Author Topic: Running a cafe  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Running a cafe
« on: November 16, 2018, 06:35:41 PM »
Hello!  so i have an idea for gameplay for sims 3 in my head. i am thinking of using the bjorn cafe from aurora skies and have my sim run it as a cafe/bookstore and use a cash register and then have my sim use the upstairs as her home. sort of a live in upstairs run a bookstore downstairs. do you think this is possible? i hope so but i wanted to find out if i can pull this off before i even get started.

thanks for any reply!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Running a cafe
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »
I don't think this is possible. As the game will hire NPC (Non-playable characters) to man the registers. This might be doable with a mod, though I am unfamiliar with any.

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 12:42:44 AM »
i've been testing it just now to see if it can happen and you're right i thought i'd give it a shot though. it would be kinda fun to live upstairs and have a business downstairs.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 02:59:03 AM »
I'm sorry it didn't work. Now that I think about it more I tried it a long time ago, except with a consignment shop. The game won't allow Sims to live on a community lots, which you'd have to change it to to make any kind of community lot. :(

It was fun test though. I had everything set up except for the cash register.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »
it was fun for me too  :( i gave it new furniture, paint, floors and wallpaper. oh well, we tried, right?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 10:17:06 PM »
Yep, we tried it and enjoyed trying it. You can keep what you built and have your Sim buy it and hire a NPC to run the place.

anything