Author Topic: Spice Festival will not Arrive! - Xbox one  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Cthvn0905

• Nooboo
Spice Festival will not Arrive! - Xbox one
« on: March 05, 2018, 11:30:40 PM »
So I’ve been playing my family for at least 1 month sims time. I’ve been patiently waiting for the Spice festival to arrive so I can buy all the spices I need for cooking. I’ve attended every festival aside from Spice already. I’ve even had Romance repeat. It this a bug? With the “bi-weekly” pattern I should have attended Spice by now. Is there a way for me to fix it or trigger it? I thought about moving my family out of the city and back in to see if that reboots. Any feedback is appreciated!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Spice Festival will not Arrive!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:36:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum @Cthvn0905  I haven't heard of this happening so I'll need to have a hunt around for some help for you but try deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder before doing anything else. I don't know of anyway to force the game to spawn a festival either so this could be tricky to solve!

You can also try a Factory Reset which could clear out any issues and a Game Repair in your Origin Client. Open up Origin, Click on the Game Library tab then Right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cthvn0905

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:52:25 PM »
Thank you for looking around!!

I forgot to mention that I am playing on an Xbox one console so I am not sure how to access files that way.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »
In taking a quick look at the bug list for the console version, I'm not seeing this issue on the list. List of bugs affecting the PS4/Xbox

This may be a bug. You could try what you mentioned doing - move family out of the city to see if that might help.

If that doesn't help, you may want to post about your issue on Answers HQ Sims Bug Report Forum
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

As far as I know console players aren't able to do a game factory reset, repair game or clearing game cache in the same way as you do on a pc. As consoles are different kinds of machines.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Cthvn0905

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 08:39:16 AM »
Okay thank you!!!  I will try these things

anything