Author Topic: Newly created Sim crashes game upon buying house, but all others fine.  (Read 1760 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
So I created a Sim, it's a CAS bin Sim, I just changed hair and clothes. Every other Sim in my library works just fine, I've never run into this before. 
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
I don't know what would cause the game to hiccup like that. The only thing I can think of is to try a Sims 3 factory reset and new game to see if that might help. No Mods folder (to test) Once you find the game working okay, then add them back in a couple few at a time to make sure all is still in working order.

I was having some issues with my current game and a factory reset and new game helped a lot. The only thing I can think of that happened was I was trying to play with an older game that just got too glitchy.

Sims 3 Factory Reset - HowTo:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401814#msg401814

If you have the Origin version of Sims 3 you can try turning off Origin In Game, and Repair Game. - This won't work with the disc version.

Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect or turn Off to disable Origin In Game.

Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library > Right-click on the Sims 3, select Repair.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
I'm trying to start a new game with the Sim I created, still freezes the game up. Every other Sim is just fine, I trying to get her in Appaloosa Plains, but anywhere I try to buy a house it freezes the game up and it crashes. I wonder if there is a mod that lets us reset Sims in the Sim library. 
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
I don't know of any mods that reset the actual library, what might be the problem is the specific Sim, if all others in the library are fine.

You can try resetting them via Reset Sim or try resetting the town via Nraas MasterController.

Reset Town, Individual Sims and/or Evict Household (How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20732.msg401812#msg401812

If you have used custom content on the Sim, try replacing that to see if that helps.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
If you have used custom content on the Sim, try replacing that to see if that helps.
The Sim is still in the Sim bin I don't believe they are editable in that state, I did use store content. But I did remake the Sim, she doesn't crash my game now, WooHoo! I just put the stuff I remembered, and voilà, she works.
We are of peace, always.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
If you're talking the SimBin in CAS all you do is pick her and then she can be edited like normal.

But if she only has store content, that may not make a difference, as that's created by EA too. However, I'd still give it a try as a test.

Would you be willing to package her up and share her with me? Cause I'm curious if I experience the glitch as well. - Package her up and attach her to a reply.

If you do share her, she may not have her store content in my game, as I don't have any store content installed at the moment. But she'll be dressed in something.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
I am happy to hear that you were able to remake her and she doesn't crash your game.

If you still want help troubleshooting the original Sim, I'm up for giving it a try. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
I am happy to hear that you were able to remake her and she doesn't crash your game.

If you still want help troubleshooting the original Sim, I'm up for giving it a try. :)
I deleted her, but she was in the family bin. But thanks for trying to help me, I'm really grateful.
We are of peace, always.