Author Topic: Other ways to turn on Cheat Menu/Cheats??  (Read 1412 times)

Offline twincicle123

• coolness
  • Nooboo
Other ways to turn on Cheat Menu/Cheats??
« on: July 27, 2018, 01:18:23 AM »
Okay! So I have a problem with my laptop. Its shift key stopped working sometime earlier this year and so because of that, I haven't been able to use any of my usual sims cheats. I have been using mods as workarounds, but what I was really curious about was, is there maybe a different way to open the cheat menu without using the shift key?

And if not, the main cheat I'm wanting to use is the 'move objects' cheat, so would you guys recommend any mods that allow me to use the cheat without the menu.

Thank you all  :)
be awesome, be happy

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Other ways to turn on Cheat Menu/Cheats??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
By default, there isn't any other way to turn on cheats without the Shift key. Try a different keyboard as a test. If that doesn't help, you might try asking over some of the modding sites such as Sims 4 Studio, ModtheSims, and TSR, if you haven't already.

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »
Is there a way to map the shift key to another key?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 06:02:34 PM »
If you use a separate mouse then there is a programme called X-Mouse that can map keys to mouse buttons. It should be possible to map the shift key to a mouse button, or even the entire ctrl+shift+c combo.