Author Topic: Fixing a Hole in the Floor  (Read 13064 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Fixing a Hole in the Floor
« on: October 29, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »
Hi, I have a "hole" in the second floor of one of my houses and was wondering how to fix it. Nothing I've tried so far is doing the trick and I don't want to bulldoze the house. Here is a pic of it. I've tried putting a floor tile there, but can't. Whenever I try to put the stairs in the corner where I had them originally, it says "can't intersect other objects." I'm assuming that the game "sees" an object on that hole or maybe that hole is the "object." In build or buy mode, there is not grid over it either. Help!Hole in Floor2.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Fixing a Hole in the Floor
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:43:18 PM »
Have you tried moving the stairs, replacing the floor tiles and then putting back the stairs?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 02:30:56 AM »
Yes, I have. Nothing seems to be working. As I said, there is no grid line over that hole. :( I'll try to see if there is anything on the ground floor that is in the way.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 07:29:18 AM »
Have you ever used constrainfloorelevation on this lot?

Have you tried placing a wall or column underneath it to see if that forces a grid onto it?

Can Sims walk over it? If they can't, what object do they complain about being in their way?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 11:49:42 PM »
Hi again, I hate to bring this old thread back, but I'm having the same problem again. To answer Seabody, no I've never used CFE on the previous house or on the house that I'm having the same problem again, nor can I put any column under it and my sims cannot walk on it. I tried putting a wall around it, but that didn't work. When I tried to put a floor tile on it, the tile appeared in random spots on the lower level directly below it. When I tried putting a wall around it on the same level, a wall appeared just to the side on the lower level. I'm going to try to reset the household and see if that works to clear it up.

Edit: Resetting the household did not work. Inerestingly, when I looked through the hole, trying to place the floor tile, it appeared on the lower floor. I may just have to move the family out and into a new house.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »
You may have tried this already, but have you deleted that part of the house so to speak then put columns by that area to make sure there can be flooring put on that spot?

If you want to send me the house I can see if I can help.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 11:30:23 PM »
You may have tried this already, but have you deleted that part of the house so to speak then put columns by that area to make sure there can be flooring put on that spot?

If you want to send me the house I can see if I can help.

i have this same problem with the gym i built! on one floor, i was able to throw a rug on the floor, but i'm not sure if that helped at all. on another floor, nothing i do will fix the problem - i've even deleted and rebuilt the entire floor.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 11:42:30 PM »
Sonshine and I worked on the problem and found with the issue in her case, rebuilding worked.

I have found since that sometimes you just can't get rid of the hole unless you fully rebuild the whole building from ground up.

It seems to happen after you've placed a ladder, and remove it later. It seems to glitch and leaves a big hole in the floor. If you remove it right after placing it the glitch doesn't happen.

If you'd like, pm me and we'll see what we can do to get it fixed? -- Though I do like the idea of throwing a rug over the whole. lol :)

i have this same problem with the gym i built! on one floor, i was able to throw a rug on the floor, but i'm not sure if that helped at all. on another floor, nothing i do will fix the problem - i've even deleted and rebuilt the entire floor.

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 12:47:45 PM »
It seems to happen after you've placed a ladder, and remove it later. It seems to glitch and leaves a big hole in the floor. If you remove it right after placing it the glitch doesn't happen.

i've found that in some buildings, as well. but that' isn't the case here. the only ladders in the entire building are the wall-climbing ladders, and they're in a completely different part of the gym. when this particular floor started, brand new -- second floor and was a near-solid rectangle; i hadn't even put walls up. but then there were the holes - there's two; i checked last night. i have no idea yet whether the rugs did anything or not. 🤣 i'm still in the process of putting this town together. however, after i placed the rug, i put a punching bag and a ficus on it, so 💁🏻‍♀️. just as the universe as a whole, the sims moves in mysterious ways.