Author Topic: Playing Sims 3 without crashing  (Read 1312 times)

Offline 1Kimi115

• Nooboo
Playing Sims 3 without crashing
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:28:53 AM »
I am planning on playing the Sims 3 again after probably a year without playing it. I gave up last time because it wouldn't stop crashing. I use one single mod on the game and I would prefer to keep it, the rest is custom content from the Exchange. (Though I am having trouble locating said mod in case I have trouble, I can't find my mods folder  :-[ :( ) I just want to try my hands at the Sims 3 Legacy Challenge without having to restart the game x amount of times. I would appreciate any help.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Playing Sims 3 without crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 02:32:23 AM »
You haven't mentioned what you've tried to remedy the crashing of your game. Try these tips in the thread linked below:

Tips for General Crashing Issues
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg425173#msg425173

The game may be getting the mods/cc from your OneDrive account. If that's the case you may want to turn that off. As Sims games don't work well with OneDrive. It makes the games not work properly. If you do find them on OneDrive, you can move the mods folder back to the C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder.

If you would like to learn how to turn off OneDrive, please see the article linked below:

How-To: Turn Off or Uninstall OneDrive
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline 1Kimi115

• Nooboo
Re: Playing Sims 3 without crashing
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »
I moved the Mods folder back to the Sims 3 folder and I have uninstalled OneDrive. Hopefully this will work. ;)

anything