Author Topic: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!  (Read 13043 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!
« on: August 20, 2018, 06:48:59 AM »
Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!

Goal
Recently Carl did a video on his YouTube Channel that spotlighted the Kleptomaniac trait. After watching it I immediately remembered the klepto challenge we offered up from two years ago. Lots of fun. So we're loosening the restrictions a bit from the original event to see what kind of strategies everyone puts together.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one human YA sim in CAS. You must choose the Kleptomaniac trait.
  • No adding to the household.
  • No moving.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • All income is limited to selling stolen items**. If you did not steal it, you cannot sell it.
  • This challenge ends when your Sim has aged up to Adult.
**NOTE: Outdoor plants cannot be stolen. Your Sim might think it's possible to swipe them, but they won't show up in inventory. In addition, your Sim will think the swipe was successful and not be able to steal anything for a few hours.

Scoring

Household Funds — When your Sim turns Adult, sell all stolen items in Household and Personal Inventory, then note your total Household Funds.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, LenaLJ, MarianT, and sdhoey) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Household Funds
GlazeyLady                           342053
LenaLJ                           305483
Nandarelle                           275512
oshizu                           261125
Nomac                           259325
HelenP                           248181
jaycravn                           241664
BallerinaHippo                           235475
Eighty8Keys                           221944
Nikitachi                           215997
Metropolis Man                           213667
Noyo                           194113
SueDenim                           187894
workingmum8                           181768
Whimsical Peanut                           181413
Tynynounours                           157778
JocyMc                           150278
SIMantics101                           132109
coolsim9999999                           120454
junegem                           110123
sdhoey                           80104

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Take This Challenge...It's a Steal!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 08:19:32 PM »
I think this is going to be a fun, short challenge that will really help people try to roleplay a trait and not say "ew, this trait is going to suck."  ;D

No adding to household may seem like a jerk rule but for a challenge like this, you really need to focus on a single character. Having a full household may seem fun, but only if you plan on micromanaging them because you have eight mouths to feed, eight beds to clean and eight butts to wipe. (No mean to be offensive, but every house I played has two toilets.) With just one Sim, you can put them in a premade house and learn how to micromanage their needs and try to resist the temptation to hit the testingcheats code (like I do) and see how work in the wild.

If I find some time, I might test this challenge out just to see how long I can handle playing The Sims 4 without entering the cheat code to fill their motives.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
I think this is going to be a fun, short challenge that will really help people try to roleplay a trait and not say "ew, this trait is going to suck."  ;D

No adding to household may seem like a jerk rule but for a challenge like this, you really need to focus on a single character. Having a full household may seem fun, but only if you plan on micromanaging them because you have eight mouths to feed, eight beds to clean and eight butts to wipe. (No mean to be offensive, but every house I played has two toilets.) With just one Sim, you can put them in a premade house and learn how to micromanage their needs and try to resist the temptation to hit the testingcheats code (like I do) and see how work in the wild.

If I find some time, I might test this challenge out just to see how long I can handle playing The Sims 4 without entering the cheat code to fill their motives.

You were the very first player to comment on the Jokers Wild rule set after I posted it and did not participate, so I hope you will participate in this one.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 03:27:52 PM »
I know. I haven't played The Sims 4 in a long time because I have a PS4, PS3 and PS Vita and a Nintendo Switch so I have a lot of gaming options.  ;D Still, I will look over the rules again and try a practice file just to get myself into the groove of this. I tend to use motive cheats so this will be a challenge, trying to avoid cheating up a Sim's needs and making sure they eat, sleep and shower when they need to, something I am woefully having trouble with in real life.  ::)

But this challenge doesn't ask for very much.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:26:56 PM »
I just finished my 4th practice run of this challenge 8).  It was awesome!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 05:30:56 AM »
I just finished my first practice run of this challenge 8).  It was awesome!

Hands in the air like you just don't care! :)

Offline Equ3strianLuv3r

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 06:13:00 PM »
I finished my first practice run and started a second. The second is going much better...Yea!  ;) Not sure if I'll enter the tournament but this is fun

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 07:12:03 PM »
I finished my first practice run and started a second. The second is going much better...Yea!  ;) Not sure if I'll enter the tournament but this is fun

Welcome to the forum. :) I hope you decide to participate.

Offline Equ3strianLuv3r

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 11:57:21 AM »

Welcome to the forum. :) I hope you decide to participate.
Thanks! I've been practicing.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 01:37:53 PM »
I just finished my 4th practice run of this challenge 8).  It was awesome!

Yowza, @coolsim9999999   
Four practice runs already?! Sounds like you're really enjoying it!
I have to say it is one of my very favorite challenges!!!  *slinks back to Baby Boomer....

@Equ3strianLuv3r
Good luck with the challenge and welcome to the forum. Love your forum handle!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 02:02:53 PM »
Yup --- 4 practice runs, but not this week @oshizu :).  I'll probably get 1 more in before it goes live.  Good luck finishing baby boomer!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 05:05:21 AM »
Can you sell stuff as you go along, or do you need to keep it til the end?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 05:49:50 AM »
For those of you wondering where I have been these past few months ...

Well, my laptop has been giving me a lot of trouble this year, it's stopped working twice and I've been having some major issues with it. At first, it was just a fan replacement, then more serious problems, so I haven't been playing The Sims..

It's a shame really, I won my first challenge, I'd hoped to do more of these challenges, I was really looking forward to some of them, the Baby Boomer one in particular but alas.

I'm taking my laptop to the computer shop this week, to be looked at ... again! But I don't know if I'll be able to participate in any more challenges until I can get this one replaced, which won't be until next year.

I just wanted to let you guys know what has been going on and to wish all of you the best of luck.

I will return to these challenges one day (Hopefully I can do the Baby Boomer and more of these challenges next year), in the meantime I'll be cheering you guys on.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 06:34:00 AM »
For those of you wondering where I have been these past few months ...

Well, my laptop has been giving me a lot of trouble this year, it's stopped working twice and I've been having some major issues with it. At first, it was just a fan replacement, then more serious problems, so I haven't been playing The Sims..

It's a shame really, I won my first challenge, I'd hoped to do more of these challenges, I was really looking forward to some of them, the Baby Boomer one in particular but alas.

I'm taking my laptop to the computer shop this week, to be looked at ... again! But I don't know if I'll be able to participate in any more challenges until I can get this one replaced, which won't be until next year.

I just wanted to let you guys know what has been going on and to wish all of you the best of luck.

I will return to these challenges one day (Hopefully I can do the Baby Boomer and more of these challenges next year), in the meantime I'll be cheering you guys on.

Well, yuck. :( Computer problems are always stressful. I was wondering what happened to you, especially given you had won your first event. Best of luck with getting a replacement laptop.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 07:54:24 PM »
When Fred Klepto aged up to adult, he had stolen items worth §120,454!

Awesome challenge, as always 8)!

It's great to see you around, again, Rainbowdash, and good luck with your computer.

anything