Author Topic: Vacation Help  (Read 1931 times)

Offline SardiniaYogi

• Nooboo
Vacation Help
« on: September 16, 2018, 06:20:34 AM »
I have two issues when I take my sims on vacation:

1. Whenever I enter the jungle on the approach to the temple through the vines, my sim vanishes, it is still playable, I can give commands and the sims completes them, but I cannot actually see my sim.

2. When I exit to leave Selvadorada, or when I arrive at the temple gates and travel to the temple, the game freezes on the loading neighborhoods screen.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Vacation Help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 12:05:59 PM »
This sounds like it maybe due to outdated mods or custom content. Have you checked to make sure all of them are up to date?

How-To: Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 08:04:01 PM »
Just out of curiosity how are you 'giving your sim commands' even though you can't see them?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline SardiniaYogi

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 06:11:24 AM »
I do not have any custom content, but I have removed the Mods file and deleted the cache files anyway. The same thing happens even when I load a new sims game with a different sim.

Any other ideas?

Playalot: I just click the objects in the environment and the commands all come up! Such as clicking on the brambles and getting the command to clear them with hands or with machete. No need to be able tot see the sim to do that.  ;)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 10:59:17 AM »
If I am understanding correctly, you can start a new game with a new Sim and you still have an invisible Sim?

Have you tried any of these tips:

1. Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to the desktop or a USB key.

2. Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game tab and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game. - This deactivates Origin In-Game, as it has been known to cause problems with games.

3. Empty Sims personal and family inventories. Often too many items in the inventories can cause issues. - Also, having a large family and house with a lot of furniture/decor and landscaping will cause lag after awhile.

4. Reset Sim and/or Household - Have them travel

resetsim [firstname lastname]

Have them all travel to another lot, and then send them home. This should reset all family members.
-- * Use the M key for map, for fast travel.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »
Well sounds like a mod you were using has caused this. Hopefully some/one/all of Mrsflynns suggestions have cleared the glitches out and you can now play normally.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.