Author Topic: Scout Troop  (Read 11356 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Scout Troop
« on: September 10, 2018, 06:23:19 AM »
Scout Troop

Goal
Oh, for the happy days of childhood, roasting marshmallows, making sit-upons, singing campfire songs, collecting badges...You can relive those days now with your Sims. How much time you get to spend with your Scouts is up to you, because your score will be how long it takes your 3 Sims to collect all the badges.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • This challenge does require the Seasons expansion.
  • In CAS create one human or alien YA and 3 children.
  • No becoming a Vampire.
  • No adding to the household.
  • No moving.
  • You are allowed to use the Buydebug cheat for the sole purpose of purchasing a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • No buying potions for someone else in the household.
  • This challenge ends when all 3 of your children (or teens) have each collected all the badges.

Scoring

Time — When all 3 of your children (or teens) have each collected all the scout badges, write down the date and time. Plug the info into Lena's spreadsheet to calculate the number of minutes it took. This is your score.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, LenaLJ, MarianT, and sdhoey) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Time
LenaLJ                            1089
GlazeyLady                            1112
oshizu                            1363
Whimsical Peanut                            1485
lesleyj42                            1696
Nikitachi                            1746
Tynynounours                            1827
MomOfMany                            1914
JocyMc                            1985
SueDenim                            2168
Snoochenpurner                            2548
Eighty8Keys                            3182
workingmum8                            3219
cbrooks                            3735
Noyo                            4216
sdhoey                            5667
Metropolis Man                            5797
MarianT                            7288
coolsim9999999                            8907

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Scout Troop
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 02:59:26 AM »
"No buying potions for someone else in the household."
Wow!  So, we're allowed to buy potions now :P?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 05:40:03 AM »
"No buying potions for someone else in the household."
Wow!  So, we're allowed to buy potions now :P?

Unless a specific challenge bans it (like this event), yes, you've got the green light for buying potions. At the end of last year when the team was deciding how to make the General Rules shorter with fewer bans, that was one thing that got nixed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 11:48:48 AM »
Thanks Metro.  That's awesome to know for other events :)!  I'll make sure not to use them for this challenge, though.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 04:08:49 PM »
Thanks Metro.  That's awesome to know for other events :)!  I'll make sure not to use them for this challenge, though.

@Metropolis Man   We can use them in this challenge, but each sim can only use potions they purchase for themselves, right?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 07:25:21 AM »

@Metropolis Man   We can use them in this challenge, but each sim can only use potions they purchase for themselves, right?

No, you can't buy potions in this event. But, the General Rules do not ban potions for other events. And that would include passing items.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »

No, you can't buy potions in this event. But, the General Rules do not ban potions for other events. And that would include passing items.

Okay, glad I asked.  Since the rule says no buying for someone else, I didn't understand that also meant they couldn't buy for themselves.  Thanks for clearing it up!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 03:58:26 PM »
Thank you for asking that question @GlazeyLady and thank you for clarifying the rule @Metropolis Man
I'd also assumed the rule permitted buying potions for personal use, but it actually means "Reward potions are banned for this particular challenge."
Good to know before practicing. ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 07:58:53 AM »
@GlazeyLady and @oshizu, Metro asked me to say that indeed you can buy potions, but the Sim who buys them has to be the one to use them. GlazeyLady's first interpretation was correct.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »
Thanks a lot Marian!  That will be helpful in my scoring file 8).

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »
At 12:27 p.m. on the first Saturday, all 3 of Phyllis Nefler's children finished all the badges.
Therefore, my total minutes/my score = 8,907 minutes according to Lena's spreadsheet.  Thanks a lot for the spreadsheet, Lena, and great idea Lena and the rest of the team 8)

P.S. I know she only has 1 daughter in the movie Troop Beverly Hills, but I added 2 more daughters to fit the challenge.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 09:13:42 AM »
Baden Powell's 3 scouts finished all their badges at 9:28 a.m. on the first Friday, for a total of 7288 minutes.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 08:31:31 PM »

Two girl's and one boy scout kid's, completed all badges at 1st week, Wednesday, 6.16 am; final score is 4216 minutes.

This challenge finished a bit better than expected, luckily i writed a review about Seasons pack, i remember playing in details Scout's feature. :) Certainly i guess - expect better results till the end of the challenge. ive finished as early as possible, have to write a couple of reviews, including NBA Live 19 and "CHANGE: A Homeless Survival Experience", the last one is in early access on Steam and might be interesting for Sims players, going to try out soon. Happy simming all, ill try to play final - Collection's challenge, while ill follow Carl's guides on Youtube, sul sul, good luck.  8)

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 11:46:32 PM »
Bubbles, Blossom, & Buttercup finished on Monday at 8:08pm - 2168 minutes

This was a fun challenge!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 06:33:34 AM »
Bubbles, Blossom, & Buttercup finished on Monday at 8:08pm - 2168 minutes

This was a fun challenge!

Oh, sheesh...I love the Powerpuff Girls reference. :)

anything