regardless if you move with furniture or sell it the lot stays the same, correct? So, would it matter if you sold the furniture after you assessed the lot value when moving as long as you're not emptying the house before selling?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2018, 11:55:38 AM »
When you're moving houses, since once you asses lot value nothing can change, do you move with the furniture? As I understand it, regardless if you move with furniture or sell it the lot stays the same, correct? So, would it matter if you sold the furniture after you assessed the lot value when moving as long as you're not emptying the house before selling?

This was a helpful related PM I received from cyclonenic the other day. I'll just paste it here...

Just thought that you might want to know that players will have to sell their furniture at the move screen to keep the lot value they get before moving- in effect they sell their furniture to the new owners. This may need some clarity.

As an example Crick Cabana Lot Value is 12442 immediately upon moving in. This stays at 12442 if you sell the furniture but goes down to 7822 if you keep the furniture (i.e the furniture moves with you).

Nic

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, it's been awhile since I had a sim move in game, but I remembered something like that. Thanks for the clarification Metro. And, cyclonenic   :D

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2018, 12:24:28 PM »
I'm wearing my confused face at the minute, though I think I understood the rule set and then read the comments which didn't help! Think I may need a couple more read read-through's and practice runs. And I thought the toddler's would be difficult!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »
@december22 -- what is confusing you?

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2018, 12:37:12 PM »
@Metropolis Man

I think it's because I'd read rules 3.0 but the comments related to rules 2.0 and 1.0 so it didn't make any sense.

I'll read through the rules as they are now a couple more times then if I'm still not getting it I'll let you know.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2018, 11:33:16 AM »
I just want to make sure I got everything right. Do I understand correctly that:
- After we start the game, we can go to Manage Worlds and evict all the families we want from their houses, then get back to playing our file?
- We can buy and sell whatever we want in each house, as long as we don't make any changes after checking the lot value right before moving out?
- We can transfer items in the family inventory from house to house?
- When we move, we always choose "Sell furniture" on the left, and "Furnished" on the right?
- We still can choose a house with "Vampire Lore" if we change it right after moving in?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
I just want to make sure I got everything right. Do I understand correctly that:
- After we start the game, we can go to Manage Worlds and evict all the families we want from their houses, then get back to playing our file?

No need to use Manage Worlds at the outset. If an occupied home is your choice at a worlds screen when it's time to make a selection, then just evict the family then.

- We can buy and sell whatever we want in each house, as long as we don't make any changes after checking the lot value right before moving out?

Correct.

- We can transfer items in the family inventory from house to house?

Yes.

- When we move, we always choose "Sell furniture" on the left, and "Furnished" on the right?

Yes.

- We still can choose a house with "Vampire Lore" if we change it right after moving in?

Vampire Lore is banned, so I am on the fence about this. What if you or someone else forget to change it? Let's let other team members weigh in.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2018, 02:21:05 PM »
There isn't a Vampire Lore lot trait. The traits (none of which affect skilling) are:

On A Dark Ley Line – The dark energy here has a impact on all nocturnal activities. You can expect babies conceived here to require extra care while teething.
Vampire Nexus – A dark void envelopes this lot in the upside down. Vampires are more likely to visit the area.
Registered Vampire Lair – The lot registers as a vampire lair. The League will send various gifts from time to time. Through the mail, no less. Even the immortals use the public mail service. Only available on home residences.

It's the Vampire Lore skill that's banned, isn't it?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2018, 02:32:11 PM »
There isn't a Vampire Lore lot trait. The traits (none of which affect skilling) are:

On A Dark Ley Line – The dark energy here has a impact on all nocturnal activities. You can expect babies conceived here to require extra care while teething.
Vampire Nexus – A dark void envelopes this lot in the upside down. Vampires are more likely to visit the area.
Registered Vampire Lair – The lot registers as a vampire lair. The League will send various gifts from time to time. Through the mail, no less. Even the immortals use the public mail service. Only available on home residences.

It's the Vampire Lore skill that's banned, isn't it?

Ok, ty, reggikko. Yeah, I confess, I am not very knowledgeable about lot traits. It's the skill that is banned due to a potential exploit someone brought to our attention.

anything