Author Topic: Empty Houses (Outdated mod related)  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Boudicca

• Warrior Queen
  • Nooboo
  • Becky with the Good Hair
Empty Houses (Outdated mod related)
« on: November 17, 2018, 03:23:04 PM »
Just loaded a household in the game and what I got was an EMPTY HOUSE! Nothing. I loaded a pic so you can see what I'm talking about. In the meantime, I'll see if there is a workaround for this.

ETA: Moving the household out then moving them back in doesn't work.

emptyhouse.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Empty Houses
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 04:53:43 PM »
This isn't happening in my game. I just jumped in-game to test this and every time I moved my family into a furnished home I was able to see all the furnishings.

Edit - Test #2:

I jumped back into game to test moving my Sim out of her house, into a furnished house, and then moved her back into her original house.

It won't allow to purchase it furnished. It will only give options of Unfurnished or bulldoze lot. Furnished is greyed out.

Did you by any chance do something similar in your game?

Have you tried repair game? - In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair.

Even if you're not playing with mods or custom content have you delete the game cache and the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting?

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »
We're you playing this household, loaded the game and the furnishings disappeared? Or did you move around and keep furniture and then move back? Ive done that. I moved and kept furniture and then moved back into the same house and it wouldn't allow me to buy furnished only empty.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Offline Boudicca

• Warrior Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 10:20:35 PM »
MrsFlynn, Yes, I tried repairing with Origin, clearing cache files, and resetting the game but that didn't work. Thank you for the helpful tips.

@TaliaSimmySim I just loaded the household and there was no furniture. Sometimes, the furniture will load but when my Sim travels then goes back home the furniture will disappear again. Trying to place another house from the gallery doesn't work either along with the other things you all have mentioned.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 10:31:16 PM »

Have you tried a new save to see if it happens in a new save as well?

It sounds as though as maybe the save has become corrupt?

If it's still a problem even with a new save you might want to try resetting your Sims 4 folder. Then try a new game with a new Sim without adding any old files to see if that helps.

Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 03:03:06 AM »
Sometimes buying a new microwave for the house solves the issue..weird I know, but worth a try. Basically the game seems to recognize the microwave placed and so then the rest of the house loads as it should (fully furnished). This was a bug some time ago but I can't find the original bug report.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Boudicca

• Warrior Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 10:04:09 AM »
Okay, I will try buying a microwave then.

ETA: Tried it. No dice.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Boudicca

• Warrior Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 01:48:39 PM »
So I made a fresh save with a new family but I could not place a lot from the gallery whilst in live mode (unusual). However, I was able to place a lot whilst in world mode but I ended up with this:

emptyhouse2.jpg

I also keep getting the following exceptions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm so kicked off about this.  >:(

Offline Boudicca

• Warrior Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 05:43:28 PM »
Sorry it took so long for me to post an update. Anyway, I tried using a vanilla Sim and moved it into a pre-made house in Willow Creek. There were no errors until my Sim travelled to the park and came home to this:

emptyhouse3.jpg

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 05:49:59 PM »
Is this happening in Willow Creek only or have you tried a few different neighborhoods? And which park are you going to? I'm going to try and duplicate your error.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »
Did you remove the mods folder, clear game cache and localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder before trying a new save with a new Sim in a pre-exisiting house?

As it seems like from your previous post you were using custom content. Trying to determine if this is some how caused by outdated mods or cc.

Offline Boudicca

• Warrior Queen
  • Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 06:23:07 PM »
Is this happening in Willow Creek only or have you tried a few different neighborhoods? And which park are you going to? I'm going to try and duplicate your error.

This happened in a few different neighborhoods, especially the new one. I went to Willow Creek park.

I reset my user files and moved out my mods folder before trying again. All of my script and core mods are up-to-date anyway. The errors occur with or without mods.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 06:31:41 PM »
Ok. I'm going to create a new world with a new save and a new sim and move them into Willow Creek and see if I have the same issues.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 06:35:47 PM »
This definitely sounds like a new bug or maybe an older bug that has reappeared. If you haven't yet, it may be a good idea to report it to AHQ Sims 4 Bug Reports - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Let them know what you've tried with photos. This is so they can help you better.

List of things tried:

1. Moved Mods to the desktop, and cleared caches.
2. Repaired game
3. Reset user folder
4. Tested new game, new Sim in a pre-exisiting house.

This happened in a few different neighborhoods, especially the new one. I went to Willow Creek park.

I reset my user files and moved out my mods folder before trying again. All of my script and core mods are up-to-date anyway. The errors occur with or without mods.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »
I tried recreating the issue and am still having no luck.

Moved Sim from Oasis Springs to Willow Creek into the house called Daisy Hovel. (Furnished)

Traveled to Magnolia Blossom Park and back. (Still Furnished)

No mods/cc, recently patched, new folder, new save and Sim.