Author Topic: Diesel Stuff Pack: Where does it install?  (Read 2062 times)

Offline LadyMacGuffin

• Nooboo
Diesel Stuff Pack: Where does it install?
« on: September 25, 2018, 10:54:56 AM »
I resisted getting the Diesel SP for a long time, but then picked it up on sale via Origin. I have all the expansions and all the stuff packs except for Katy Perry (which I do not want).

I recently discovered while trying to do something else that there is no folder for the Diesel SP, even though it's definitely installed and I can access the content in my game. I've done a search of the hard drives and I can't find it anywhere, at least, not by name. Everything else is installed in the custom Origin directory (along with some other Origin games), named, originally enough, "OriginGames" (and it's on a drive other than C). When I discovered that there is no Diesel stuff pack folder there and doing some searches and so on, I actually uninstalled it completely, re-downloaded through Origin, and reinstalled, and tested and it's there in the game and works fine, but I still can't find where it's actually installed.  ???

Am I missing something obvious? Losing my mind? I assure you, I've checked the OriginGames (and other Origin-related) folder repeatedly and it is definitely not there in any way that I can see.

Is this some weird new thing that EA/Origin are doing now, where content is hidden or something? It's definitely there, somewhere, but... where? Thoughts?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Diesel Stuff Pack: Where does it install?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:26 AM »
Your game should be installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3  - by default. Unless you changed the install path?

You can check this by opening Origin, Click on Origin, in the menu up in the left corner of the Origin screen. Click on Application Settings > Installs and Saves and look for the section On Your Computer and under Game Library Location. Click on image to see larger view.

What does it show for you? If it shows something different than above, go to that location to find your packs.

If your expansions and/or stuff packs aren't showing where they are installed, you could try uninstalling Origin and reinstalling it. Sims 3 won't be affected, as it's installed in a completely different folder.

Before a uninstall/reinstall of Origin, do a repair to see if that might help.

In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 3 and select Repair. - It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 3 folder to the desktop or a USB key.

Uninstall/Reinstall Origin
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21898.msg431239#msg431239
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything