Author Topic: Travel to visit other sims from different worlds  (Read 2403 times)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
Travel to visit other sims from different worlds
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »
Hello. I am struggling. I have only one save, I made a sim family (mum,dad, kids, cats) on Willow creek. Then I changed world and made a single young man in New Crest. How can I make the guy go visit the family? When I click on the world menu with him and choose Willow creek to travel to the ’traveling screen’ comes up then the family household loads up instead of the single guy. And other way round, none family member can go visit the guy.
Please help me, I want them to be friends and wave some story with them together.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
How-To: Travel To/From Different Worlds or within Neighborhoods
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:48 PM »
There are a few ways to travel with your active Sim to different worlds.

You can Press the M key, use the phone, or zoom out until you see the "Travel Sign". A little walk-through is below:

With your active Sim for example, the young man, you can use the phone and select Travel.

Or - zoom out all the way with the mouse scroll wheel, until the "Travel Sign" appears

- Using the scroll wheel - Scroll away from you is zooming in. Scrolling towards yourself, zooms out.
- Using the keyboard - Press "x" to zoom out, "z" to zoom in.

This will take you to the Map screen. Click the World Select button on the upper left corner to choose Willow Creek.

Click on the Family's house. (In my example, I click the Goth family's house) A Plane button should appear in the lower left of the map screen. Click it to confirm the travel plans.

After that your active Sim should be on the Family's lot to visit them.

To go home - Click the tiny house icon on your Active Sim's photo.

New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online CuriousSim

• Occult
Re: Travel to visit other sims from different worlds
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »
I usually zoom out all the way, with the mouse scroll wheel, until the "Travel Sign" appears. This usually takes me immediately to the travel screen, without putting it into my action queue.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »
MrsFlynn  Thank you so much. I done it, he is at the family’s house rocking the babies. :)  He can step into the godfather role now for the twins :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 12:10:18 AM »
You're welcome, I'm happy I could help. I also added in CuriousSim's way too. I knew a part of the how-to was "missing" I just couldn't think of it at the moment. When they mentioned something I was like Yes, that's it!!

Thank you CuriousSim!! :)
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Online HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:27:41 AM »
I know it's already been sorted, but the M key will also pull up the travel map on a PC.