Author Topic: Travel to visit other sims from different worlds  (Read 16185 times)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
Travel to visit other sims from different worlds
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:14:37 PM »
Hello. I am struggling. I have only one save, I made a sim family (mum,dad, kids, cats) on Willow creek. Then I changed world and made a single young man in New Crest. How can I make the guy go visit the family? When I click on the world menu with him and choose Willow creek to travel to the ’traveling screen’ comes up then the family household loads up instead of the single guy. And other way round, none family member can go visit the guy.
Please help me, I want them to be friends and wave some story with them together.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
How-To: Travel To/From Different Worlds or within Neighborhoods
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:48 PM »
There are a few ways to travel with your active Sim to different worlds.

You can Press the M key, use the phone, or zoom out until you see the "Travel Sign". A little walk-through is below:

With your active Sim for example, the young man, you can use the phone and select Travel.

Or - zoom out all the way with the mouse scroll wheel, until the "Travel Sign" appears

- Using the scroll wheel - Scroll away from you is zooming in. Scrolling towards yourself, zooms out.
- Using the keyboard - Press "x" to zoom out, "z" to zoom in.

This will take you to the Map screen. Click the World Select button on the upper left corner to choose Willow Creek.

Click on the Family's house. (In my example, I click the Goth family's house) A Plane button should appear in the lower left of the map screen. Click it to confirm the travel plans.

After that your active Sim should be on the Family's lot to visit them.

To go home - Click the tiny house icon on your Active Sim's photo.

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
Re: Travel to visit other sims from different worlds
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »
I usually zoom out all the way, with the mouse scroll wheel, until the "Travel Sign" appears. This usually takes me immediately to the travel screen, without putting it into my action queue.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »
MrsFlynn  Thank you so much. I done it, he is at the family’s house rocking the babies. :)  He can step into the godfather role now for the twins :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 12:10:18 AM »
You're welcome, I'm happy I could help. I also added in CuriousSim's way too. I knew a part of the how-to was "missing" I just couldn't think of it at the moment. When they mentioned something I was like Yes, that's it!!

Thank you CuriousSim!! :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:27:41 AM »
I know it's already been sorted, but the M key will also pull up the travel map on a PC.

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 06:41:27 AM »
Re: Travel to visit other Sims from Different Worlds
I have posted a similar question on Island Living..
Originally I started (as every Newbie in Willow Creek ..new to Sims 4 but been playing the Sims forever) and did the normal "save As " ala Sims 3 ..Wasn't too sure if I would like the game as loved Sims 3 ..Bought the Origin Deluxe version after 48 hrs of freeplay
Then Island living caught my eye and having lived in the Pacific could so relate to that sort of lifestyle
Abandoned my Willow Creek family.. After he had got to the top of the Astronaut career did their thing in the assembled rocketship and had the kid.. Once he was 4/5th there , aged him up and did homework with him a couple of times moved  his NPC Nanny in (she had maxed cooking and had reached level 10 in violin and Piano  but "homeless" ~ go figure?) and went off to play in the Islands
Got my CAS generated Mermaid up to the top of the conservation career living off grid with her 'hook -up" boyfriend who also turned out to be a Mermaid in disguise. Built a Spa on the Island (thanks to Scoed)  and did notice that when she went to the library in Willow Creek my family wasn't there.. Just an empty lot on Bargin Bend..Did some rotational play with a couple of the other Island families and only did one save and not "save as" after reading the advise on this forum.
 Went back into my  "Save As"Original family in Willow C and thought I would like them to visit the Spa on the Island ..I thought after a Jungle Adventure and six sims days Space Time Continuam would have caught up? Nada , nothing.. just the empty lots again..How do I manage to hook these two worlds into one? Building the Spa took forever, I want the two living in the same time . Help please ~Savuti 6

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 07:39:36 AM »
If you use "Save As" you create a different game. To have your Sims live in different worlds in the same save, just save when you quit, and when you play again, click on the large arrow, not "New Game."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »
Thank you Marion T ..I thought I had done that .. Maybe an exception to Island Paradise (I believe the game re-sets for each newly created family going in?) When i go to "Manage  worlds " with the Island family to Willow Creek The family there doesn't show up  and visca versa . Going to the Island with my Willow Creek family the Island Spa I made is not there.. Other than putting both families in the library and starting all over not sure how I will get them together?
The odd thing is that Maxis generated Sims from all over come to the Spa .. not sure why mine can't? ~Savuti 6

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »
It sounds like you may have your families in two different save files. If you want them to visit each other they need to be in the same save file.

You may need to save at least one of the families to the library so you can add them to your other save file.

Sim families from one save file cannot interact with another Sim family from a different save file. To get them to interact with each other they need to be in the same save file.

To get the families all into one save file, go to the main menu and click Load Game for each of the families you want to save. Save the family and their house to the library and place them into one game save.

How to Save Family to Library:
- From Manage Households - Select family, take them into CAS (click the pencil icon in lower right). Then click the folder in the upper right corner to save to the My Library tab.
- In-game - Click on the mirror, dresser or closet and select Change Sim.

How to Save House to Library:
- From Build mode, select the folder in the upper middle/top of the screen and select Save lot.

This may mean having to start one or both families over, but at least they'd be able to interact with each other. :)

Thank you Marion T ..I thought I had done that .. Maybe an exception to Island Paradise (I believe the game re-sets for each newly created family going in?) When i go to "Manage  worlds " with the Island family to Willow Creek The family there doesn't show up  and visca versa . Going to the Island with my Willow Creek family the Island Spa I made is not there.. Other than putting both families in the library and starting all over not sure how I will get them together?
The odd thing is that Maxis generated Sims from all over come to the Spa .. not sure why mine can't? ~Savuti 6

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 07:03:52 AM »
MrsFlynn Thank you ..Think you are right.
 IF I had built the Spa from within my Save file from within Willow Creek and gone to "Manage Worlds" from there and built the Spa on the Island from there I guess it would show up..
From within the game on the Island the option to "Manage Worlds" is greyed out
I figure the game treats this like an Adventure pack and re-sets from what I have been gleaning from reading around this forurm.
Seems a bit odd that Mortimer and Co can come and enjoy my Spa but my Willow Creek family cannot (lol)
Just means my Island family who contain the two homeless Maxis Mermaids and the Hermit from Granite Falls are possibly going to have dopplegangers running about? and the Island will re-set to its former dark state..My level 10 conservationist will have done all that hard work for nothing! (sigh) ..Never the twain shall meet

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 10:45:51 AM »
Something I forgot to add is that you can save your community lots to the library as well, so you can then add them to a new or different save file. This way you can have both families, their houses and community lots all in the same save.

To save a community lot to the library is the same as saving a house.
- From Build mode, select the folder in the upper middle/top of the screen and select Save lot.

The last time I had doppelganger Sims running around I had to go find the duplicate Sim and delete them and to make sure they weren't saved to my library. To prevent them from being duplicated again.

If it's a favorite Sim, backup your Tray folder to the desktop or a folder outside the Documents\Electronic Arts folder. - This folder contains your Sims, houses and community lots saved to the library.

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 05:05:39 AM »
Will attempt that thanks for the advise ..Problem is both the Maxis generated Merfolk are "homeless" He is the red sharked eyed red mermaid "Glutton" /Beach bum and she the pretty blue tailed flirty/fit one (she  has taken to yoga/wellness like a pro) ..
Maybe need to take them both into Cas to adjust their looks so I can recognise their "doppelgangers" later, before saving them to the library?
A pity in a way that Sulani is not treated the same as other worlds and you cannot have an intergrated save between the Island and other worlds ..
In Willow Creek the old lady from the Chieftans house on the Island(with the flower garland) is running around town -( On the Island she is dead.)
On the Island Mortimer comes to visit the Spa and Katrina C swans in in all her red headed glory - (In Willow Creek they are both Elders.) 
Have learnt so much about rotational play and how progession works in Sims 4 now having " trolled te forums" (lol) Wish I had read through before jumping in and just creating willy nilly ~ Cest la vei

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 09:14:29 PM »
You can have integrated saves. I have every Sim I ever made in one save game but I have had to place them into that save from my Library. When I start a new game then those sims are not in that new save because I have not placed them into it (from my library). 

The same for lots, when I start a new game all my own built lots are not there until I place them from my Library.

So every new game simply is how it first shipped to you from Maxis, until you start adding in Sims and Lots you have made etc from your Library, or the online Gallery where you can access Sims and Lots made by other players.

Some link to guides that might help you figure things out, aspects of the game are very different to previous sims games and can be confusing when first starting out.

Making Sims
Making Houses and Placing them etc
List of How To's that might be useful
How to use the Gallery and so your Library
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 03:42:52 AM »
Thanks Playalot
I do understand the library..However there is no way to "Manage Worlds" from within Sulani ..The Option is "greyed out"
You can travel to and from the Island but I think because of the adventure aspect of the game "cleaning up the island" the game re-sets .
.Cannot get my Willow family to visit the Spa I made or meet my mermaid family, however, very amusing the other Maxis families come over to enjoy the Spa..
IF I upsticks my mermaids to the library and re-introduce them into the island the game will re-set to it's former trashy state (They will also have "dopplegangers" running around, BFF's would be lost etc)
Only way perhaps would be to split up my Cas character from the rest and move her  to the library and then into the Willow Creek game but when she went back to Sulani the game would have re-set and her family would not be there..
Mmm Maybe will wait a generation move a "spare" into Willow (via the library) for my half Alien to make out with a meremaid in a new game..
Thanks for your efforts on my behalf but for the time being will just have to play in parrallel worlds

anything