Author Topic: Lighting issues  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Atalanta

• Llama Wrangler
Lighting issues
« on: March 23, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »
This is not a big deal, obviously, since I’ve been playing Ambitions for a few years now, but I’m puzzled about this. The lights in all Ambitions buildings — both homes and community lots — do not work. Maybe they work in Twinbrook, since I haven’t played there much, but when I place an Ambitions building on a lot in any neighborhood, I have to go in and replace all the lights. Changing their intensity has no effect whatsoever.

I’ve looked through the topics in this child forum, as well as doing a Google search, but didn’t find anything that addressed this. Does anyone have a clue why this lighting problem exists?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Lighting issues
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:52:33 PM »
This issue sounds familiar to me. I don't think this has anything to do with Ambitions itself.

The lighting issues come from when the Sims 3 Pets patch was released. It had to do with the updates to the game engine that they made.

I had to basically reset the lighting in each house/community lot. What I did was took my active Sim and either choose Auto lights and select preference or Set Color and select preference.

If I remember correctly setting the lights to a different color was introduced with the Pets patch and it ended up setting all the lights to dark color, even if they were actually on.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Atalanta

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Lighting issues
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 05:08:16 PM »
Aha! Thanks for the info.