Author Topic: Mobile site - Annoying pop up ads  (Read 2307 times)

Offline gimmeakidsmenu

• Nooboo
Mobile site - Annoying pop up ads
« on: February 14, 2018, 04:33:18 PM »
I love your site, but your mobile site needs some love. Stupid pop-up adds (like the dumb Facebook Spin-the-Wheel thing) always direct me away from the site.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Mobile site - Annoying pop up ads
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:17:32 PM »
Thank you for letting us know. I pmed Carl to let him know of the issue. He may be in contact with you to get more details.

Please be aware that it maybe harder to track down the problem ad as guide readers experience different ads depending on what area they live in and other demographics as well as possibly device type (e.g. mobile vs. pc).
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:32:00 PM »
@gimmeakidsmenu  :( Is this different from the one that has an 'x' in the corner? We are not supposed to have redirects of any kind but they come up from time to time, get scrubbed from the networks, and some other jerk puts one up. Knowing what site was doing it would help immensely.

Offline gimmeakidsmenu

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 06:57:36 PM »
No "X" in the corner. Completely redirects the page and the only way to get out of it is to completely close the tab

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 07:06:59 PM »
Knowing what site was doing it would help. Do you by any chance have a photo of the bad ad?
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 08:48:21 AM »
Knowing what site was doing it would help. Do you by any chance have a photo of the bad ad?
MrsFlynn, I am seeing this as well on the main site (not the forum). It only happens on mobile, usually after you scroll a little over halfway down the page. There's no way to go back (it just reloads the ad page) and clicking Close takes you to yet another ad page. The only solution is to close the tab and re-navigate to the same page (but good luck reading the content - it seems to happen every single time on certain pages, so if I want to actually read the guide, I have to open the site on desktop).

IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2497.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 10:41:14 AM »
I'm sorry this is happening. I have pmed Carl about this. Thank you for the report and photos. Hopefully that can help Carl figure out what's going on with it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
I'm sorry this is happening. I have pmed Carl about this. Thank you for the report and photos. Hopefully that can help Carl figure out what's going on with it.
Sounds good! I've been seeing it for at least a couple of weeks, and today I finally convinced my lazy self to take screenshots. Apologies for not doing it sooner. ::)

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 06:28:26 AM »
The pics help more than you know. I'm asking around about those domains. They both end in .top. I'm hoping we can ban this entire type of ad somehow. They have done some scripts for me that blocked that type of stuff. It's not supposed to happen period, but them seeing it and figuring out how how the ad gets around the rules can let them eliminate it.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 08:51:26 PM »
The pics help more than you know. I'm asking around about those domains. They both end in .top. I'm hoping we can ban this entire type of ad somehow. They have done some scripts for me that blocked that type of stuff. It's not supposed to happen period, but them seeing it and figuring out how how the ad gets around the rules can let them eliminate it.
Glad I could help! :) Hope you can get it all worked out soon!

anything