Author Topic: Items from the store are replaced (CC Related?)  (Read 2163 times)

Offline ZeusSims

• Nooboo
Items from the store are replaced (CC Related?)
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »
Hello everyone!
First of all I want to clarify that I have almost no experience installing lots for The Sims 3.
I have downloaded this house: http://qubedesign.blogspot.com/2014/06/willow-house.html
It is supposed to look like the pictures, but when I put the house in the game, the items that belong to the store are replaced by game objects.
For example the roof mansard.
Here is an image of how the house looks in my game: https://i.imgur.com/fk5cOFo.png
As you can see, I have the objects installed in my game, but the mansard is replaced by a cornice.
How can I solve this problem?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Items from the store are replaced
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »
You might have to ask about the issue at the creator's site or where you downloaded it from. There might be others that have experienced the same/similar issue with the build.

All I can think of is if you have the roof from the store, delete what's there and replace it.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZeusSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 10:27:02 PM »
First of all, thank you very much for responding.
The creator of the house seems to be offline for a while, so that is not a good alternative.
Actually I have the set installed and could manually place the pieces, but I wanted the tone and colors that the creator gave to the mansard of the house.
I do not understand why the game replaces those pieces ignoring that I have the set of the store installed.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »
I'm thinking like someone on ModtheSims mentioned the roof may not be mansard. It's definitely something else.

It's showing up as a custom content fence in my game. Click on image to see larger view.

With there being custom content in it, (It looks like most or all of it's cc comes from TSR) I would highly suggest posting something on the download page to see if anyone else has the same issue. Or go to TSR's Sims 3 forum and see if you can get support there. Since that's where the download is being stored, they might be able to help better, as I'm sure they've run into problems like this before.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ZeusSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 11:23:53 PM »
I find it strange that nobody has commented on this problem in TSR.
I'll think what I can do, maybe try to contact the creator or open a thread in the TSR forum.
Thank you very much for the help provided, with this I can confirm that I am not the only one who has problems with this house.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 11:30:17 PM »
You're welcome, hopefully you are able to get help at TSR and be able to have the house in all it's beauty.

Something else you might be able to do is replace the roof and recolor it the best you can. Taking color inspiration from the house's page.

-- The best I can tell the color number is: "#98B8A6" almost a sagey-green color.

anything