Author Topic: Homeless Sim  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Homeless Sim
« on: November 08, 2018, 08:22:41 PM »
Hi everybody:  i am not sure if this question was asked before. sorry if it was but i am currently playing a homeless sim and i was just wondering how long you let the sim stay homeless before providing him or her with a house? i just started playing and i want to get some ideas as to how long because it is about to be winter in a few sim days so i am debating on doing a free real estate or just let him bunk down at the fire station. thanks for any reply you give. i am trying a challenge for the first time and it's fun!

bye!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Homeless Sim
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:52:14 PM »
I totally failed at playing with a homeless Sim. I ended up giving them shelter after a few days of constantly being cold and their mood tanking because of that. So I made them a small house on their lot.

I had originally put them on a 20x20 lot with a maybe 6x6 home to start.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »
i know how you feel mrs flynn. i start to feel sorry after 2 sim weeks  and give them a home using free real estate and pretend they came across an empty abandoned house and they become a squatter and then give them a part time job. thanks for answering!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 09:51:37 PM »
I didn't even know you could play a "homeless" sim. In my understanding, they have to have some kind of lot that they reside on. After that, you can do whatever you want. Play another family, but if you don't have a fridge and a bed and a toilet, the game will move him to a normal house.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 03:55:06 PM »
For how long you let someone stay "homeless", is really up to you. Ive had one where i couldnt live inside a home, until i had 10k cash :) But like i said, its up to yourself. Set goals, try it out. If it doesnt work, start over :)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 06:54:45 PM »
thanks for getting back to me wickedsimmer! i haven't exactly done the homeless challenge per se, i just played one for myself. but i start getting a little anxious for them when fall and winter starts to set in my game, so what i do is have them "find" a empty house, then i do freerealestate and have them live there and get them a job and settle in but i am going to really try a homeless challenge. this is one of my new year resolution for playing sims for 2019. thanks again! happy simming and happy thanksgiving!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »
Hi again, Wicked Simmer, I think I know the challenge you mentioned, maybe the "homeless to billionaire" one? I did that one. In that one though they have to have a house, but can't live in it until they make $30k.
Peanuts, what you might want to do is buy an empty lot and maybe just put a bench or something there. If you make a park w/a bldg in it that maybe has a bed or a park w/a tent in it, your sim can "live" there during the winter. Even in the summer, they can sleep in the tent in the park. This is what I did for that "homeless" challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything