Author Topic: Uninstall seasons if change my mind  (Read 1698 times)

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
Uninstall seasons if change my mind
« on: July 03, 2018, 09:49:16 PM »
Hello...probably I am at the wrong section of the forum but I shot my question away since I have not found the proper place for it. (I am hopeless to find)

I use many mods and cc but I am so wish to have Seasons. I heard lot about that the majority of my mods and cc will not work. I must have the face and hair mods at least, I can not negotiate on them not to have it. House deco and special career mods I can go without. (not, but fine)

so, I like to know and get advise on how can I delete the seasons pack after I install it and find out it is not worth it for me to have seasons if I lose mods and cc what I can not play without?
I know the pack is worth it, everything is so beautiful and fun. Gosh I longing for winter, I live in the hot country but I love my sims what I created a way they look in game and I am not ready give them up for base game look. (sorry)

(sorry if I am not make much sense, don’t have good english)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: uninstall seasons if change my mind
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 10:10:56 PM »
Most of the mods and custom content have been updated. You just need to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be deleted or replaced.

The post linked below will help you with checking the mods and cc in your mods folder.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

You can't really "uninstall" a pack. You can disable packs, however, turn off game updates first. If not, Origin may try to download the pack that was just disabled.

How to Turn off Game Updates:
Origin > Application Settings - under client updates. Turn off automatic updates.

Read more about disabling packs, in Crin's article linked below:

Disable Single Packs
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2017/03/disable-single-packs/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shatinn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 10:26:14 PM »
Thank you for the links MrsFlynn at the moment all my mods are working, the seasons pack will knock them out this is where the first link can help me fix it
another question, when I install seasons and my mods will not work, if I disable seasons (second link) will my mods work like the new pack not even on?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 10:54:37 PM »
They may or may not work. Most of the time when we receive a patch the game disables the mods and players have to manually turn them back on.

It would be a good idea to move your mods folder to the desktop before installing Seasons. That way the mods/cc won't be a problem.

Clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

Try playing the game again to test. If it loads okay. Exit the game and go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated.

I've read to many players having problems when they turn on both mods/cc options in Game options > Other that it's messed up their save.

Trying to prevent that. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything