Author Topic: Installed Showtime from Disc, Launcher says it's not installed  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Logosim15

• Nooboo
Installed Showtime from Disc, Launcher says it's not installed
« on: November 08, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
Guys, I desperately need your help with the sims 3, I don't know what to do.

I own all my sims 3 games as discs and kinda dislike Origin (anygamestarter is pretty much essential for me). So I wanted to uninstall them in Origin and reinstall them from the discs instead, and so I did. When I was finished, I manually patched to 1.67 (anygamestarter doesn't work with 1.69) and started the game.

But in game I unfortunately noticed that starlight shore was missing, so I checked the launcher and it said it wasn't installed, although it clearly was. I uninstalled and then reinstalled showtime several times, also used the CCleaner in between, but nothing changed an I was convinced that there was something wrong with the disc.

I then decided to buy a new one, as I really enjoy the pack and thought it was definitely worth it. Two days ago it arrived and I was beyond happy to be finally able to play again. But the same thing happened again! Wth? I'm completely out of ideas now and coudn't find anything about this on the internet so far. Will probably try to contact EA, but I guess they wilö only tell me to just install it via origin...

You're kinda my last hope!
Sorry for the long text, and thank you for reading if you came this far.

EDIT: I don't know if it's important in this case, as my laptop already ran the game flawlessly, but I will give you my specs anyway, just in case:

System Information:
------------------
System Manufacturer & System Model: LENOVO 80WK
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
---------------
Display Devices:
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1050

Display Memory: 12150 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4021 MB
Shared Memory: 8129 MB
Current Mode: Unknown

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Installed Showtime from Disc, Launcher says it's not installed
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
It sounds like you installed the full disc game like I have done? Noting the steps to make sure we're on the same page.

-- If uninstalled the game beforehand, move the old Sims 3 folder to the desktop. And run ccleaner. - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

How to use CCleaner to fix PC issues
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-CCleaner

1. Make sure to turn off game updates for Sims 3 in Origin, close and exit Origin so it doesn't try to tie itself to Sims 3.

2. Install base game, and then run the super patch.
Super Patch (1.67) [The SuperPatcher is meant for 1.67 and below installs only.]
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-67-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

3. Install the rest of the disc expansions and stuff packs.

4. Run the FordGT90Concept's Patcher
http://modthesims.info/d/409829
** It will install the patches for the earliest games that got left out of the super patch.

5. Restart the computer.

6. Launch the game to make sure it works. This will create a new folder and with that you can add back in any mods and custom content you have.

If you've done all that, I'm not sure what more to suggest. However, if you haven't tried all the tips above. You might want to try one more time to uninstall/reinstall the game, as instructed above to see if that helps.

Hopefully this helps :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Logosim15

• Nooboo
Re: Installed Showtime from Disc, Launcher says it's not installed
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:44:17 AM »
Thank you for your detailed answer, MrsFlynn

I will try all of the steps you proposed, some of them I already knew, but I've never heard of the concept's patcher before.
This is gonna be a looooong night!  ;D

anything