Author Topic: Forced Laptop Mode  (Read 3737 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Forced Laptop Mode
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:25:10 AM »
Hi so I recently bought a new laptop and I've been trying to run my game at a higher graphical quality however I've got a problem

I tried to up the quality but when laptop mode is enabled I am unable to get any setting off the lowest possible settings as I change the setting quality to medium and click the check. It says a restart is needed to allow the changes to happen so I restart the game. I reload in and it's changed all my settings back to the lowest even though I confirmed it.

Then I try turning laptop mode off and changing the settings, save and reset again but when I reload it again it has re-enabled laptop mode and everything is still on the lowest setting!

(I had the same issue with my old laptop too)

I have tried repairing my game and that doesn't effect what happens. Is there any way I can force the game to keep the changes I make?

Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Forced Laptop Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:21:10 PM »
Try deleting, or renaming the Option.ini file in the Sims 4 folder. Reset the options in-game to see if that helps.

If it doesn't you may want to make sure the computer is running on the graphics card instead of the chip.

Crinrict's article linked below explains how to make sure the laptop is running with the graphics card.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Forced Laptop Mode
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »
Okay I'll try those later tonight, thank you!
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

anything