Author Topic: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 [COMPLETE]  (Read 13817 times)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 - updated June 24
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
Phone call from Jenny Sand to Olyvar Frey

Olyvar: To be honest, this is the first time you’ve made sense in a long time. Look, we’ve got a spare room. Pack your stuff and come on over.

Jenny: What? All I said was I couldn’t stand Garlan. He’s an annoying little brat. That doesn’t mean I want to move.

Olyvar: You said he got the evil trait.

Jenny: Well, his parents were upfront with us about that. They’re going to work on his empathy and conflict resolution and see what they can do to counteract it. Why would I want to move? I couldn’t stay with you forever. I’d have to move to one of those cockroach-infested apartments in San Myshuno. If you came over here, you would see how well I live. Look at this photo!

Olyvar: You literally have your head in a hedge.

Jenny: a hedge of beautiful smelling flowers. Do you see this pool?

Olyvar: That is nice, I will admit.

Jenny: Although I think we want to redo it. I guess there used to be a stream running through the back of the property. Willas thinks we should restore that in put in a more traditional pool.

Olyvar: That’s going to cost a fortune.

Jenny: Olly, money is not an issue. Look we have over $500k in reserve.

Olyvar: What?

Jenny: Sarella, Nylah, and I are all level 10 in painting. We churn out masterpieces multiple times a day. We’re earning about $15-20k in frog breeding a day. My songs bring in about $2k a day. Willas’ novels, easily $10k a day. Cerenna’s programming is about $500 a day. Plus our combined salaries, the dragonfruit harvests, the career rewards.

I wanted a new violin and Willas ordered 3 strads so I could try them out and then said we should just keep them around because they add to the value of the house.

I practice in a gazebo that’s there just for me.

Sure Garlan is an annoying little imp, but when you look at everything else (and Margaery is a darling), why would I want to leave?

Olyvar: …

To: Drifter Board of Directors, No Sim Left Behind
cc: Cerenna Lannister Tyrell
Re: Progress Report 007

So other than one small problem, I believe we are on track. We have the requisite number of beds. We have a large cash reserve. It will simply be a matter of getting the house value to $350,000.

The small problem is that Cerenna has been abducted by aliens for a third time. Every time it happens, she comes crashing back to the ground with no memories of the experience. 

I only know about the first two incidents because Sarella told me. If it hadn’t been for Margaery pointing up to the sky when Tommen asked her where her mother was, I wouldn’t know about the third time either.

Is there anything precluding us from purchasing a satellite dish and setting it to prevent abductions?

From: Kevan Hecking, Drifter Board of Directors, No Sim Left Behind
To: Willas Tyrell
Re: Re: Progress Report 007

Go ahead and buy one!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 - updated June 26
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »
I'm glad the satellite dish is allowed.  Poor Cerenna!  The aliens like her a little too much.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2018, 09:01:12 PM »
The aliens must just adore Cerenna as much as the rest of us do   ;=)
Looks like the household is just swimming in money now!  And speaking of swimming, love that pool!!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 12:21:16 PM »
I'm glad the satellite dish is allowed.  Poor Cerenna!  The aliens like her a little too much.

Seriously, it was like I would step away from the computer and come back to find the UFO hovering.

The aliens must just adore Cerenna as much as the rest of us do   ;=)
Looks like the household is just swimming in money now!  And speaking of swimming, love that pool!!

I was really proud of the pool, but as you'll see ended up making some big changes (hinted at in that update). Money was not much of a problem with this household. I hit rosebud pretty quickly.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »
Journal entry, Cerenna Lannister Tyrell

I got a call from Tommen to tell me that Mama passed away. The next thing I knew I had thrown the phone against the yard and kicked the garbage can over. Then I started crying.

After I got out of bed from crying it out, Aunt Serra called. She hasn’t been around much. I guess she’s been living with an alien named Frank Lothario and was afraid we wouldn’t take it well. Aunt Mayra, who I guess was finding herself, hooked up with someone and has twins: Breanna and Chi.

The weird thing is we know Breanna. She’s in Margaery’s class at school.

Then I saw her again when we all went to the park in Oasis Springs.

Jenny was playing guitar solos for work and raked in about $300 in tips while Margaery played with her cousin and the other kids. She’s finished artistic prodigy and whiz kid and is working on social butterfly and rambunctious scamp.

I'm still sad about Mama.

From: Maester Qyburn, Research and Development, No Sim Left Behind
To: Willas Tyrell
Re: Supplements

Congratulations on Margaery’s fulfilling all four of the childhood aspirations.

We understand she will be aging up tomorrow and have the reports from her pediatrician. You should have received a shipment of supplements in the mail. It is very important that from now on, she takes one pill from each of the three bottles a day. These should be taken with food.

There is no cause for alarm, but these supplements will correct for certain deficiencies. In the interests of protecting your daughter’s confidentiality, I must urge you not to discuss this with anyone.

cc: Willas Tyrell
Re: Progress Report 008

Margaery aged up today. Her second trait is lazy, which is a little disappointing, but she’s maxed out on responsibility, so we hope that will offset it.

She certainly did not hesitate to give herself a makeover, cutting off all her long blonde hair and going for a short brown bob.

It’s probably good my mother is dead or she’d be having fits right now.

The house value keeps going up. We moved all the plants outside of the guesthouse and installed a fence around the yard. We also built a little garden shed, which will probably be the last of the structures we have on the property.

Reclamation of the stream in the back will be next, but that will be a slower process.

Journal entry, Margaery Tyrell

I was watching The Bachelor in the playhouse when I got called inside the main house. Mum and Dad sat me down and explained the Project to me. It’s not like I didn’t know anything about it, but it was still weird when they went through all the details and talked about “my options.”

I mean, I know I’m a teenager, but it was literally yesterday when Garlan and I were playing on the monkey bars. Now he’s this annoying little brat and I’m crushing on my classmates (like all of the time).

They said it was entirely up to me if I wanted to participate in the Project and that I had a lot of time. They both said they would support me no matter what. But still it was weird.

Field Report from Sarella Waters

While the finances continue to be in order and while I firmly believe that every adult member of the household is here of their own free will, something does not seem quite right.

Willas and Cerenna seem to be uneasy about Margaery themselves. The former appears to wish for the girl to participate in the next house, while the latter seems to think otherwise. I have been unable to ascertain why she feels this way. It was difficult to overhear unobserved. All I caught were the words “not acting normally.”

Watcher's Note: Margaery is a stick. Apparently that's what happens when all you have in the house for a kid to eat is garden salad.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 - updated June 28
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »
Hmm...what is that Maester Qyburn up to?  Margaery can't possibly have any deficiencies..she's perfect!  Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2018, 10:32:02 AM »
Hmm...what is that Maester Qyburn up to?  Margaery can't possibly have any deficiencies..she's perfect!  Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2018, 10:36:50 AM »
Field Report from Sarella Waters

Are there any plans to recall me from deep cover? As you will see, I am an elder now and while life here is pleasant, I never thought I’d be finishing out my days in the field.

Communique from Control to Sarella Waters:
No.

Journal entry, Sarella Waters

I haven’t cried since I was five.

Oddly enough, I am all right with everything now. I was watching Nylah upgrading a sink and was struck with how at peace she was.

When I said something about that, Nylah shrugged before tightening the pipes. “Look, I was never the smart kid. My parents aged out before I hit teenager. I was adopted, but I always felt like I didn’t belong. And then one day I met Willas and Cerenna. I live in a beautiful place. I get to do what I want. On my own? I’d be living in some crappy little tract home in Newcrest. It’s not like I ever wanted a romance or kids. This is a nice life.”

Maybe there’s something to that.

I was tempted to confide all to Willas, but then I saw him and Cerenna having a private moment and it felt wrong to intrude.

I walked over to the garden area where the gardener was busy spraying the plants for bugs. “You’re so lucky to live here,” she said.

I wandered back to the main house and joined Margaery on the back porch for some garlic noodles. She’s skin and bones, that girl.

“What do you expect?” Margaery asked. “I think I grew up on fruit and garden salads. Hey can I ask you something?”

“Of course.”

“Do you think I should participate in the Project?”

“Do you know what it will entail?”

Margaery shrugged. “Mum and Dad said I should write No Sim Left Behind and ask, but it seems like so much effort.”

I ate for a bit before answering. “I think that before you commit to anything, you need to know what the expectations are, short and long term and that you need to know the consequences for walking away.”

Journal entry, Garlan Tyrell

They forgot my birthday. I know I’m evil and I know I’m a slob, but how hard is it for someone to cook a cake and let me blow out the candles?

To top it off I found out that Breanna who is a total hottie—

Who likes me—

Who is the only one who will cloudgaze with me—

Who I really really like—

Is my first cousin once removed.

I don’t know what that means except that the way Dad explained it, there’s no way we can ever be an item.

Meanwhile, I overheard Mum saying that if Margaery does the Project that we’re going to have to move temporarily.

Life sucks.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 - updated July 2
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2018, 09:46:35 AM »
Email from Nylah Lynx to Charlene Lothario

Hi Charlene,

It was great running into you the other day at the Green Grill. How are you? Everything is great here. I know we talked about you coming over, but I may be changing addresses soon. Hopefully not for too long because I really love it here.

I’ll touch base when I know for sure, k?

Nylah

Re: House 007

Hi,

Before I decide on participating in the Project, I was wondering what you can tell me about what you’d want me to do?

Thnx,
Margaery

I keep having mood swings. Mum says it’s all part of being a teenager and that it’s normal.

Maybe?

Sarella told me I’m probably on edge because I am anxious about the Project.

Why aren’t they writing me back?

I sent that email days go.

I saw these people fishing out front and went over to say hi. I introduced myself and was chatting and I kept on thinking how cute they both were, which was weird because they’re both young adults and so much older than me.

Dad came out and asked if I had done my homework.

I was annoyed and relieved at the same time and when I looked back at them from the front door, I found myself wondering what I had been thinking because they were both kind of fug.

He’s been so busy with building the stream out back that I found myself kind of glad that he influenced me to go back inside and do the extra-credit work and then to go eat something.

Garlan was out back eating applesauce when I came over with my eggs and toast.

“Are you going to do the Project?”

“I can’t tell you that. Not until I know what it involves.”

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 - updated July 5
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2018, 11:15:30 AM »
Re: Progress Report 009

We exceeded $350k today and Nylah achieved Mansion Baron. In the end, it took a lot of violins concealed in the rafters of the guesthouse, but we did it.

Here’s our bedroom.

The master bath.

One of the upstairs bedrooms.

The hallway

Garlan’s room

Margaery’s room downstairs

The office

Upstairs bath

The playhouse

We have a gaming console and small TV out there now.

The garden.

Will update on the rest in a separate email so we can get around the file size limits.

P.S. Could you get back to Margaery with some idea about the next house, please?

Watcher's Note: one more chapter!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Re: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 - updated July 11
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 09:26:37 AM »
From: Maester Qyburn, Drifter Board of Directors, No Sim Left Behind
To: Margaery Tyrell
Re: Drifter House 007

Please accept my apologies for not replying to your inquiries sooner. We have been experiencing some personnel changes here. I will now be in charge of the Drifter Project.

For this phase of the Project, all members of your current household will temporarily move out. You will remain in the household and participate in a competition. I do not own a television, but a colleague has likened this competition to a program called “The Bachelorette.” While this may sound frivolous, I assure you it is not. Your participation will advance our research into impulse control and interpersonal relationships.

Upon completion of Phase I, the current members of the household will move back into House 006, you and the winner of this competition will be given a plot of land and will need to achieve an aspiration, some housing requirements, and raise an heir to young adulthood.
We look forward to working with you.

Re: Progress Report 010

This is the downstairs of the guesthouse.

Nylah’s bedroom

Nylah’s bathroom

And I think that’s it. Margaery ages up tomorrow. She sounds very excited about participating in the Project although both of us had been hoping she would meet her partner in a more conventional way.

It has been a privilege to be involved with the Project.

Journal entry, Garlan Tyrell

I’m gonna miss this place. Dad and Mum said we’re moving into a very nice property and that it’s temporary, but … yeah, this feels so weird.

They threw me a proper party with a caterer and an entertainer and everything.

Okay, so the piano player was a ghost. It was still pretty cool.

My third trait is romantic. Maybe that’s why I’m always so flirty?

Even Uncle Tommen came.

Mum and Dad sat me down last night and told me I didn’t have to do this if I didn’t want to. Mum told me the same thing again out on the back deck.

Then Dad flagged me down and repeated this.

I keep telling them that I am super excited at getting to meet a bunch of eligible sims. I mean, the alternative is flagging people down as they walk by the house.

I hugged Mum really tightly and told her I couldn’t wait to be a part of the Project.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Drifter Chronicles - House 006 [COMPLETE]
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
Congrats on finishing house #6!  The next challenge sounds interesting.  Can't wait to meet the bachelors and see who gets Margaery's final rose.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2018, 03:14:12 PM »
Congrats on the end of house 6!

I'm not quite sure I understood who Sarella reported to, but the changes in the board are a bit worrying. At least coming from master Qyburn, the bachelorette-like phase nearly makes sense.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2018, 11:29:16 PM »
Whoo!!  Go Margaery!  Can't wait to go start reading about House James Bond...I mean...007   ;=)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 10:39:02 AM »
Congrats on finishing house #6!  The next challenge sounds interesting.  Can't wait to meet the bachelors and see who gets Margaery's final rose.

Thank you! Hope it does not disappoint!

anything