Author Topic: Origin/Sims 4 changed the location path to OneDrive  (Read 11943 times)

Offline rb63

• Nooboo
Origin/Sims 4 changed the location path to OneDrive
« on: April 29, 2018, 05:56:02 PM »
I had trouble with Sims 4 not loading.  I ran the repair function, and had to access as an administrator (not sure that is relevant.)  Now, I can't access any of my cc.  It is all in my mods folder and all the right boxed are checked under options. All my mods are still there on my c drive in the default location. I played a new game and saved it to see what happened. It saved to onedrive, rather than my c drive. I also noticed that the addresses listed under the screenshot tab are also for one drive. How did it change itself??   I turned off onedrive, but that didn't help.  How do I change the default back to my c drive so it can find my stuff?  Thank you for helping!!  I have wasted hours trying to fix this. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Origin/Sims 4 changed the location path to OneDrive
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 07:32:03 PM »
Turn off or uninstall OneDrive, so it doesn't interfere with Sims 4 or Origin.

How To: Turn off or uninstall OneDrive
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

Then move or copy the Sims 4 folder back to the default location [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4] so the game can recognize the files within that folder.

** When the contents of the Sims 4 folder is on OneDrive, it has the potential of not being able to work. As the game cannot read files from there. They need to be in the Documents folder for the game to read them correctly.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline rb63

• Nooboo
Re: Origin/Sims 4 changed the location path to OneDrive
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »
thank you.  I could not find where to turn of save to one drive. FYI:  It is in Origin, not Sims. Once I did that, there was still a problem.  So, I moved all the cc and mods to a temporary file and then started re-adding bit by bit.  Found the bad file and got rid of it.  Now everything works.  Thank you so much

anything