Author Topic: Random crashing and no medicine?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
Random crashing and no medicine?
« on: October 31, 2018, 01:21:20 AM »
I've noticed that my game has been just shutting off. No warning, no error, it just slightly pauses and then closes back to origin. I'm saving every 20 minutes or sooner just to be careful. Sometimes I can go a few hours and nothing at all sometimes it does it 3 times in a few hours. Any suggestions?

On another note we cant buy medicine anymore? I know we didnt used to be able to go to a hospital except for birth is that different? Ive seen no prompts or options for medicine or hospitals.

Many thanks for the help!

Edit:Many months later I have a solution! So Somehow mods or cc corrupted my game, propably a bad batch I had and even though i remove them before updates I could have missed removing them before an update which caused some errors. So the solution that has worked for me (so far) is below.

1: go to electronic arts folder
2: rename "the sims 4" to "the sims 4 old"
3: go to origin and launch sims 4
4: close the game
5: go back into the electronic arts folder there will now be a new sims 4 folder
6: go into the old sims 4 folder and copy the tray files and the saves files and paste them into the new sims 4 respective folders ex: tray old > tray new
7: back to origin and launch again

the game launches as if brand new, as in, never before played welcome to the sims and welcome to every pack you have purchased brand new. which means reset setting of course but so far I have not put in my mods or cc as I'm going through the painstaking process of 1 at a time batch play until i figure out which one is giving me problems.
I posted this update to hopefully help anyone else who has the same issue i did.

oh also the medicine isn't available for purchase with a mod I have. solved that too :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Random crashing and no medicine?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 01:46:34 AM »
You didn't mention what you've tried to troubleshoot the crashing, so please forgive any repeat tips.

Here are a few tips to try, with more in the post linked below:

1. You may need to check to make sure drivers are up to date.

Finding devices and updating drivers on your PC
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

2. The crashing could be a potential power supply or overheating issue. Try cleaning out your computer, if that doesn't help. You may need to either have a friend help clean it out or take it to a repair shop to get it cleaned out. You may also want to have them test the power supply to rule out issues with that.

3. Deactivate Origin in Game -- Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect or turn Off to disable Origin In Game.

4. Start the game in Windowed mode -- In Origin, go to the Games Library tab, and right click on the Sims 4 Cover and select Game Properties - In the Command Line Arguments, add the following text: -w and click Okay.

5. Check that mods and custom content are up to date with the latest patch. These become outdated with every new patch and cause issues with your games.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

More Tips: Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29308.msg408903#msg408903

Sounds like you can purchase medicine from the computer. I'm not sure. If that's not working, clear game cache and the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder even if not using mods and custom content. Try replacing the computer and try again.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
Re: Random crashing and no medicine?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 01:18:43 AM »
I know this is a late reply. I fixed the game and repaired it and it no longer crashes. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk