Author Topic: Appeasing the Gnomes  (Read 83965 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Appeasing the Gnomes
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »
@scoed trust me, they burned any and everything in the house. the nanny was taking out the trash piles before they could collect anything from it. LOL

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:20 PM »
There's your problem. Hired help makes trash harvesting harder then it needs to be. And yes if you aren't quick enough they will destroy your home no doubt about that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 12:37:28 AM »
Whooo hooo!  Your scientist can zap those pesky gnomes before they flame, or even if they are flaming and you wind up with something to sell or use and no broken stuff!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline geekgirl101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 01:00:42 AM »
I filled my garden with one of each gnome but they only gave a max of 8 seed packets (at most times they gave me 6.)  These packets resell for §100, so if you place a total of 6 or 8 gnomes in your home during gnome appreciation day then that's approximately §12,000 profit if you don't need the seeds, otherwise they will give you the majority of seeds that came with the base game (not the rare ones though) and the seeds that came with seasons (the only seeds I didn't get were chrysanthemum, sage, mushroom and parsley, but that could've been down to bad luck.)  I also noticed that some of the seed packets bug out where they're buried in the ground, you'd need to build rooms on top of the soil where the gnomes congregated to bring them to the surface.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 06:03:31 AM »
Is there a way to turn these things off? Like, just have them as normal garden decorations? Because I REALLY don't like the idea of Gnomes being alive, it's creepy and annoying and I normally love creepy things but this is creepy in a bad not good way.

Why EA, why did you have to take these cute garden objects and turn them into these creepy demon spawn, why?!  :o :(

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 01:24:12 PM »
@Rainbow Dash
It's a holiday tradition so you can check your calendar. Click edit then remove (or add) the Gnome holiday tradition.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 06:52:47 AM »
Did some testing and discovered the below. I couldn't get a consistent result with giving coffee to Don't fear the reagnomper (good result on 3/4 tests) and am sure that poolside gnome can't be that easy to please but this is based on two tests of each so might be used as a starting point.

Gnome name CoffeeFruitcakeFuturePieSaladToy
________________________________________________Cube____________________________
Happy GnomeversaryGoodBadGoodBadBadGood
Guardian of the GnomelaxyGoodBadGoodBadBadGood
Bearly gnomeBadBadGoodGoodGoodGood
There's No Place Like GnomeGoodGoodGoodBadBadBad
Happy Gnome Garden PalGoodGoodGoodBadBadBad
Gnome Matter What I'm Still Your BabyGoodGoodGoodBadBadBad
Don't Fear the ReagnomperBad?BadBadGoodGoodGood
Mr FloppyBadBadBadGoodGoodGood
Ghastly Ghostly GnomeGoodGoodGoodBadBadBad
Poolside GnomeGoodGoodBadGoodGoodGood
Strictly Business GnomeGoodBadBadGoodBadGood
Bare EssentialsBadBadBadGoodGoodGood

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »
In the past, I've always tried appeasing, but sometimes I guessed wrong.  And sometimes they won't forgive you, so then the kicking begins.
If you have more household members than gnomes, you can buy more in BB, and they will be active and need to be appeased.  I knew Business Gnome likes coffee, so I always bought however many of him I needed.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2020, 02:44:05 AM »
Just want to thank Vesper. Your grid hasn't done me wrong yet. Many thanks.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2020, 03:24:17 AM »
Once I actually started playing with Gnomes I found them quite fun, creepy yes but then again I love creepy things and I feel quite differently about them now than how I used to lol.

Posted by: scoed« on: August 12, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »Quote from: sdhoey on August 12, 2018, 08:08:06 PM
Quote from: kellie13 on July 09, 2018, 09:17:01 PM
I get about 6 gnomes that just appear in my sims home every "Thanksgiving" holiday. Sometimes the only actions I can choose when I click on them is name and admire, but other times I can choose to give them food, coffee, etc. I cannot get rid of them however!  I've heard that you can kick them and they'll go away, but I don't get that option. Any suggestions?

No NO NO, never kick them. That just makes them angry and no one in the house can appease them. I sent two sims outside to appease them in my Sharebear Legacy and they just decided to kick them all on their own. Oh man, I had flaming gnomes all over the house.

But that's the fun part! ;D Gnomes breaking stuff is not really an issue if you have a Spellcaster in the house, Reapairo can solve all your problems! ;)

Posted by: Brian_Z« on: February 06, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »In the past, I've always tried appeasing, but sometimes I guessed wrong.  And sometimes they won't forgive you, so then the kicking begins.
If you have more household members than gnomes, you can buy more in BB, and they will be active and need to be appeased.  I knew Business Gnome likes coffee, so I always bought however many of him I needed.

I like the guessing part, the not knowing what outcome you'll get is what makes it interesting, I'm usually pretty good at guessing myself, you just have to think about it a bit. :)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2020, 03:57:43 AM »
I like the guessing part, the not knowing what outcome you'll get is what makes it interesting, I'm usually pretty good at guessing myself, you just have to think about it a bit. :)

The one that always trips me up, is Don't Fear the Reagnomper.  Every time, I'm sure he must like future cubes.  He doesn't!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2020, 12:44:41 AM »
So my household just celebrated Harvestfest, and I decided to guess instead of consulting the list here.  I got 2 of them wrong, and neither one would forgive.  But I discovered that a spellcaster can Inferniate an angry gnome, and it doesn't summon a horde of angry gnomes to your house!

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2020, 01:05:13 AM »
Or you can just chuck an angry gnome into the recycler. That'll show him!

anything